Gypsy skirt thingy

Start a thread about snotty dancers, end up the sole distributor of the first Official Pyrate License. I love this place!

Edited by Cannibal Chrispy

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

So would ninjas trying to get into pirate events have fake pirate ids? :angry:

Not with one of my security IDs. The fakes would be spotted and the ninja shot on site.

Offers rum to make the idea grow faster

Cannibal already pushed me.. seriously, I'm online right now looking at printers and services lol. I'm also really into small home businesses so it may work to my advantage. lol

Well...what we need to do is establish what exactly would be on these I.Ds.

The basics are there....Name, Residence, date of birth (real or fictious)...A photo of your pyratical self.

I think a list of your 'trade' would be on the card as well..."Sea Wrangler" or something along those lines.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Well...what we need to do is establish what exactly would be on these I.Ds.

The basics are there....Name, Residence, date of birth (real or fictious)...A photo of your pyratical self.

I think a list of your 'trade' would be on the card as well..."Sea Wrangler" or something along those lines.

Exactly what I was thinking. For the address it could be whatever anyone wants or a default of "1 Secret Cove Island, Unknown 00000". lol

I'm not even talking about a crap piece of printed paper laminated. Nay, I'm talking just like a drivers license, plastic back with dual sided printing with the pyrate rules on the back lol.

Full color with a neat background and even a YAAAAR watermarking or something haha.

I'm running with this idea and just shopping around. Sure.. it's a completely random idea but hey.. that's business.

edit:

the best part is this whole discussion is under the radar as most people don't care what I would think about "Gypsy skirt thingy" and have already passed over. mwuhahaha only you special pyrates know whats going on here.

edit2:

EnduroHolokoteOptions.jpg

The holo designs aren't all that spiffy looking but it would still make it look more quality for the purchase.

As the great Bilgemunky once told me. "It's not piratey of you to buy one... it's just piratey of me to try and sell you one."

I think I already have the tag line lol.

Edited by Thequartermaster

I like the last hologram image..sort of Global..*Grins* and indeed..definitely need address..perhaps something in Longitude and Latitude?

Ahhh another good idea. Ya, I would be torn between the globe and the water waves. Both seem pirate appropriate and from what I see, the machine is rather simple to switch.

I dunno how safe your thread is but it has gotten a little fewer hits than "is it kinky" and thats been there about a week. perhaps a nice moderator will bury your treasure thread for you ! LOL!

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

Be care of the Wave thing....it's the Corporate Logo To Mercury Marine Power Motors...as long as the graphic is "public" ...it won't be a problem....

I'm pretty sure it's a public symbol. It seems to come from the makes of HoloKate which is a company that offers the marking to all ID printer companies.

I'm finding some pretty good deals, I must say. Right now it looks like I can have full color plastic IDs and mark them at about 10-15 dollars a piece to the public.

I just don't want to jump the gun. I really want a quality piece to sell before I start offering. I'll check out some royalty free pictures for a background and figure out a few other things. Yaaaar

I dunno how safe your thread is but it has gotten a little fewer hits than "is it kinky" and thats been there about a week. perhaps a nice moderator will bury your treasure thread for you ! LOL!

DELETE DELETE! No it's probably just the 5 of us constantly checking the updates hehe. Besides, whats more kinky then a gypsy skirt thingy?

lol... I'd even go so far to make Pyracy.com member logo (with permission from pub owners first of course) or at least an option for something else fun.

Edited by Thequartermaster

I have a question for the ladies that wear these gypsy "skirts" thingies with the dangling coins on them. Now those things have to catch just about every piece of cloth that gets near them so I'm asking if you all understand this.

This weekend at the con I was in the main bar during a pirates charles set. Many pirates were packed into the place and dancing was plentiful, mostly by ladies wearing this gypsy attire. I squeeze by one lady and my vest got caught on a coin and pulled the lady back toward me as we walked in opposite directions. She shot me the dirtiest, meanest look I have seen in a long time and had this disgusted look on her face. When I tried to explain quickly over loud music that I was caught on her skirt and not trying to be a dirty pirate the..... (starts with a B ) spun around like I was just the scum of the earth.

Now I know this has to happen all the time, but do all you ladies immediately think there's some nasty guy just trying to pull you close for snuggle times or something? I felt kinda bad about it but what was a drunk pirate to do?

A lot of the mass produced coin scarves now have crappy sharp edges.The stitching of coins is usually crappy half snag and other half fall off after 1 wearing. I don't wear coin scarves normally I like the stealth factor of beaded ones.

But hey you bumped into her it was an accident. Her issue if she got pissed.Be glad something else didn't caught that would really hurt!

It happened to me (but not by a pirate at a Ren fair a few years back)I laughed about it and have a story to tell everyone. like now.

ERIS

Welcome to my nightmare....

I have embraced my inner magpie. OOH SHINY!!