Another Great Creation By Becky Cristler

I just got the photos of my new bodice and shirt made by Becky Cristler. I liked 'em so much, I had to come show 'em off! These will be paired with black boots and black breeches. I told Becky I was getting cold out on the ship wearing a dress, so she made the bodice out of suede and lined it with a heavy cloth for warmth. There are also upper arm guantlets in matching black that are not shown in this photo.

For anyone interested, Becky does beautiful, high quality work, custom tailored to your measurements at an excellent price. Her email is

sunset_red7@yahoo.com

Please tell her Claire of Tales of the Seven Seas sent you!

My shirt and bodice combo was $50, but the red cloth of the shirt was hard to find at this time of year and was more expensive than she had anticipated ($19.98 for two yards) so if you ordered one the price would be a bit different depending upon the material. I'll post a photo in this and the fancy brocade dress that I posted earlier when they arrive.

Arrrrrrrrrrr!! I be a stylin' wench now!!

BodiceAndShirt.jpg

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

My shirt and bodice combo was $50, but the red cloth of the shirt was hard to find at this time of year and was more expensive than she had anticipated ($19.98 for two yards) so if you ordered one the price would be a bit different depending upon the material.

NOT a bad price at all! I think I'll be lookin' her up, once I feel a bit more flush.

I need wenchy garb to complement my boy-clothes. Ye know...just to shock everyone who knows me. :blink:

Thanks fer sharin' the pic! When will the outfit arrive at yer door?

Arrrrrrrrrrr!! I be a stylin' wench now!!

Indeed ye do! Lovely!

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

I trust I won't be overstepping the bounds of propriety when I say "HUBBA HUBBA"

Bill :o

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

You look beautiful. Becky did a wonderful job and at a great price. Wish I could figure out what me measurements were so I could order me some fine frocks. Thanks for the website info.

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Quill, as always a classy and beautiful pirate. me heart goes out to Saber the lucky scallywag.

Endkaos. I can help you find your measurements. :lol:

:ph34r:

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Quill, I love the ones in blue or green. I can't wait to see more of her dresses..

Are the chemises and dresses sewn together? or seperate, and what kind of boning does she use?

If you could let me know I would appreciate it.

*looks over her shoulder at Scupper, makes sure he uses the ten foot pole.. wink!*

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Great outfits! :huh:

Becky is amazing. Her outfits are made to last through numerous wearings and washings. They'll look and wear great for many years.

Nice job on her website site. B)

The Gates of Hell are flung open.....

from the firey mist steps forth....The Legend....

The woman everyone warned you about....

They didn't exaggerate!

~~SAVE THE ROYALISTE~~

Merrydeath, the chemise is a separate undergown, which make it nice because you can wash it frequently and change colors of the chemise to get a whole new look. With my black skirt/bodice I have a white chemise for when I need to be historically accurate, a red chemise for most of my piratical activities and Lucky Penny donated a green chemise to our loaner gear that I'll be using in the St Patrick's Day Parade.

I'll see if she's got other photos around and will ask about what type of boning she uses. I know it's metal, but I'll find out more. It's pretty stiff, but not so much so that you can't sit down. LOL after a long car ride, I usually have to bend mine straight again! I'll also ask if she can do them with heavier-grade boning and report back!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

This may help. you would just need waiste to floor.Chart

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Endkaos. I can help you find your measurements. :D

:D

Scupper

Scupper,

How sweet of you to offer. You bad boy, you. :( Alas, you do not live near me so I will have to do it myself.

:D

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Ah me dear Endkaos. I travel for the benefit of freinds. So if you ever mneed your bodice adjusted. call on me. Or dark Rose. he be the expert.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."