Ebay commercial: reenactors

Okay, this is too funny because it is so true ...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

That is so funny. And so true. Thanks for sharing it!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hilarious.

I seem to recall there was one New England regiment that began the war wearing RevWar uniforms. I'm not a CW historian in the least, but I do recall seeing it in an Osprey book. I think the explanation had something to do with them being a sort of ceremonial militia regiment who wore Rev uniforms at the start of the war until they were issued "modern" equipment.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

They should have named Phil "Francis." That would have been really funny.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

TEEHEE

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 2 weeks later...

I shan't watch this again becuase the main Union character is carrying an out of period trapdoor rifle.

The segway was spot on though. Most people don't understand that the segway was introduced in May of 1863 by the Union Army. It provided a brief moment of surprise but this moment was lost after discovery that nobody had invented a way to recharge the batteries in the field. The largest failing of the segway and its ultimate demise was during the Battle of Chancellorsville when after maneuvering to a brilliant position the heavy brush rapidly depleted the batteries. Even though that flank of the Union Army was in a position to deliver a killing blow against Stonewall Jackson's troops the segway's being out of power stopped the advanced. When American troops retired screaming "We need more Segways" there was a complete misunderstanding what they were saying as that Union Corps only spoke German. Thinking they were yelling the flank had collapsed the rest of the Union Army retired, there-by losing the battle. From that moment on segways were not used and German troops were seen as unreliable and given the nickname of the Dirty Dutch.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I shan't watch this again becuase the main Union character is carrying an out of period trapdoor rifle.

The segway was spot on though. Most people don't understand that the segway was introduced in May of 1863 by the Union Army. It provided a brief moment of surprise but this moment was lost after discovery that nobody had invented a way to recharge the batteries in the field. The largest failing of the segway and its ultimate demise was during the Battle of Chancellorsville when after maneuvering to a brilliant position the heavy brush rapidly depleted the batteries. Even though that flank of the Union Army was in a position to deliver a killing blow against Stonewall Jackson's troops the segway's being out of power stopped the advanced. When American troops retired screaming "We need more Segways" there was a complete misunderstanding what they were saying as that Union Corps only spoke German. Thinking they were yelling the flank had collapsed the rest of the Union Army retired, there-by losing the battle. From that moment on segways were not used and German troops were seen as unreliable and given the nickname of the Dirty Dutch.

:huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Okay, this is too funny because it is so true ...

ROTBDLMAO!!!

Okay... maybe this should be posted ion *Twill*.... :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif