modern watercraft, made to look pirate...

iPirate

somewhere, somehow, such a thing must exist.

If I was to search for a modern watercraft, nothing big, mind you, say about 30' or so, that had a "pirate" look and feel to it... where I would look? I've tried a few searches on google and yahoo and come up with nothing so far.

I know Smoolie671 mentioned in the "Morning Star" thread that he does some custom work of that nature but are there any other resources for us modern buccaneers?

Edited by iPirate

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum

Well mate, just what do you mean by "made to look pirate"?

Seems to me that a black cigarette boat with a duffel full of AK-47s would fit the bill :rolleyes:

Or were you thinking of something more like this: HMS Bounty II?

Yes, I realize she's a bit more ship than you want.

This little girl might be more your size: 10m Miller Fifer Motor Sailer.

Anyway, spend some time and have some fun looking at the other offerings in Yacht World.

P.S.: I would be remiss if I did not include our local Chinese Junk. She's a beautifully appointed little boat. At last year's Portland Pirate Festival I had the honor of helping defend her in the battle cruise against the King's Navy. Besides that, how many boats out there can lay claim to history as a brothel?

Edited by Quartermaster James

somewhere, somehow, such a thing must exist.

If I was to search for a modern watercraft, nothing big, mind you, say about 30' or so, that had a "pirate" look and feel to it... where I would look? I've tried a few searches on google and yahoo and come up with nothing so far.

I know Smoolie671 mentioned in the "Morning Star" thread that he does some custom work of that nature but are there any other resources for us modern buccaneers?

Someone is supposed to have reworked a pontoon boat to look piratical at Buckeye Lake in Ohio.

The Pirates of Paynetown event in Indiana has a couple of aluminum boats that have been reworked. They are painted dark brown with a mast and rigging added.

There has also been a modern (1960s) sailboat that has been reworked. It has a lapstrake hull so the modifications were mainly painting it to look like wood and changed to the rigging. I think that this is a 24' boat.

Mark

P.S.: I would be remiss if I did not include our local Chinese Junk. She's a beautifully appointed little boat. At last year's Portland Pirate Festival I had the honor of helping defend her in the battle cruise against the King's Navy. Besides that, how many boats out there can lay claim to history as a brothel?

I would give so much to sail around on that little boat....

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone familiar with McKenzie Drift Boats developed for river/whitewater fishing in the 1940's? I have a feller close by wants to do some trading for welding. I know they are getting popular with the trout fishermen here on Missouri's fast rivers. It appears to be a solid little craft, but I don't know if would sail without some huge leeboards. Anyone?

Bo

Anyone familiar with McKenzie Drift Boats developed for river/whitewater fishing in the 1940's? I have a feller close by wants to do some trading for welding. I know they are getting popular with the trout fishermen here on Missouri's fast rivers. It appears to be a solid little craft, but I don't know if would sail without some huge leeboards. Anyone?

Bo

These boats are meant to turn on a dime. I doubt that a leeboard would be enough to get one to sail straight.

Mark

• 2 months later...

Life_Cru17a.jpg

I know these boats have no sails, but ye might have a gander at www.duffyboats.com

They are all electric, and beautiful boats, everything from dingies to small yachts.

They have very classic lines to say the least.

piratebannersmall.gif

Pirates... puttin the "NAUGHTY" into NAUTICAL since 1765

Do I win a prize for being born on September 19th?

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/indexB.html actually has some nice boats that could be "re-worked" and if you can fiddle with the search parameters, you will find around 200 boats UNDER $10,000

I also found an actual "pirate ship" on ebay (go figure) and was going to post it here last night, but I hit the spellchecker up there, and POOF, all of my post went to davey jones' locker.... and it was 2 am and I didnt feel like re-doing it all over again.

NOW i go back and the bloody thing has been taken off ebay alltogether, but I will endevour to find it agian... and post it AGAIN..

In the mean time, here is a 1946 Rhodes New Weekender 39 foot Sloop

image.php?image_id=420126

They only want $35,000 or best offer... ebay link

piratebannersmall.gif

1959563_1.jpg?12187197210001959563_2.jpg?1218719721000

Here is a beauty on yachtworld.com

a 1911, 102 foot clipper !

