JohnnyTarr

Any Real Sailors

60 posts in this topic

I started sailing on a little 11 foot Snark sailboat at the age of 15 and then moved up to Hobie 16' Catamarans. I've also sailed a 26' foot MacGregor and a 30' Called the Red Baron in the Chesapeake. Nothing better than having a Hobie 16 up on one pontoon with the cables vibrating on a broad reach!

Well I guess that four years in the U.S. Coast Guard will count for something. Qualified coxswain, small boat engineer, and a considerable amount of time on the deck of a bouy tender.

I just bought a 21' sailboat.....I pick her up tonight. I will try to post pics ASAP....

Sailboat.jpg

Edited by wes1761

I sail on Formidable, a 72' brigantine out of Rockport MA. Our season is May through October so far. Hoping to go south this winter! Always dressed in GAoP kit!

Due to my jumping ship and gettin divorced, me ex (in spite) took me racing sailboat in the divorce. Me new mate, gunner Gordon, had acquired a 25 St. Pierre Dory to woo me to the sea, but alas we decided it was not the ship for us. He has his 1000 ton Captain's license, so we're looking for a bigger ship.

I was a Damage Controlman, USN, haze grey and underway.

12 years USN, Electrician's Mate. Now sailing a 23 ft. Hunter, Rum Runner. Under construction, Adventure, 25 ft. topsail sloop.

. Now sailing a 23 ft. Hunter, Rum Runner.

that's a great name, i'm sure she's a beaut.

I seem to grounded on a beach after a broadside of health (Multiple Sclerosis) issues. I was brought up in sail boats & later daily used a heavily powered yard launch (18 footer with a 360 cid Chrysler FWC Marine Conversion) daily.

Sail: Point Jude 15 (Edson Schock design), 12' Club Cat (Edson Schock design), 14' Minx class Cat (also Edson Schock), 2 different Thistle class #762, #9, a Super Sunfish, a 8 foot sailing dink, a Lightning, a 30' Pearson Coaster, a 32' Pearson Wanderer.

Forgot to add, I was a certified NAUI & PADI Scuba instructor & worked light commercial contract jobs, search & recovery & such.