Black Raven

The Black Raven has arrived at her new home port of St. Augustine, Florida. She comes equipped with a lounge, gift shop and has pirate actors doing on board shows, games for children and adult activities. The lounge bulkheads are decorated with storyboards with tales of real pirates who attacked St. Augustine. She may be a modern tour vessel but she will give you the feel of stepping back in history as she fires her cannon at Castillo de San Marcos and attacking vessels.

Read more about the Black Raven and how you can sail on this wonderful ship.

Black Raven Adventures

See more photos of her arrival in my Black Raven Gallery

br06.jpg

Joe

What is SO AWESOME! Fabulous vessel, Joe. Oh, lucky crew to be working on that! Lucky devils. :)

Hope she's utilized well and well loved.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Looks good Joe, sorry I couldn't make it to the docking.

She was a beautiful site as she pulled into the City Marina.....They left Tarpon Springs on Friday but had some small problem and spent the night in Clearwater Beach....on Saturday they continued the voyage, sailed around Key West but ran into high seas and rough wind in the Gulf Stream...They pulled into Miami and anchored for the night then decided to sail up the ditch (ICW) the rest of the way....she is realyl designed for inland water cruises so will work nicely on Matanzas Bay and Tolomato River....the plan is for 1 to 2 hour cruises up the river with entertainment then a stop up river at one of the local eateries for a while and then return to the City Marina......I am scheduled to do a book signing for the Pirate Tales book on some of the early trips and have been asked to pen another book for youngsters......looks like I will have a busy summer.

BTW I dropped by Tiger Lee's shop yesterday and bought a fine period coat for less than the wife could make it.....he has some great prices.....

Let me know when you are back in St. Augustine.

Profile01.JPG

Edited by King's Pyrate

I really wish Bloody Sam and I could have been there to see her sail into port. I know that had to be a beautiful site. sam and I will be down there sometime this summer. Maybe in August. We plan on booking a sail. And of course, we plan on going in our garb.

Let me know when you are planning to go aboard and if it is sometime between Friday and Sunday perhaps Barbary Bett and I will go with you......she is still swooning over the ship...lol

Let me know when you are back in St. Augustine.

I will probably be there sometime this weekend if all goes as planned. I'll give you a call when I arrive.

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

Ann, if you're going to visit us in Satin Augustine, in addition to the Black Raven, Tiger Lee, the noted photographer of pirates, has a shop in old town Saint Augustine and does an in-garb pub crawl on the second Saturday of the month. They also fire the guns at Castillo de San Marcos on Friday, Saturday and Sunday which is really something to see.

JoePyratA.gif

I didn't get to see the cannons fired when we were there on vacation last Summer. I sure did hear them! We did get to see the ones fired at the Gathering last November. I also got a chance to meet Tiger Lee. He does some really good work. I knew about the pub crawls. I just wasn't sure when they were. I will make sure our pirate friends in St. Augustine know the next time we are coming down that way. It only took one trip to St. Augustine for it to become one of our favorite places!

Saint Augustine is a great place. I was heading for the Keys when I dropped anchor here but decided to ride out hurricane season in Saint Augustine. Went to cannon school at the Castillo and will meet up with the local pirate group and Joe when I get back this weekend. Lots to do. :rolleyes:

JoePyratA.gif