Workplace "mishaps" or follies...

I went into work today, and had people looking at me saying, you don't need to be here, go home...

So, I went and found my supervisor and asked what was going on.

He told me that we're keeping only the top performers on the floor today, and since your SPH (sales per hour) is not the highest, you don't have to work until Tuesday.

Now, keep in mind this happened to ALOT of people, not just me, but now my check that I was counting on being big, with all of the overtime I did, is now gonna be $150 short~!!!!@$@$^

Life is wierd and sucky.

Was working grave shift during a really sucky rain storm. Had just finished fueling the 4th and final plane for the next days flyers. Disconnected the fuel truck, wound up the hose, ran over and shut off the external power unit and ran underneath the plane...right into the antenna underneath the plane. I am 6'6" tall and have ducked underneath the plane plenty of times (almost a requirement). Two things I had not thought about just before I got my concussion that night....

1) I just finished putting 150,000 lbs of fuel on the plane, so it was obviously lower

2) I was raining out so I didnt have that great of visibility with the hood up on my gortex

Left a nice triangular scrape on my head and knocked myself to the ground. I stood up afterwards and realized my retardedness and put my hand on my head...which lead to more pain since it was raw and bleeding a decent bit...Twas also my first aircraft "bite" so the next day I was kinda proud :P as sick as that sounds. But if you are in any sort of a mechanical job....you know...its not a matter of "IF" but "WHEN" its going to happen lol...and that in a nutshell is my first mishap. I am sure I could make you fall asleep with more, but I am sure this will suffice ;)

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

Oh man, that sucks. I guess that's been happening to a lot of people lately. I had an acquaintance who was "fired" for three weeks because the company couldn't afford to pay her.

I could regale you with some of my mishaps as a housewife. lol. But they are probably not as frustrating as the people who actually make money.... =P

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

I'm recording a flash tutorial for a customized version of our software - or shall I say, attempting to. The program (Adobe Captivate) is crashing every five minutes. Thought I'd finish this project today but I was being REALLLLLY optimistic. The problem is mostly with my computer - I've been waiting for an upgrade for a year now; at this point it looks as if it will take an act of Congress to get it. Not only that, but folks who know that I'm attempting to record audio are making too much noise. And they are perturbed about why I am so stressed out today...

RHJMap.jpg

Im back working on an ex friends boat and have just "saved" his engine as he was about to store it for the winter with salt water in the oil unknowingly. I tore down the heads (they had broken a valve spring before) upon finding all the oil milky and rocker arms rusty. I replaced all the valve springs (and found a second one broken) and had the engine running beautifully on the trailer for him as he was leaving for up north. I told him when he got back I would go out with him and adjust the timing.

A few months ago he returned, put the boat in the water and ran it and was unhappy as he wanted me to adjust the timing. Getting to the boat I found a bent push rod and that the studs for the rocker arms were pulling out under the valve spring pressure. I found this out by adjusting the valves as much as possible and they remained loose, inserting a washer to take up the play and turning the engine over I saw the studs being pushed out under normal operating (well just cranking) conditions.

Long story short I told him and we ordered new heads as the studs were pressed in and there was nothing we could do, he picked up the heads and was advised he would need to keep his rocker arms so Napa attempted to remove the rocker arms which were very tight (remember I torqued them down as much as possible and they were still loose) because I tightened them. Napa informed him that no mechanic would torque them this tight and then he came to me telling me to leave his boat and never do any work for him or any of his friends. In a small community with only 2 auto parts stores this is a big blow

id.jpg

I've worked at many jobs who think they are saving money doing things a certain way. But, really, they are not.

Yeah... been there, done that.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 1 year later...

Well, I know a keyboard which happened to drink Cola and a printer which drank Fanta... :D

I had to buy another keyboard in order to use it. :D

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-