Scariest Pirate Movies?

PirateKing

I'll kick it off with one of my Faves:

The Island (1980)

Written by Peter Benchley (author of 'Jaws') Michael Cain stars Blair Maynard, an inquisitive British reporter who sets out to investigate a series of mysterious ocean disappearances in the Caribbean. While flying over the questionable area with his young son in tow, Maynard's airplane crashes and the two are subsequently stranded on an isolated island, uncharted by the modern world.

In time they are captured by descendants of a band of seventeenth-century pirates who, from their base on a remote island, raid and destroy any boat that enters their "territorial waters." After enduring torture, Caine and his young boy attempt to destroy the anachronistic buccaneers and escape their island purgatory.

Sadly, the pirates lose in this one :-)

What's your favorite 'scariest' Pirate film?

http://www.ThePirateKing.com

Over 180 online biographies of Pirates, Privateers, Explorers, & Buccaneers, along with loads of historical information on Sailing, Shipwrecks & Nautical Archaeology

Hmmmm.... I've never been *scared* by Pirates.

*Curse of Pirate Death* I guess but only becasue it scared me that it was so insultingly bad. :( it just kind of stunk up the place.....

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

There is no scarier movie than "Pirates of Treasure Island" starring Lance Henrikson as Long John Silver. The Admiral Benbow Inn was filmed in somebody's garage--- You know, I don't have the time to write all that's laughably wrong with this movie. It's incredible that it was even conceived, let alone actually filmed. The wardrobe is amazingly bad, the script, the giant bugs (yes, giant bugs), the wigs, the sets, and what's really scary, is that I haven't worked on a movie in so long, I'd work on the sequel right now if they called me.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

As Iron Bess said, pirates don't really scare me. Ghost pirates tho can be a bit creepy. The Fog deals with ghost pirates traveling in the fog and killing people. That's slightly creepy. As a kid the ghost pirates on the Garfield Halloween special creeped me out a bit.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

As Iron Bess said, pirates don't really scare me. Ghost pirates tho can be a bit creepy. The Fog deals with ghost pirates traveling in the fog and killing people. That's slightly creepy. As a kid the ghost pirates on the Garfield Halloween special creeped me out a bit.

Would that be the remake or the original?

id.jpg

I love the Fog it's my favorite movie to watch on Halloween.

sail_battles_longbeach05_031_405.jpg

BATTLESAIL

I always loved that song that Garfield sang in the Halloween special, when they were out on the boat, but it was usually cut out of the show in the following years that it re-ran. Tried finding the lyrics for it but never did.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

I always loved that song that Garfield sang in the Halloween special, when they were out on the boat, but it was usually cut out of the show in the following years that it re-ran. Tried finding the lyrics for it but never did.

"Fifty men all lost at sea,

all of them drunk except for me,

it was I alone to brave the storm,

with nothing on deck to keep me warm,

(This part is conjectural)

Yo ho ho ho, over the (something) waves we go

Yo ho ho ho something something something"

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

There are a whole bunch of verses but I believe the chorus was....

Yo ho Yo ho over the bounding Seas we go (or it may be waves instead of 'Seas')

Yo ho Yo ho where ever the four winds blow.

Edited by Littleneckhalfshell

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

The original Fog, but of course! ;)

Great, now I have the Garfield song stuck in me head, lol! ;) I had found a dvd of all 3 of the holiday specials of Garfield some time ago. Such a great find! I actually thought they had only made a Halloween and Christmas one, didn't know they did a Thanksgiving one too.

Edited by Christine
christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...