Pyrate trading Cards

Did we ever decide SASE or couple of bucks thrown in?

Well that depends... I am firmly intending on paying for the postage on this round... But I get the feeling there are some mutinous feelings about this practice ;) .... So I am guessing it is a case of respect my wishes and send nothing, or make your own judgement call on whether you are going to send me a SASE or $2. ;)

I think the SASE or $2 is a discussion that may be ongoing, for the next round. ;)

Michael_banner.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the SASE or $2 is a discussion that may be ongoing, for the next round. ;)

Damn the piratical democracy!!

smiley_emoticons_pirate_biggrin.gif

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• 2 weeks later...

My cards went out to Michael today. :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

My cards went out to Michael today. :D

overachiever! ;)

LOL Actually, it's to get them out of the way, so I can finish an airship project, and start making two weskets, all due for Nor Cal in June. And yes, I am the worlds worst procrastinator when it comes to sewing garb. :wub:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Been somewhat following this. LOVE the idea of the trading cards. :)

Please, by all means, everyone, if you can... scan them in and show them on here. :) Would LOVE to see them.

Granted I'm not part of this, but I sort of make my own trading card the size of a business card. So.. here it is:

LadyBtradingcard.jpg

On cardstock fake parchment, the image of me is from a photo that I've blackened out so to speak, tweeking it... then blackening the edges by burning them. :) Tis always fun... people love the look.

Again, I want to see yo'r trading cards. :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Again, I want to see yo'r trading cards. :)

~Lady B

I have been working up some trading cards for our Ancient City Privateers members to hand out......here are a couple.

Barbary_Bett_4_24_250.jpg

william_mayhem_4_09_250.jpg

Joe_OSteen_4_25_250.jpg

They take some time to do but I enjoy it and the members are very happy with their cards.

Joe

Edited by King's Pyrate

Lady B and King's Pyrate, your cards look great! Maybe you should sign on for the next PTC round, if we do one.

As for pictures of the cards, there is a PTC picture thread where some of us posted pictures of the cards from the first round. That will give you an idea of what kinds of cards we do.

We probably won't post pics of this rounds cards until they are all in to Michael, and then mailed out. :(

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Yeah... saw that thread. Those were awesome. :) Quite the diversity of art in little trading cards.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I really like the vintage look of yours, Lady B. I think I might try and cook up something for myself, using an a photo of me in garb. Maybe we can start a whole trend of exchanging cards at events. Wouldn't that be kewl! :(

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I really like the vintage look of yours, Lady B. I think I might try and cook up something for myself, using an a photo of me in garb. Maybe we can start a whole trend of exchanging cards at events. Wouldn't that be kewl! :(

I started using mine at books signings for folks to go see my web site and buy books if they like....but the group cards are handed out to event coordinators and fans collect them.....seems to work out great.

Joe

Hey, Michael, just wondering if you have received my cards yet? It's been a week since I mailed them. :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hey, Michael, just wondering if you have received my cards yet? It's been a week since I mailed them. :rolleyes:

As of yesterday I had not received them.... And now I am getting suspicious, as this seems to be the second small parcel someone has sent me that has not arrived and supposedly lost in transit.

I may have to make a trip to the local post office to see WTF is up?

Michael_banner.jpg

Oh, buggar.

Well, let me know, and if they are goners, I'll make another set. I did scan the cards, so could print them out, but that doesn't give the same effect of the originals.

Dang postal service! :unsure:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

They take some time to do but I enjoy it and the members are very happy with their cards.

Joe

Hey!!

Wait a sec... you mean I could pay to get cards made from that awesome selection you sent me?

To pass out here at Disney????? :D

How? How??

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Sent my cards out Friday. I forgot that I'd be out of town until May 14, so I had to hurry and get them finished. :rolleyes: I included a SASE, but I'm not sure the post mistress understood what I wanted with the postage. Let me know if it's not enough to cover the return cards and I'll make up the difference. :rolleyes:

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

Sent my cards out Friday. I forgot that I'd be out of town until May 14, so I had to hurry and get them finished. :P I included a SASE, but I'm not sure the post mistress understood what I wanted with the postage. Let me know if it's not enough to cover the return cards and I'll make up the difference. :D

And they arrived safe and sound today!

Still no sign of Ransom's.... :lol: stupid postal service!

Michael_banner.jpg

Drat. Looks like I'm going to have to make another set.

Dang Postal pyrates. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hey Kids-

Michael and I were discussing possibly pushing the deadline back another week to allow Ransom to make her new cards and get them here. And honestly, we have been so busy prepping for Santa Maria weekend, that we haven't really had a chance to think about them! So how about we say the 22nd of May....and I will make sure they get out promptly after that!

Kate

Banner.jpg

Works for me. Thanks, Kate. :P

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hey Kids-

Michael and I were discussing possibly pushing the deadline back another week to allow Ransom to make her new cards and get them here. And honestly, we have been so busy prepping for Santa Maria weekend, that we haven't really had a chance to think about them! So how about we say the 22nd of May....and I will make sure they get out promptly after that!

Kate

That would help me too. I'm all for it.