Here's a few more:

97' Pirate Topsail Schooner

1575455_1.jpg?1161068400000

Click the yachtworld link here

Now THIS one might just be what you need:

49' PIRATE SHIP 49 Passenger U.S.C.G Certified/turnkey REDUCED

• Year: 2005
  • Current Price: US$ 195,000
  • Located In Ft. Lauderdale/Stuart, FL
  • Hull Material: Composite
  • Engine/Fuel Type: Single Diesel

1868911_4.jpg?1205352717000

For sale link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More to follow...

piratebannersmall.gif

Own a piece of history, and make history of your own with HMS Bounty.

NO KIDDING mateys... it's a full replica... but with deisel engines for back-up in case the wind wont be at ye back...

www.yachtworld.com

2058864_1.jpg?1240083741000

According to the site, this is the one used in the POTC movies.

How much ye ask?

Well, ye know what THEY says; if ye HAFTA ask...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

58' American Privateer Schooner Steel Replica

Nowe this one HERE is a nice lass... even has a purty thang on the bow with her bits showin !

1955416_1.jpg?1217884909000

www.yachtworld link and a BARRRGAIN at only a half a milllion...

1955416_10.jpg?1217900879000

This STEEL Replica of a 19th Century American Privateer Schooner was custom designed & built for service as a Caribbean charter vessel with a pirate theme. She is ideal for charter service with larger groups in non-US waters and would also be excellent for six-passenger service in US waters. BUCCANEER was launched in 2007 and is virtually a new vessel having recently completed a sea trail & shakedown cruise from California to Mexico, Nicaragua and back to California. She is now located in Northern California's Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta and is fully operational & ready for service. Very stoutly built, she features 3/16th inch steel plate construction, pilot house and aft cockpit helms, RADAR, VHF, video depth finder, GPS/Chart Plotter, icemaker, EPIRB, 4-burner range w/oven,solar charger, water maker, anchor winch, diesel auxiliary generator, 450hp Isota Frahini Diesel main engine, washer/drier, hydraulic steering, full-sized side by side refrigerator/freezer, Electrasan sanitary system, hard bottom Avon inflatable dingy w/ 9hp Johnson Outboard, and MORE. All receipts & warranties reported available. She is fitted with a richly and very comfortably decorated interior below featuring lavish use of varnished wood accents and colorful upholstery as well as being well-lit by both natural & electric lighting (including LED lighting, Buccaneer is well-found with extensive tools, linens, utensils, spares, etc. Aft of her comfortable salon, there is a large aft master stateroom and enclosed head with tub and shower. This is a unique and very desirable vessel that should be a great deal of fun to operate & enjoy as well as being a real attention getter for marketing her charter services; she awaits your inspection.

If yew wants a PIRATE ship ... with ALL the ammenities.... well, yer got yerself a fine one here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2076793_1.jpg?1244134649000

This is your chance to purchase the famous Formosa 51 that was used for the majority of the open water and port sequences in the 1990's film "Captain Ron" at a very affordable price! The "Wanderer" is a cutter rigged ketch that is equally well suited for use as a live aboard, a bluewater cruiser, a charter vessel or a tourist attraction. She features all the amenities of home and a spacious deck area for watching sunsets and hosting parties. Currently berthed in Kemah, TX, she fortunately suffered no damage from Hurricane Ike. With some TLC, she can be returned to the same beautiful condition that she was in during the filming of Captain Ron's and will provide you many years of pleasure, no matter how or where you decide to sail her.

www.yachtworld.com

.... and cheap too ! Only $150K ... lol.. buy TWO !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a 63 foot schooner/pirate ship replica !

1871521_1.jpg?1205869192000

The Buccaneer pirate ship is a magnificent custom built creation that has many unique features to behold and was well thought out in many devious ways! She was commissioned in 2007 and is available for business investors and or buyers.

She is currently set-up for coast-guard certification as a charter vessel for up to 40 passengers to have parties and receptions aboard. She is continuously having upgrades done in order to perfect her condition. New Sails with cannon holes and cannons inside. Just short of qualifying for Coast Guard Certification. Reduced by another $75K.

www.yachtworld

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope I haven't offended the powers that be for postin these "fer sail" items, but I figured if someone be askin, I might as well share what I be findin !

Hope ye all had a laugh if nuthin else!

piratebannersmall.gif

If you are looking to buy anything over 18-20 feet get ready to shell out a lot of doubloons! You cab make plywood dories for a few hundred and make them look like a planked dory. You can also make an 18 foot sailing dory for just a little more. There are books at the Barns and Noble and Borders, and onthe web that tell you how. You do need a little knowledge of bout building and alot of carpentry skills. As soon as I am done with the house, looks like next summer, I am going to start on my sailing dory, square rigged.

BJP_LOGO_BLOG.gif