On the way to Hampton

We were thinking about repeating what we did last year which was stopping by Williamsburg (in full kit). We'd love to have any who would like to join in to let us know so that we could meet up and invade the towne in true "sailor" fashion with our wenches in tow. We will be arriving on the Tuesday the second in Williamsburg and we thought a side trip to Jamestown. We met Lily and Edward there by chance last year and had a great time!!! :lol::P:lol:

Edited by callenish gunner

getting jealous !! wanted to go to blackbeard's or at least port washington... but there was way too much to do in a short time...

ENJOY !!

Ditto for Blackbeard's. Seriously jealous. Next year...*sigh*

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Was hoping we could talk you and Constance into it Silas. You'd have a grand time (I have an extra tent so you wouldn't have to rush fixing yours :D ) ...Jim, I think you'd love this event; too bad for this year let's see what next year brings!

I'm not sure if Lily and Edward are coming down early this year or if Grace would like to meet up for part of Wednesday in Williamsburg. We will be there by 10AM at the parking area near the visitor center; Lunch at Chowning's Tavern or a picnic on the green & dinner at Shield's Tavern or the King's Arms ...Leaving the historic area just after sundown.

Callenish, we'll be getting in sometime on Monday. Unfortunately we have plans for Wednesday but might be able to meet up with you guys later in the evening. Do you have our cell numbers?

I have the 585 number you gave me in February :D ....We'll talk!

We arrived in Williamsburg around 5PM Tueaday afternoon. Checked in to the motel(6)($42) and after settling in we went for a swim since it was still in the upper 80's ..... Spent the morning, after breakfast, in the bookshops and found a few nice new books. and then at the shops at the visitor center we found some new toys for wee Hamish (as he wowed them with his period correct flirting) We walked through the town and the shops of Williamsburg and went on a few building tours (Capitol & Palace) and then went to Chowning's Garden Tavern for lunch. As usual even the staff thought we were working there :huh: !!! Did a few more shops after lunch and had our pictures taken with folks(around 40 times);folks just loved to see "himself" in his shift and cap carried in a sling on Salty's hip. A thunderstorm came through so we headed back to our motel ....we're going to take a wee nap(I mean Hamish is going to :huh: ) then off to dinner. Thought we'd pick up a ceramic bird house in the morning and some fabric that Salty liked. We're thinking of playing Nine Pins in the motel tonight B):huh::huh: