French Flibustiers musical band from Montreal!

Ohé de l'équipage!

Hello fellow pirates. My name is Cuisto Mako, I'm part of a pirate band based in Montreal called "Les Murènes". As a cuisto, it is my dutie to make sure that every belly aboard is full. Lucky for them, I know at least 30 ways how to cook old hats and boots. :wub:

I found only recently this very nice forum dedicated to pyracy and though you mind be interested to know our band.

Here is our myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/lesmurenes

Our first CD should be ready later this year.

Please fell free to give us any feedback.

Bon vent et Bon appetit!

Mako

I like your sound! Québècois folk music has its own unique sound that simply isn't found anywhere else. Adding the pirate element to it makes it something that I can't resist. I'll be looking for your CD! Now that Tanglefoot is breaking up, and La Bouittine Souriante has become too avant garde for my tastes, I need to find a new favourite Canadian group.

I like your sound! Québècois folk music has its own unique sound that simply isn't found anywhere else. Adding the pirate element to it makes it something that I can't resist. I'll be looking for your CD! Now that Tanglefoot is breaking up, and La Bouittine Souriante has become too avant garde for my tastes, I need to find a new favourite Canadian group.

Well..we would be delighted to be your new favourite Canadian group. :) Thanks for the compliments we'll keep you posted for the CD release.

And who knows, maybe eventually we'll be able to play at some Pirate event in the US. How would you guys feel about having french corsaire in PiP? :wub:

Aujourd'hui vivant! Demain mort!

Mako

Well done lads! PiP could use you but there is no budget for entertainers for there is a good venue for you and the housing costs would be free travel and food would be at your expense but you could peddle your cd's to try to recoup your costs ...I for one would buy at least 2-3+ (for m'self and as gifts)

Edited by callenish gunner

the more the merrier! :D or Does it mean we need to have a gurdy show-down... :D ?

;)

Can we see yours?

Mako

If you check out Roguespierre on myspace take a look in my photos and there she is. It is a new made Olympic Musical Instruments "Orca" model...had it about 1 1/2 year and still learning....the rest of the family is there too....

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"

the more the merrier! :lol: or Does it mean we need to have a gurdy show-down... :blink: ?

:lol:

Can we see yours?

Mako

If you check out Roguespierre on myspace take a look in my photos and there she is. It is a new made Olympic Musical Instruments "Orca" model...had it about 1 1/2 year and still learning....the rest of the family is there too....

Isn't this the "Chinook" model? either way orca and chinook are very good hurdy-gurdy names for a pirate. Those are very fine instrument indeed. I'm trying to save some money to buy myself a knew gurdy next year or so. One from Neil Brook, a UK luthier and definetely one my favorite gurdy makers.

Happy turning! ;)

Mako

Edited by Cuisto Mako

Happy turning! :lol:

Mako

Which... cn be ENDLESS with a gurdy! :lol:

I have far less a problem tuning my Bodhran :blink: (Excpet on rainy days!)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

duh...yes Chinook...it were the rum...I have the happy circumstance of having Felicia Dale as a friend and has really helped me with this instrument...if you do not know of her check out Pint and Dale.....outstanding music of the sea., and really nice people too!

I am also lucky that Olympic Inst. is right across the sound from me....so there is a great deal of Gurdy goins on around here

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"