SCHOOL OF THE SAILOR

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here piggy piggy piggy come to dinner. a fine specimen has been donated to the cause. bill and cookie will be doing their magic. Saturday evenings entertainment is going to be a concert by the York River Symphony. The selected choices are Pirates of Penzants in the first set and a maritime/ adventure theme the second. Intermission will be a benefit auction. we are looking for goodies to auction off.

Fridays education block is being lined up, its looking to be a bit different than the norm AND hopefully we may have some guests from a research project in the area sharing some information as well as bringing some items to look at. If this one pans out, i'm still not going to share- but it will be worth your while!

Whats the cost for all this you ask? Your time on Saturday for living history. A donation to the foundation of what you think is worth while to you would also be appreciated. Remember, once costs are covered- anything else goes to the construction of Luna, which will benefit us all in the end.

Where can we find registration Information? I don't see anything except an event description on the Holly Point/Deltaville site. This looks like a really worthwhile event.

Any other "marooners" going up from the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area? Want to carpool and/or maybe look into coming together to do some of the crew events?

Davey

Edited by Davey Dog Crusher

form is still a work in progress. heck were still trying to figure out what to call this evolving beast. its next on the to do list after tonights meeting. Davey, were meeting at the hampton History Museum at 7 for our annual meeting. Come on up.

**Jumping up and down** I know...I know! Call it Dutchie's Dilemma ... **sniggering**

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Deltaville, Va

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

form is still a work in progress.

Crewe of the Archangel

form is still a work in progress. heck were still trying to figure out what to call this evolving beast. its next on the to do list after tonights meeting. Davey, were meeting at the hampton History Museum at 7 for our annual meeting. Come on up.

I'm looking forward to seeing you folks at the Hampton 400 today (Saturday). I'm sure that will be a topic of discussion, along with the Blackbeard festival, which I also plan to attend. Although I may need to find a crew to come aboard with.

Davey

Edited by Davey Dog Crusher

• 2 weeks later...

Man! That sounds like fun. Only problem for me is that Drake's Raid in St. Augustine is that same weekend. It's closer to me and would cost a lot less to attend.

Aye Moose, I am with you. St Augy much more affordable and less painful of a drive if i have to choose one event for that weekend.... yet playing with Dutch and everyone else is mighty fun too... there just seem not to be enough weekends.....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

FWIW, this is probably going to be the only year we do this as the Blackbeard Festival returns to its normal time slot next year, the same weekend it seems as Drakes raid, which creates the same problem next year...... hmmmmm what to do next year though........

Wish I was better off and didn't have so much hay to cut-n-bale this year, but life's like that on el rancho pequeno. Ihave the sail material for the Luna, the Luna edition DMC, and some other stuff coming your way soon. I am learning to write NCSS lesson plans too. I've almost got it down to an art, not much harder than a jobsite POE. Anyone wanna try and teach the hide trade from a lesson plan if I send some props?

Bo

thanks bo! any offers for the DMC would be great! If anyone needs anything held until they get here, or held over for blackbeard let me know and i'll get you an addy. We have had some great offers for living history. Salty is going to be doing some potting and gunner is doing some joinery. We have a guest presenter, hopefully two, in the works for friday that I really hope works out! I think we may even have a sea scout troop joining us- dressed out and all! I think we all just collectively lost any hope of winning the olympics- i think i'm going to have to put a youth handicap in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy shipmates! The forms are completed and the add is being proofed. We will be ready to start processing paperwork by Easter. So here is how its going to work. If you are interested in attending, send me a PM or E-mail and I'll send the forms to you when I get word to release them. If you are affiliated with a crew, tagging along with a crew, or making one up just for this event, please complete just one form for the group. If you are flying solo, just fill one out for yourself/family. Please Please Please register before the deadline! Showing up the day of will just get you charged $$$$ to attend and no place to camp. Provided you are willing to do a bit of work to earn your keep, learn something and have fun, noone is going to be turned away.

• 3 weeks later...

Let me see what I can do about making this event Dutch. it would be just me, none of my other crew can make it. I'd be more than happy to provide some sword fighting lessons with the practice weapons for the public on Saturday of it helps. Wouldn't be able to make it in until Late Friday or early Sat. morning. Again, I can't promise anything yet but I'll do my best.

Of course you know the ultimate closer for me getting "permission" to come would be if anyone is willing to volunteer some help with watching my 5 yr old Autistic son Ethan. The misses is always a lot quicker to say yes when she knows she'll have the place to herself all weekend. tongue.gif

Oh Dutch....If it was only that simple. Ethan loves events, Stacy not so much. She would prefer to stay home. Loves all of you but has a hard time handling two to three days of us, myself includedwink.gif If someone has a spare tent space for Ethan that would be wonderfull. I can sleep on the ground outside the tent like usuall, or just pass out, as usuall. Just because my back and hip are fake my liver is still real...

It's a four hour trip for me so Ethan should be pretty tired by the time we get there. He'd make a decent powder monkey as long as you don't need him to talk just run around and hand stuff to people. He knows plenty of words, you just can't understand most of them. Kinda like Cooky after 7pm.....