Drunken Swordfights

Anybody have good stories about these?

We had an awesome party here last night, and my new friend and I decided to have a drunk sword fight.

First battle wound was my right thumb, it felt like someone smacked my thumb with a hammer, which is why I didn't check it first. It just hurt...

So, it's going good and I keep winning, but she got me completely by accident and it was a good hit.

I was standing in front of her, and she turned really fast and was still holding said sword up, and it caught my left eyebrow and split it wide open...and I fell to the ground because it hurt, lol. Anyone catches a blade to the dome, it's gonna hurt! Then I noticed my thumb was gushing blood too.

Looks amazing, lol, but it's healing really well already.

There was lots of blood too. Unfortunately everything was so crazy and hectic no one took any pics...damn...

I can show these though:

edit4.jpg

edit3.jpg

edit2.jpg

edit.jpg

Bro I am worried about you! You could end up missing an eye or crippled playing this game. I have a few stage pieces and one live edge sword and I would never just go after a buddy with these bad boys while drunk.

Life can't be all about regrets my friend.

Bro I am worried about you! You could end up missing an eye or crippled playing this game. I have a few stage pieces and one live edge sword and I would never just go after a buddy with these bad boys while drunk.

Life can't be all about regrets my friend.

Aye, I agree about being worried, I worry myself too sometimes.

However, now I will have a decent real scar. So, I regret nothin'.

It was just simple fun, not really too intense, just a couple small mishaps. :rolleyes:

Obviously the angels watched out for fools and drunks ....this time you wound up with JUST A COUPLE OF SCARS ....but mind you that that sort of luck never holds!!!! When the time comes I'll start the hat to gather the collection to send flowers :rolleyes::P:rolleyes:

I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for any event that you plan to attend

Edited by callenish gunner

Oi Dutch, I think COUSIN ROBBIE has better sense

pffft- at this point i think even wee hamish would have better sense. good picture, by the way. and grace is still jealous that she got bumped off the screen saver for him.

CaptainThomasBlackthorne, I don't think anyone is Pooh-pooing yer fun :rolleyes: ..... But.... well some of us play with real weapons..... and welll.... we don't wanna read in the papers on hear about "two drunken Pyrates kill each other with cutlass" It just makes it more difficult for us when we wanna play with our cutlass and weapons (but not make people think we are going to cut other people up or nothin') ie... "Bad Press"

I think most of us are glad to hear/read... that other than a cool scar (and chick dig scars :rolleyes: (sorry long time running joke)) no one got (really) hurt.....

I'm sure you "know better"....

But.... "I was inna really fun sword fight," is going to make many of us here cringe......

Aye.. The gods know I've done me fair share of things of "questionable intellect"... All I kin say is tae be careful. The closest thing I've ever come to this is with stage weapons, an I were stone cold sober. An ex... I specify EX, got pissed off that I was splitting up with 'er. She grabbed me SCA schlager, an charged me. I grabbed me rapier (both weapons were blunt), and defended me'self. I still wound up with a nasty bit of a scar on me 'ead, an' that's with blunted weapons. I'd hate to 'ave seen wot 'appened if she'd 'ave grabbed the sharp cutlass. :P

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

This may be an odd question but... are you insane?

There is no such thing as a *small* mishap where swords are concerned.

You are of course all grown up... :P and can do any bloody foolish thing that it enters yer mind to do. Sober OR drunk.

However...

Stuff like this gives the rest of us a bad name. :P

I have been sword fighting and working with bladed weaponry for over 30 years and worked my arse off on keeping safety and respect an issue. To have just a single beer before a fight, let alone be drunk and party-giddy and pick up a real weapon is just plan stupid. Sorry mate.... I see it as stupid, fool hardy and very selfish on the part of the fighters.

Look at me! Look at me!

Is being the focus of a momentary frolic at a party really worth an eye? Going to the hospital? HURTING ANOTHER PERSON PERHAPS SERIOUSLY?

Yeah, you got stupid-lucky this time mate. ;)

I may sound harsh and prudish and you may take an issue with what I have to say but I respect my weapons and the weapons of others. I respect my craft as a fighter. I’ve earned it. Fighting while drunk, even for a lark and with the consent of your opponent is just plain asinine.

Before you do anything like this again I hope you'll consider not only your well being but that of those around you. Very often a sword swung in fun and with too much uncontrolled force will snap and shoot out into someone not even involved. I've seen it done...

And I watched a drunken lout cost someone an eye for it.

But then HE was having a good time...

Pray be more guarded in your fighting choices the next time you party.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Wow.

This literally turned into the exact opposite of what I thought it would.

I'm not saying that everyone or anyone for that matter here, is silly and immature enough to do what I've done. I just thought this would have at least been something people just laughed at.

I did not mean to offend anyone, nor did I intend to make anyone look bad, and I sincerely apologize for that.

In the future, not only due to this thread, there will not be anymore shenanigans...

Wow.

This literally turned into the exact opposite of what I thought it would.

I'm not saying that everyone or anyone for that matter here, is silly and immature enough to do what I've done. I just thought this would have at least been something people just laughed at.

I did not mean to offend anyone, nor did I intend to make anyone look bad, and I sincerely apologize for that.

In the future, not only due to this thread, there will not be anymore shenanigans...

Just keep yer self alive fer us boy. :P

Unharmed and unscathed.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I dont know about real drunken fights, but I do know that it takes a ton of skill and practice to do a sword fight while looking drunk.

I have seen many try such a fight at show, but not too many can pull it off.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

I dont know about real drunken fights, but I do know that it takes a ton of skill and practice to do a sword fight while looking drunk.

I have seen many try such a fight at show, but not too many can pull it off.

the secret is...to try an act like a drunk...actin like he AINT drunk...... :blink:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg