Port Royal Call for New Players

Ransom

The Port Royal story ran for over two years, with a lot of great writing. However, many of the original players have, for various reasons, dropped out of the story, and it has been stagnant for many many months. I would like to kick-start it back to life. To do that, it needs new players to create new adventures.

If any of you have ever wanted to hop into one of the on-going stories running on the Pub, now is your chance. PR is basically a land-based story(although ships came in and out regularly), and we've had people playing everything from smugglers, murderers, tavern keeps, actresses, pirates, pirate hunters, eccentric professors, and wealthy sugar plantation owners, and more. So you see, you can come into the story as pretty much any type of period character you want.

If you want to read some of the back story before coming in, that's fine, but it's not a requirement.

This is PR before the big quake, so it is a thriving city filled with many interesting people from all over the world.

Come join in the fun..... :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Wouldn't it just be easier to start a new story in Port Royal? After all if newbies join and try to write off of some of the old characters they may run into a wall, if the old characters aren't continuing... they certainly cannot write for the old characters without special permission.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Wouldn't it just be easier to start a new story in Port Royal? After all if newbies join and try to write off of some of the old characters they may run into a wall, if the old characters aren't continuing... they certainly cannot write for the old characters without special permission.

Not that I have any standing with this but as a noob I agree with Cpt. Sterling. I took a look at the other thread and it's too long to give the proper respects of reading most of the posts in order to get in the mood.

That's fine with me. I don't care how we re-start it, I just want to get it going again. I will probably use many of my old characters, but I also may bring in new ones.

I'll start a new thread.....Port Royal, Chapter Two........A new beginning.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

sounds good...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Me brudah sent m' ah note that Port Royal may open 'gain.

Tha 'ooligans are 'n. Wot say you bruddah?

Titim gan éirí ort.

There are many forms of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the boundaries into true corruption, into our domain.

Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. James 5:1-3

Me brudah sent m' ah note that Port Royal may open 'gain.

Tha 'ooligans are 'n. Wot say you bruddah?

Who ye callin' an 'ooligan!?

Right you are, right you are.

I sez we're back......

Pass a pint r' three an same wit a fine lass r' three from th' brothel......

Titim gan éirí ort.

Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

I'm interested. Still not sure how the Lady will swing back to Port Royal. Easy to bring her to Port Royal via a ship... but to go from there... I guess we shall see. And why she is there is the tough question. Still debating this.

As to starting over... ehh, I think this is like a Soap Opera... it's just continuous and on going... new characters enter some die off or disappear or leave... sometimes they come back...

I say just keep it going... just... intro new characters in with the current characters and the current storyline.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Oh, I don't know. Ronin and the twins might get along famously. ;)

Oh, and Lady B, I went ahead and started a new thread for PR. It just seemed easier to make a fresh start, as so many of the old characters would probably not be coming back. We can refer to them, but as stated in the new intro, we just can't play them. I bumped the story up by six months. Anything that was going on before could be resolved within that amount of time, clearing the way for new adventures.

Now, those that have signed on for the new PR............GET TO POSTING! ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I saw, Ransom. :) Awesome.

I be one oldie returning. Was in the story at the very beginning when it was started by Hurricane. Then I had the Lady leave via her ship. So... she'll be returning. I think the last time she was there, all hell broke loose and someone important died.

Shall post soon enough. I'll get a wee bio up of her and the Crew of the Resurrection as well.

People are more than welcome to come to Port Royal aboard the Resurrection if they wish. Do let me know though. I'll be posting soon.

~Lady B

Wonderful! The more the merrier. B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

How wonderous strange!!!! To those new and old which wish to take on this venture, I wish you "Bon Chance!" Perhaps I might find time away from my pursuit of Jurisprudence to stir the waters a bit this summer. College is such a cruel and wanting mistress to court.

To those new to the ways of Port Royal, all I can say is ..."Come on in. The water is fine....."

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Bastian! Miss thee. :)

Shall indeed look forward to fun alongside with ye, Red Bess and many others. :lol:

~Lady B

Unfortunately I shall not have the time to write here. I had my first day back at work so my time has vanished to play other than the WatchDog. Forgive me....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

sorry just burying some spam until folks can clean it up

Crewe of the Archangel

Still recruiting! The more players, the more fun.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

sorry just burying some spam until folks can clean it up.

Spam?! I guess burying it is better than eating it...I don't care for it meself!

;)

;) (chuckle)

GOOD ONE! ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Bump

Still room for more players, if you're interested. :blink:

Also, there is also a LOT of room for players in Terra Incognita. You don't have to include pictures with your posts if you don't have time. At this point, we'd rather have players than pictures.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg