Deadliest Warrior

Aye Mates,

Me sources say there be a new show on Spike TV where they pit different warriors from different genres against each other. The show premiered April 8th and there be an episode on April 28th about pirate vs. knight. There be little doubt in me mind that the pirate wins for the pirate has the biggest gun and I know that gun well. <_<

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they are comparing Viking to Samurai tonight... their Apache versus Gladiator left a lot to be desired.. especially when the Gladiator finally had the advantage and then got up and walked away allowing the Apache to kill him...

Pirate versus knight? After watching the first episode, I would almost bet the knight wins...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Interesting...

Must be their answer to this show on the History Channel....

http://www.history.com/content/warriors

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

The show sounds a little silly, to get a fair fight you would have to strip both sides of their best weapons. the Pirate would have to give up his ship, crew, cannons, firearms, and explosives; the knight would have to give up his horse, armor, shield, and a multitude of hand weapons.

Come on History Channel give the people what they really want Kittens VS Tanks.

sail_battles_longbeach05_031_405.jpg

BATTLESAIL

Thank you for letting us know you have a link with this episode. I look forward to seeing it. Does anybody we know get any screen time?

Fair winds,

-Greydog

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

[if they have any sense they will remember why Knights became obsolete. Gun powder! YAaaaaar!

The last "real" (as in knighted by the king) knight I worked with was in Bosnia and he was commanding a Leopard Tank. I'll give the edge to the knight in that case.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

[if they have any sense they will remember why Knights became obsolete. Gun powder! YAaaaaar!

The last "real" (as in knighted by the king) knight I worked with was in Bosnia and he was commanding a Leopard Tank. I'll give the edge to the knight in that case.

My moneys on Sir Elton John. ;)

I am not sure Sir Elton's will to resist is as high as that found in other knights. ;)

I am not sure Sir Elton's will to resist is as high as that found in other knights. ;)

I would imagine his best defense is to confuse the enemy with his crazy sunglasses. Then drop a piano on them.

On the other hand, I do believe Sir Elton is very concerned about piracy of his work, ergo, a knight vs. a pirate is more correct than one would first imagaine. ;)

Now there's a concept for you. The pirate, a kid at his computer downloading music when he is attacked by the forces of the Knight, a battery of lawyers...

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

;) Why do I suddenly have a visual of the Black Night fight scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

"Come on, it's only a flesh wound!"

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Thank you for letting us know you have a link with this episode. I look forward to seeing it. Does anybody we know get any screen time?

Fair winds,

-Greydog

Not that I've heard...

I was almost contracted with the producers of the History Channel show, but they got all wishy-washy, said they wanted one thing, so I did the dance, then, no they wanted a different thing, I did the dance... then... No more returns on phone calls or emails... fancy that...

I fear they got a Hollywood type pirate to do the bit....

No offense for the hollywood type pirates out there... but they wanted historical...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

The Pyrates vs. Ninjas is one of those things that are kinda fun.....

but they were so far away from each other (and reality) , that it's mostly 13 year old boys that argue that (well and some of us wot ain't never grown up...)

I have never been a Warrior... I was a soldier, And at the time, it was my duty to give my life to my Country (well to avoid that as mush as possible.. the line from the movie Patton... "Make the other poor SOB die for his Country (well something like that...))

So it's a silly concept..... a Pyrate is/was using the best weapons available..... they weren't particularly "skilled" at the weapons.... but they worked....(intimidation being the best one...)

So a 14th Century Knight.... heavy armored... shock troops (well mostly Nobility... but they trained for a long time...)vs. a pyrate with a gun.... well the Pyrate has one shot (Ok... maybe two or three), and if that don't work.... he's kinda fu*** oops... well in trouble.....cutlass (designed for something else) vs. Braodsword (designed to chop people into little chunks) and alla that armor.... oops ....

(well then the Pyrate would (or should if he wants to live) do the right thing....run...)

But taking a horse onto a ship.....well the advantages change....

and that broadsword doesn't work so well in the cramped passages below deck....

OK... The Knight was fighting in his most favorable environment... and so was the Pyrate.....

To mix and match the environment .... dang.... way too lane.....

The Knights...Ninjas... trained their entire lives on how to fight (within their weapons and setting) Pyrates (and soldiers) had to figgure it all out.... but they figgured out how to make it work kinda quick, or they died.....

I'm liking the show. The "acting" is a bit off, but the premise seems sound. Get as many metrics as you can from the weapons and assume a base level of skill that can be changed based on various other factors. Run the simulation enough times to come up with an average. Last nights - Samural vs Viking was kinda cool and the outcome was kinda expected. Samurai had 522 wins ove the Vikings 488 wins. Thats a 2 percent difference. Easily explainable for other factors that could not captured. With that small of difference, the outcome could change with a different run of the computer. So, the show last night, for me, was mostly about the different weapons than the outcome. The ones that should be interesting are going to be the ones that are very different, like the one with the pirate. The fight sequence they show is interesting, but it's just there to give the audience something to watch.

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, not sure if this belong here or not, but, on the TV show "Deadliest Warrior" they use various historical information and pit various warriors against each other. The one to be shown this coming Tuesday night at 10pm... ET... is

Pirate vs Knight.

They highlight and discuss various tactics, style of fighting and equipment used by each then they will be challenged a number of times till after approximately 1000 battles (according to the system used when they did Samuari vs Viking Warrior) the winner of the majority battles is declared winner of contest. (BTW Samuari won 522 ...Viking 478 - Samuari declared Deadliest Warrior in match-up)

Anyway, as stated this Tuesday Pirate Vs Knight.

Be interesting to see your discussion and then watch the Historians.

So, What say you? Who will be declared winner in this match-up, the Deadliest Warrior...Ey?

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

It's all in thwe hands of the editor and on the cutting room floor. There was enough good stuff to show, and they certainly spent enough money on it. Oh yeah, they had some of the best people tou could get too....

the further away from Scotland ye roam, the more Scottish ye become