You are shipwrecked! Part 2

Jib

You remember little of the night before. A storm, howling winds and rain, the crack of the main mast and then water and darkness.

You wash ashore in the early hours of the dawn. Your body is bruised and battered from the long swim and the collapse of your ship. You are wounded and know that you can only take two more wounds of this severity before you succumb. The beach is covered in debris from the wreck.

You were headed toward Antigua when the storm hit your ship. You believe that you may have been in the Leeward Passage when the storm came up and drove your ship over a corral head. All you have are 3 items you managed to grab before you were washed overboard.

The island you are on looks to be of good size and seems to have both abundant plant and animal life. You drag a few pieces of the ships debris up toward the tree line and build a shelter. You build a good shelter if you brought and axe, tool, or cutlass. You build a crude shelter if not. If you brought a tinder and flint, spyglass with a lens, or a pistol you can make a fire. If not you must do without.

By late in the day you decide that you should explore the island. You need fresh drinking water (unless you took water as one of your 3 items) and you want to see if anyone else survived the storm. You follow the coast and notice an abundance of gray fins that pierce of the surface of the water around the island. Swimming away from island isn’t going to be a choice. You also can imagine the fate of the rest of the crew.

At dust you discover a sea cave that looks like it might provide good shelter. You enter the sea cave and toward the back discover 3 items. One is a silver candlestick holder, the second is a rapier with a ruby pummel, and the last is a sack that appears to be made of some type of reptile skin and decorated with cowrie shells. Suddenly a tidal bore surges into the cave giving you only seconds to flee before the entire complex is flooded. You can grab only one of the items. Which one do you choose?

Alright...My worst case list is what I'll use...

1 Boarding axe

2 Musket or pistol with powder and shot

3 as much fresh water as can be had

So I have a nice shelter, a fire and water.

In the cave, I'll grab the Rapier...

Reason; What will I do with a silver candlestick? And the bag, aye, interesting thing, but I can make a bag or some such with debris from the ship... there would be tattered sails, or I could use my jacket or shirt as a carrying device.

The rapier is a weapon or a cooking spit, or a valuable device to trade for something else, if there was someone to trade something with... or hey, kill 'em with it and take wot I wants! :lol:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

My three items were:

Item #1 Water

Item #2 some way of starting a fire (matches, lighters, and etc..)

Item #3 Over-proof Rum (It will help keep the water drinkable and it's good for sterilizing wounds.)

Right off the bat my three items come in handy: the rum cleans and sterilizes my wounds, I'm able to start a fire, and water for drinking.

I choose the rapier with a ruby pummel

sail_battles_longbeach05_031_405.jpg

BATTLESAIL

One is a silver candlestick holder, the second is a rapier with a ruby pummel, and the last is a sack that appears to be made of some type of reptile skin and decorated with cowrie shells.

The rapier with a ruby, is nice and shinny, and I could use or sell it, maybe later ( and it would be worth more than the silver candlestick).......... I'd take all three.....But if I don't have time to decide.......... So, I'd grab the sack just because it would drive me crazy wondering what was in it if I didn't.....

<So......Johnny.... Show the contestants, what's behind door number three.....>