Crystal Head vodka bottle

came across a interesting find while at the wine/liquor store yesterday.

it is Crystal Head Vodka from Canada. The bottle is in the form of a Crystal Skull, very cool, but not cheap, price tag was $49.95, so sadly it had to stay on the shelf, until I can put a few more coins in my treasure chest.

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/li...alHeadVodka.jpg

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/li...rystalSkull.jpg

Edited by Littleneckhalfshell

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Ah yes, I am acquainted with that terrible figure! (teehee) A good friend of mine has one, but we have opted to refill with whiskey or Rum.

I think you can purchase those bottles sans alcohol for like, 20 buck. I can't remember where I saw it though.

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Just some interesting info, Crystal Head Vodka is the brainchild of none other than Dan Akroyd. Yes ladies and gentlemen the ghost buster is making vodka.

No, no, no, you silly Pyrate: the Ghostbuster is making Spirits!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

RONDLMAO

Now 20 lashes for the best worst koke i have read in along time.

salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we picked up a bottle while marching in the parade last Saturday. Yes, a small group of pyrates broke off and raided the liquor store. Go figure! Anyway, it seemed like fyne vodka to us. Mind you we were drinking it warm, straight out of the bottle, after marching a couple of miles. Seemed mighty fyne then! Rumour has it the owner lost the bottle afterwards!

• 2 weeks later...
I think you can purchase those bottles sans alcohol for like, 20 buck. I can't remember where I saw it though.

What I meant . . .

I could empty one myself for less than $75 . . .

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

What I meant . . .

I could empty one myself for less than $75 . . .

Uh...yes you could, but not necessarily with the same panache.

Anyway, rumour has it that emptied bottles are being sold to suckers on eBay.

Cool bottle, but it's said the vodka is terrible.

It's vodka, how good can it be? Vodka is basically watered down Everclear. Some Vodkas are much better than others.

Charcoal filtering can be a big help. But no vodka is worth $50 (lol). In this case you are paying for the cool bottle.

But I'd love to have one to store black rhum in.

Picture37.png

crystalhead10.jpg

Crystal Head Vodka

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Cool bottle, but it's said the vodka is terrible.

It's vodka, how good can it be? Vodka is basically watered down Everclear. Some Vodkas are much better than others.

All distilled alcohol spirits are made from different roots, all turned into beer and then distilled.

Uisge/Whiskey/Whisky/Scotch is made from bread grains, the same as most Western beers

Rum is made from Cane, molasses

Tequila is made from Agave

Moonshine (and the legal corn bourbon version) is made from corn

Cheap grain alcohol is made from white, refined sugar

Brandy is made from fruit

Cognac is made from grapes/wine

Vodka is made potatoes

One of the things that fascinates me about distilled drinks is how the base affects the final product and how the flavors survive the evaporation and condensing of the distilling process.

Vodka is made from a different base than Everclear. One is sugar, one is potato.

Yet, as potato doesn't have much taste/flavor, neither does vodka. So, I could see why they taste alike . . .

Ok.

I was thinking of the classic differentiations . . .

Vodka now is made from grain (usually rye or wheat), potatoes or sugar beet molasses (wording from Wiki, but confirmed elsewhere).

As for Everclear . . .

I was working on an assumption that what someone told me was accurate. Now, I am not as sure. One source lists cereals.

It looks like it is made from grains and is what was once called "firsts" . . .

Practically straight alcohol.

I stand corrected.

Usually, I just drink Scotch or Rum. That is what I know better.

Edited by Tartan Jack

With a few exceptions such as Monopolowa. Modern vodka is no longer made from made from potatoes.

All most all modern vodka is made from grain. You can make vodka from almost anything. Grain, potatoes,

sugar beets etc. It doesn't matter what you use. As long as you keep distilling your product until it is approx.

95.5% pure ethanol. Pure ethanol has no flavour! After you reach 95.5% purity you cut the ethanol with

water until you reach the desired proof. Under US & EU law unflavoured vodka cannot have a distinct smell,

taste ,or character (lol).

Whiskey, rhum, tequila etc. Have distinct flavours because they are not distilled to point where they become

pure alcohol. The difference between a rye whiskey and a rye vodka is how many times you distill it. Whiskey is

actually clear like vodka when it comes out of the still. It does not pick up it's colour until it has been aged in charred

barrels.

If you don't believe me check out Wikipedia they are have a have excellent short summary about vodka :D

Vodka

If you are interested also see:

Neutral Grain Spirits

The reason that rye or wheat is normally used in modern vodka is because potatoes are more expensive.

The Irish make something very similar to vodka called potcheen/poteen/poitin.

In Korea there is a beverage made from rice called soju. And it it tastes like vodka too!

For the record I have made usquebaugh, vodka, brandy, mead brandy, corn licker, and rhum.

Outside of these United States and away from the tender jurisdiction of those BATF Nazis that deny me my ancestral

right to make drinkin' liquor for my personal consumption.

Sic semper tyrannis!

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Thanks.

So, I am not entirely crazy in regards to vodka. It USED to be made primarily from potatoes, just not as much anymore.

Anyways, that skull looks pretty cool.

I wonder where I can get it down here in the Carolinas . . .

Monopolowa is still made from potatoes and is very popular with my friends in North Texas.

I will probably break down and blow the money just for the creepy bottle (ha ha).

It would look so cool filled with a black rhum.

guns_boobies2.jpg

If you are on a budget. You can greatly improve the drinkability

of cheap rum and vodka by using a Gray Kangaroo

DO NOT USE A BRITA WATER FILTER!

Alcohol can dissolve parts of the filter.

gkfilter1.jpg

Edited by CaptainSatan

guns_boobies2.jpg