Dixon's Gunmakers Fair, NE Pennsylvania

Story

Dixon's Gunmakers Fair

[ Friday July 24th, Saturday July 25th, & Sunday July 26, 2009 ]

For those unfamiliar with this Fair, it's an annual gathering of muzzleloading gunsmiths amateur and professional, as well as the suppliers for that craft.

If you're in the area or passing by on any of the dates above, it's well-worth the visit. For planning purposes, the Fair is roughly 30 minutes west on RT 78 from where it intersects the Pennsylvania Turnpike's Northeast Extension (about 45+ minutes West of Allentown, all told).

http://dixonmuzzleloading.com/index.php?se...n=gunmakersfair

Dances for nickels.

Dang now why can't it be a might bit closer

Not too far from me, maybe 2 hours. It is about ten miles before you get to Cabela's on 78

(Dixon Muzzleloading Shop - Kempton, Pa. 19529) and the price is right, Free, just $2 for parking.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

• 2 months later...

This came to me by way of one of the mail lists I'm on. Thought it prudent to post it here.

Per Chuck Dixon:

Parking will be at a premium due to heavy rains at the site, so be prepared to park at a church lot and take a shuttle in. Or as he said, 'Pay $2 to get in and $15 to get out' (towed by tractor). There should be signs directing participants to alternate lots. We just got hit by a downpour, but it seems that the Allentown area didn't get as much (per Weather Channel radar).

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.