Who is on deck for Port Washington Pirate Festival 2009?

Jib

I was hopeful that I could bring my game to the Port Washington Pirate Festival but alas, even after repeated attempts, I got no where. HOWEVER the lads and I still plan to attend and would love to meet many of you. Who will I have the pleasure of drinking with?

I'll be there - and bein' as for the first time since year one I'll have no duties with the festival, you'll have the pleasure of drinkin' with me likely more than you care for. Seriously, I'm like a cockroach infestation.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

At least now we won't be seeing a blurred Bilgemunky race by.

I want to attend but the outlook is mighty grim, mates.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

At least now we won't be seeing a blurred Bilgemunky race by.

I want to attend but the outlook is mighty grim, mates.

~Lady B

Well mate, there be exactly two weeks from today, so maybe things will change? I really hope so, I really want to have the pleasure of meetin' ye after all of our conversations... :huh:

Hello, this is Dean Calin. I am working with Port Washington Festivals on marketing of the Port Washington Pirate Festival. I stepped in very late to the scene this year, I'm afraid. As I am also the founder of Bounding Main I felt it was in my group's best interests to try to put things in order: we've seen the Camelot Medieval Faire close, the Wisconsin Renaissance Faire close, the St. Louis Renaissance Faire and Door County Maritime Museum struggle with funding all in the last year or two. This was the one event in my back yard on which I could have a positive impact.

To be absolutely frank, I also have communication problems with the founder/owner of this festival. I wish it were otherwise but it is what it is; nothing positive will be gained by focusing on the challenges this show faces. Let's all gather together at one of the only events of this size and scope in the Midwest and have a lot of fun.

All of your questions can be answered on the updated Port Washington Pirate Festival. It is very much still alive with a whole roster of entertainers, reenactors, sponsors, shows, merchandise vendors and food vendors. http://www.portpiratefestival.com

I can probably answer most of your other questions. Jib, there are two other game providers: Crimson Blades and Midwest Ax Throwers. If you have not already done so please download, complete and email back to ME a copy of this form: http://www.portpiratefestival.com/pdf/09performerapppdf2.pdf. Send it to portmarketing@deancalin.com. I'll coordinate with Chris Last to make sure there is room for you - make sure you indicate the amount of area you'll need.

Dean Calin

Western Shores Marketing for

Port Washington Festivals, Inc.

portmarketing@deancalin.com

Cell: 262-366-8591

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

http://www.portpiratefestival.com/reenactors.htm If you have a better link than the one on the page please send it to me.

Of course the home page is http://www.portpiratefestival.com.

Okay Dean I'll bite one last time. Check your email brother and let me know what your thinking.
Edited by CapnJake

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

We will actually have a professional videographer chronicaling the event for a promotional spot for 2010. I'm quite excited by this fun thing!

Dean

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

[quote we've seen the Camelot Medieval Faire close, the Wisconsin Renaissance Faire close, the St. Louis Renaissance Faire and Door County Maritime Museum struggle with funding all in the last year or two.

been attending the st. louis renfaire the past couple of weekends... practically a sell out crowd !! both times, we had to park in an upper lot that i didn't even know existed... reason being-- the vast lower lot was jam packed !!

people i talked to said that the crowds were good and the vendors were happy...

i did notice a little more advertising for the event ( maybe i just happened to catch it this time around ) and everyone seemed pleased...

hopefully the same hard work will have some great results for the pirate fest in september !!!

That is EXCELLENT news! We LOVE both of the St. Louis shows and we want them to thrive! Naturally we really think the Pirate Festival is great - they transform the whole renaissance theme nicely into piratical. Yes, perhaps a change of hands has done them some good - fantastic!

Thanks for sharing! I hope we find our way down there again!

we've seen the Camelot Medieval Faire close, the Wisconsin Renaissance Faire close, the St. Louis Renaissance Faire and Door County Maritime Museum struggle with funding all in the last year or two.

been attending the st. louis renfaire the past couple of weekends... practically a sell out crowd !! both times, we had to park in an upper lot that i didn't even know existed... reason being-- the vast lower lot was jam packed !!

people i talked to said that the crowds were good and the vendors were happy...

i did notice a little more advertising for the event ( maybe i just happened to catch it this time around ) and everyone seemed pleased...

hopefully the same hard work will have some great results for the pirate fest in september !!!

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com