Blackbeard Festival

Dutchman

Ahoy folks,

Just an update of whats going on. We've been on a roller coaster of planning on our side and I hope all understand and forgive us. From last nights meeting I can say the following. Its going to be different than anything we have done before!

I know lots of folks are making plans to attend and I've been working with Pern making sure everyone is going to have something to do and let me tell ya, with 100 yes 100 reenactors/ living historians pirates, pirate hunters, sutlers, and not including the boat crews, its a bugger! BUT WE DID IT!

Whats on the plate you might ask? The capture of William Howard, which has not been done in three years. The ball Friday night, now at the Crown Plaza Hotel. (pirate hunters, this means no late night drunks wandering through your camp!)

CANNONS sat morning. Sea Battles, Living history, skits, and my personal favorite- anything to be done with the longboats!!! Yes we will have two crewed longboats there this year, plus a third gig thanks to the fine folks of the Ohio area. So expect mayhem on the water and thats all I'm sayin about that!

The best part is going to be the gathering of the bretheren Saturday night where we can all unwind! What a time we have around the fire! So far in order of appearance at the festival tis us, the devilmen of cape fear, crewe of the vigilant, Crew of the Archangel, Bone Island Buck-an-ears, and officially announced last night the Lobsterback Society. Tis going to be a grand time.

I know communications to what is going on has been sparse, but please understand there were some last minute items and we would rather have said nothing than say the wrong thing! If anyone has any last minute needs, please contact me. :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahoy folks,

Just an update of whats going on. We've been on a roller coaster of planning on our side and I hope all understand and forgive us. From last nights meeting I can say the following. Its going to be different than anything we have done before!

I know lots of folks are making plans to attend and I've been working with Pern making sure everyone is going to have something to do and let me tell ya, with 100 yes 100 reenactors/ living historians pirates, pirate hunters, sutlers, and not including the boat crews, its a bugger! BUT WE DID IT!

Whats on the plate you might ask? The capture of William Howard, which has not been done in three years. The ball Friday night, now at the Crown Plaza Hotel. (pirate hunters, this means no late night drunks wandering through your camp!)

CANNONS sat morning. Sea Battles, Living history, skits, and my personal favorite- anything to be done with the longboats!!! Yes we will have two crewed longboats there this year, plus a third gig thanks to the fine folks of the Ohio area. So expect mayhem on the water and thats all I'm sayin about that!

The best part is going to be the gathering of the bretheren Saturday night where we can all unwind! What a time we have around the fire! So far in order of appearance at the festival tis us, the devilmen of cape fear, crewe of the vigilant, Crew of the Archangel, Bone Island Buck-an-ears, and officially announced last night the Lobsterback Society. Tis going to be a grand time.

I know communications to what is going on has been sparse, but please understand there were some last minute items and we would rather have said nothing than say the wrong thing! If anyone has any last minute needs, please contact me. :D

Hey although we will be there as "pressed" men and women of the Archangels, since we are bringing a boat, and 6 of our members, can we unofficially recognize the Scioto Pirates (the Ohio bunch)? :D

No seriously thanks for giving us the nod above. We are very pleased to be coming out again this year, and even more happy that we were able to round up a few more to drag with us (kicing and screaming no less).

What is the deal with the Crown Plaza Hotel? I've not heard anything about that yet?

Michael_banner.jpg

Very well then my friend, the Scioto pirates as well. you do know about the tankard police don't you? :D

As far as the Crown Plaza goes.... We have no idea, it happened above our pay grade. Its happening and that's all that matters.

There is also a rumor the Festival would not be happening next year. BUNK! Just stand by for an announcement after this years festival is all I can say.

Very well then my friend, the Scioto pirates as well. you do know about the tankard police don't you? :D

As far as the Crown Plaza goes.... We have no idea, it happened above our pay grade. Its happening and that's all that matters.

There is also a rumor the Festival would not be happening next year. BUNK! Just stand by for an announcement after this years festival is all I can say.

Tankard Police... Ugh.... And people wonder why my enthusiasm over this years festival is almost non-existant. ;)

As for next year's festival, unless the School of the Sailor is happenning in conjunction with the Hampton Festival, I don't think next year I will be found in Hampton. :D

Editted as omment may have come off not as intended.

Michael_banner.jpg

....Whats on the plate you might ask? The capture of William Howard, which has not been done in three years. The ball Friday night, now at the Crown Plaza Hotel. (pirate hunters, this means no late night drunks wandering through your camp!)

(Lilly Frowning)...Does that also mean no late night singing? We've got to have at least one great Forecastle Shanty that evening!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Oh Miss Lilly your new avatar looks like a screen shot from a cooking show on the GAoP food network. Sorta a Rachel Ray with a cutlass!

Well, I'll take that as a complitment, SutlerJonSeeing that we're both from Upstate NY, I would love to share my famous recipe for pig trotters. It's a quick meal from camp fire to table in 30 mins!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"

'twas meant as a compliment, see if they can set a taping of the Mistress Lilly Show .....

Her new cutlass is a slicer, a dicer, a mankiller from Ronco

This weeks episode, "Salamagundi" mystery ingredient salted boucanned Pork

wash it down with a spirited Rum Punch

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

wait a sec. I never said no festival in 2010!!!!! I said to stand by for a big announcement.

I can guarantee there will be a festival next year> lets get through this one first though!!!!!

HUZZAHHHH!!!!!!!!

'bbcddutchman' date='May 28 2009, 12:01 PM

There is also a rumor the Festival would not be happening next year....

Oh, I'm not worried, Dutch. You mentioned the fact that it is a rumor...and we'll just have to see what occurs after the dust clears for this event.

How's the weather looking for Friday thru Sunday anyway?

Member of "The Forsaken"

Cheeky, I would appreciate you posting an entire quote and not just what suits your needs.

"There is also a rumor the Festival would not be happening next year. BUNK! Just stand by for an announcement after this years festival is all I can say." as opposed to "Wow! Possibly no Blackbeards Fest for 2010?! We'll just have to see what the powers that be have to say then. Keep us in the loop."

Anyhow, the weather is calling for mid 70's to 80's all weekend with rain and lightning thursday into friday night with showers on saturday. Expect high humidity.

Edited by bbcddutchman

I'm feeling lazy, does anyone have the address to the museum for us to use on the GPS and/or Mapquest directions?

If you could either post the address here or private message me with it, I would be greatlly appreciative! :lol:

See you guys Friday late morning or early afternoon.

Michael_banner.jpg

Looking very much forward to this one dutch( sewing another kit together tonight lol) i do pray that rain holds off for a bit, for theres nothing worse than wet powder. and i agree with Mistress McKinney, that there should be a good shanty or two..or six on saturady lol Fair winds mates!

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

600 settlers landing road, hampton virginia 23669

oh boy, I finally got that warm fuzzy tis festival season yesterday!!!! the tent is packed, explorer gets loaded tomorrow and i bring her down thursday, i'm looking for last minute gear that i haven't seen since the last time i saw it, Robbie is headed to florida, what could be better.

the forecast is calling for rain friday and saturday with the temp in the 90's now. good virginia humidity!!! HUZZAH

the small boat battle is really coming together as it is intended to actually fall apart. this is going to be a fun battle with many twists and turns. I'm almost thinking about handing out a score card to see who can keep up with it! Cast call is going to be a fun one this year!

Dutch, do you want me to bring Robbie up with me, if he's walkin' I'll probably see him.

I'll let him ride in the back, I don't if I can take his nonstop ramblin'.

I got the impression that Capt. Sterling was dissapointed that Robbie was not gonna make an appearance.

Let me know if I can help.

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

I am so bummed to be missing this

Agreed. OK, all of you who are attending, we, the left-behind, need pictures and updates as this meeting progresses or I'll kick the lot of you in your left behinds! And I'll find Robbie and give him a bus ticket home!

Savvy?

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Like we will have time to take photographs???

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/