National Pirate Day

Which is May 9th and not to be confused with TLAPD on Sept. 19th. *Thanks William Red Wake for finding this tidbit*

So what are ya'll planning for this May holiday? Parties? Going to the movies dressed as yourselves- pirates that ye are? Just what will you be doing? And if nothing perhaps it's time we start celebrating in May as well as September.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

When I first joined the Pub back in 2004, the remnants of National Pirate Day were already fading off the internet. Only 1 in about 30 hits from an online search would yield a reference to "National Pirate Day" in May, as it was slowly replaced by the feverish new fad "Talk Like a Pirate Day" in September. TLAPD gets better press.

Over the next few years it utterly disappeared, apart from a reference to a National Pirate Day in England, which is celebrated on April 25th (a holiday I have yet to confirm).

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Well, I say it is time to revive this holiday! Since the 9th is a Saturday, I see no reason not to have a party! Or a nice dinner out dressed our plundered finery...

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Well, I say it is time to revive this holiday! Since the 9th is a Saturday, I see no reason not to have a party! Or a nice dinner out dressed our plundered finery...

That's the spirit. I was beginning to think this one would fade away altogether. I'm having a little get-together of my own.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I do not think we should let this one slide. TLAPD is fun and we can talk like Pirates but it's nice to actually not have to repeatedly tell people that just cause it's TLAPD does not mean we cannot dress up as well. And it's nice to have our own holiday minus the fanfare of TLAPD. So let's get the word out and celebrate in High Fashion! Thank you William for queing us in on this!

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

::sniffles with a grin::: Will, if this be so... this be th' best Bday present ever!

I think May 9th is THE perfect day t' celebrate. After all... May 9th is y Birthday. What best t' celebrate a pirate's birthday on a day that is National Pirate Day!

:::Sniffles and wipes away a tear::: awww, shipmates. Oh, does this warm m' black heart.

Celebrate, says I! And by decree of this Lady... Aye! May 9th be National Pirate Day!

Huzzah!

:::Rolls in barrels of rum, whiskey, beers of all sorts, bottles of various wines and liquers; a feast to be had, plenty of ships firin' cannons all about and likewise with pistol, blunderbusses, muskets, etc... cabana boys for th' ladies, wenches for th' gents; fun had by all enough to make Mardi Gras look tame!::::

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Fantastic!!! LadyBrower always throws the best parties...so you know you will see me there!!! After all her grog is second to none...just ask the people who attended Buccaneers and Privateers in CT :lol: !!! I think that was the icing on the cake at that gathering.

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

Fantastic!!! LadyBrower always throws the best parties...so you know you will see me there!!! After all her grog is second to none...just ask the people who attended Buccaneers and Privateers in CT :D !!! I think that was the icing on the cake at that gathering.

My dear Kian, you are too kind. I fear the secret ingredients shall not arrive in time! We shall have to resort to our back up stock. lol. A celebration of some sort is certainly in order.

And M'Lady, are you yourself rolling IN the barrels of alcohol? If so, pardon my saying so, but what a delicious treat!

If you are merely bringing in the libations, make one of the boys do it. 'tis your birthday! no hard labor should be required!

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

I'll be manning a cannon at el Castillo de San Marcos on the 9th, so if any of ye scurvy pirates want to pay us a visit I'm sure ye'll get a bang out of it. :lol:

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

*Grins* Been spreading the news about at work and one of my co-worers wee ones is about 4 and she asked me if I was a Pirate Princess...(lol) Of course I had to tell her no. My co-workers all think im deranged to celebrate on Pirate Days..I just grin and tell them they have no idea what they are missing!

hhumm the 10th you say..........national pirate day you say...........IM off of wwoorrkk yoouu ssaayy!!......... can anyone say "period accurate tip to the grocery store!" im definitely goona dress up all day lol hhuumm i must tell my piratical frineds!

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

hhumm the 10th you say..........national pirate day you say...........IM off of wwoorrkk yoouu ssaayy!!......... can anyone say "period accurate tip to the grocery store!" im definitely goona dress up all day lol hhuumm i must tell my piratical frineds!

Good call...i believe we (Half Moon Marauders) are planning on taking over some random local restaurant, then maybe a bar?!?! We shall see :P

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

Good call...i believe we (Half Moon Marauders) are planning on taking over some random local restaurant, then maybe a bar?!?! We shall see

There's a great idea! Remember...have fun...have rum!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"