ThomasBlackthorne

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

So, yes, this could end up being ridiculous, but you never know unless you try, so I guess I will be the one to try it...

This has nothing to do with authenticity or fantasy, this is about pirates, all kinds from all over the midwest.

Kid, ya got moxie. For that, my hat's off to ya.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

So, yes, this could end up being ridiculous, but you never know unless you try, so I guess I will be the one to try it...

This has nothing to do with authenticity or fantasy, this is about pirates, all kinds from all over the midwest.

Kid, ya got moxie. For that, my hat's off to ya.

Well thank ye kindly.

I just hope that in the future, people do hear about the midwest as being a place where awesome events are held.

As for the rest of ye who keep wanting me reason for the title of pirate lord, I think Hawkyn's signature says it best:

"I do what I do for my own reasons.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends."

As for the rest of ye who keep wanting me reason for the title of pirate lord, I think Hawkyn's signature says it best:

"I do what I do for my own reasons.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends."

Good enough answer for me.. (although I was kind of hoping for a good tale).. Like I said a few posts back, I may not be going to be at Port Washington, but if you ever make it out to any of the other events I listed, look me up.

Michael_banner.jpg

Wait a minute... doesn’t a Pirate Lord need *minions*?? <_<

They’d follow you around, right? Becasue they're.... minions? :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I second blackjohn. Ya' got moxie. Good luck with your venture. (Alas, I will also not be at Port Washington. But since I belong to a crew that doesn't actually exist outside of a long weekend in Key West, my presence would add little anyhow.)

Aye sir! Do tell us the tale of how you came by this "title".

welllll... somebody has to claim it !! so why not him ???

Yeah! Of course, that's not nearly as cool as the title "I Blame Duchess".

"What kind of superhero would call himself 'Lord Smoked Meats and Fishes'?"

"Ah. One who wants to use the element of surprise."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

(Alas, I will also not be at Port Washington. But since I belong to a crew that doesn't actually exist outside of a long weekend in Key West, my presence would add little anyhow.)

not so mission !! since we don't belong to any crew in particular, we will be attending future events as the mercury crew...

now if william would hurry up with that flag :D:D

Oh, good God!

Yes, there are several others out there with either a self-proclaimed title of Pirate Lord or voted a Pirate Lord of the Great Lakes region or the midwest (NOT counting the Jack Sparrow's out there) by their super exclusive pirate group/crew. Not one of those "pirate Lords" recognize the other as a pirate lord, etc. It's very messy and all generally stroked egos of self -proclaimation! Damn! Enough with the Pirate Lord shit! :D It IS annoying!

MerryDeath is right... there are those here in the region who've been pirating longer and deserve the title... but, enough already! The title is over used! Good God!!! Just like Captain is over used. :D

As I've mentioned to Blackthorne.... ONLY way to make anything known is to GET OUT THERE!!!!! Freakin' attend events, get online to forums like this one, chat and connect with pirates all over, read No Quarter Given and Pirates Magazine,.... generally GET INVOLVED!!!! Good God! Tis the ONLY way ANYTHING will happen.

Keep yo'r eyes and ears open! Pass along the bloody info! Tis how I learned about that exhibit in OshKosh, WI back in 2005 which brought some of us together and had fun! T'was how I learned about Port Washington was from NQG... Talderoy I started getting to know via MySpace... Many I got to know on here, some of ye I met face t' face!.... listening to the news I heard about North Liberty, IA doing their RAGBRAI as a pirate theme and got involved there! T'was how I learned about the Whydah exhibit and that went over well... Journalist contacted me via MySpace, but since I couldn't do it, I reached out to all sorts of crews, from authentic to fantasy to do the interview. It went over great!...

It's bloody well getting out there, keepin' eyes open.... and goin' with the flow! Or as a character from a childhood cartoon said (who was a Navigator): "Go ahead and set sail, then keep your eyes wide open".

Plenty of events in the Midwest that are colonial era... not just pirate.. but there is fur trade, F&I, Rev War, 1812, and anything else Colonial related. It's not that others have not tried this or never thought of it at all.... they have... some are successful, some are not.

Trade Fairs like the ones that happen up in Wisconsin every spring for the Colonial era are out there. Same with sutlers. Ye just have to keep your bloody eyes open for these events, keep your eyes on the region and elsewhere in the nation and world.

Some people can make events, some cannot. We promote some but should NEVER bash one unless by super good reason. Those who are going to Blackbeard's.... bloody well fantastic that ye are... but that's clear out on the bloody east coast!... Likewise with Port Wash, it's bloody well in the upper midwest along Lake Michigan! Location be where those who can make it WILL ATTEND! Those who can't make it there, just don't make them feel bad for not attending that damned event!!! We get where we can! We do what we are able to.

Now... let's get our heads out of our arses, stop bein' cocky fools, and wise up a bit more!

~Lady B

(a rather furious Lady & does not care who she pisses off at this point)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

This "Pirate Lord of the Midwest" is starting to nag at me as well. Claiming a title simply because you were first to do so essentially robs it of all meaning. In the case of "Lord," a system of heierchy is implied in that the Lord in question would rule over subjects - in this case, the pirates of the midwest. Being as there is no overriding midwestern pirate authority or cooperative effort empowered to choose its lord on our behalf, and being as there are no pirates (or to be realistic, pirate enthusiasts) in a position to force their lordship upon the rest of us whether we condone it or not, I don't see how there can be any Pirate Lord of the Midwest, no matter who it is.

So call yourself a Lord if you want, but know that it has no more weight than the person mumbling to themselves at the bus-stop refering to themselves as a king. And don't be surprised if you're confronted time and again by other pirates who take issue with you claiming a title that implies they somehow fall within your nonexistent authority. A pirate can take what he wants - titles included. But that doesn't mean he should assume the townfolk, authorities, or even fellow pirates will sit idly by and watch it happen if it conflicts with their own interests.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Right then, so as pirate hunter I suppose that means I should hunt down and execute said lord first thus scattering his minions by spreading disorder amongst them???

Oh and btw, Maddogge, you got the cutest minions ever even if they aren't ripe yet....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Hehehehehe.... :::dangles a large pouch of gold before Sterling::: Pirate Lady offers coinage to Pyrate Hunter t' berid of th' 'pirate lord".... what say ye? :rolleyes:

(Tis all meant in fun and play. No real harm is intended. So ye can all put away yo'r swords and pistols and belayin' pins...)

All in all, I'm curious to know how this "meeting" went? Do tell, mates? Since I wasn't there nore able t' attend th' "meeting".

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I adopted the title of me own free will, there be no pirate lord of the midwest as it were, so, I humbly took the hardship upon me'self. Plus, I've left me mark on several occassions. Trust me, I deserve this.

from what i just heard....perhaps he does..."deserve this"!!?!?!?

...giggle...snort... :lol:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg