Pyrate trading Cards

Okay, I thought I would start a new thread for the second round of trading cards.

I will add the list of participants top the bottom of this post as they join.

Guidelines (because we don't like rules) :lol:

1. We will be aiming for 10 participants (including the cat herder, me and wife as a team).

2. Each participant will create ten cards of about 2 1/2" X 3 1/2". Traditionally the cards are all the same, but we're pyrates and don't follow the rules or traditions, so chaos is more than perfectly acceptable (and almost preferable). So 10 cards all the same or a variety of 10 cards is cool, don't hesitate to do what works best for you. Please remember to place your mark or some sort of indicator that you made the card so it is easy to sort them and divy them up.... I will be cracking my whip hardest over my own back on this account. :P

3. All cards should be in the mail to me by May 15th (PM me for our address when you are ready to send). This should give everyone plenty of time (about six weeks) to make their cards and get them sent.

4. When I have received all the cards, I will divide the cards up so each participant will receive one card from each other participant (and one of their own). I should have all of the participants mailing addresses on the envelopes I receive with the cards, but I may PM you to confirm or if I find it difficult to read.

5. I will try to have all of the cards mailed out to the participants so as everyone should have received them by the end of May (give or take). I will be covering the postage on my end for this round.

List of Participants

1. Michael Bagley (Cat herder for this round)

2. Ransom (Rançonner)

3. J8ksdad

4. Sjöröveren

5. Pew

6. PyrateLeather (Clay)

7. Patrick Hand

8. Canibal Chrispy

9. Brig

10. Kate Souris

Michael_banner.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mais Oui, Rançonner is in! LOL (See, I figured it out. On my Mac you just hit Option and "c" at the same time, Easy peasy.)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Would it be reasonable to say.... Leave the number 10 spot open until this Friday (April 10) and if no one has claimed it by then, wife and I will go in separately?

But for the really eager, don't hesitate to start now and get a head start. :rolleyes:

Michael_banner.jpg

I was thinking.... (yeah, I know.....)

The last round, it cost Ransom $1.51 to send the cards to me.... 10 Pyrates.... so that was about $15 to $20 to mail alla them out to everyone.....Now that isn't that much, and it was really cool of Ransom to do it, but what if we all enclosed $2.00 to cover the mailing?

Two bucks ain't that much to play, but why should the rounds "cat wrangler" have to pay that.... ?

The main reason I didn't ask for money in the first round, is that I didn't want to turn potential players off, since ATCs hadn't been done on the Pub before. Also, since I included the little goody bags, I wasn't sure how much it would cost to mail out each packet. I think when all was said and done, it cost me about $25 for the mailing, not counting the mailing envelopes, which I already had. So a small fee of $2 should cover most of that expense, and I know that it's normal to ask for a small fee to cover mailing costs in most other ATC rounds.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

The main reason I didn't ask for money in the first round, is that I didn't want to turn potential players off, since ATCs hadn't been done on the Pub before. Also, since I included the little goody bags, I wasn't sure how much it would cost to mail out each packet. I think when all was said and done, it cost me about $25 for the mailing, not counting the mailing envelopes, which I already had. So a small fee of $2 should cover most of that expense, and I know that it's normal to ask for a small fee to cover mailing costs in most other ATC rounds.

Perhaps a self addressed and pre-stamped/pre-paid envelope would be less intimidating than sending money? I think the post office have a standard shipping rate for media (CD) sized envelopes, sending a prepaid media envelope would definitelt cover it.... Well as long as no one makes any cards that are exceptionally thick or oversized.

And my offer to cover this round out of the generousity of my black heart still stands. I made the above suggestion more for future consideration.

Michael_banner.jpg

A pittance to pay for shippin n handlin and they throw in the cat wranglin free! You'll not find a better bargain! And I promise no more ultra 3D cards.

Edited by Cannibal Chrispy

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

And my offer to cover this round out of the generousity of my black heart still stands.

And that is cool....

The same that it was so cool when Ransom did it,

But $2.00 ain't nothing..... fold the bills and stick them between the cards.... dirt simple.....

The problem with sending a pre-paid envelope, is..... what if it weighs more... how much postage do you put on it?.....

Hey... if the rounds "Cat Wrangler" makes a whole 50 cents offa me... I kinda think I can live with that..... :blink:

I'll agree with either.

But to answer your question Patrick, if you mail out 10 cards and receive 10 cards, won't they weigh the same?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I'm fine with throwing in $2 with my cards.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Bump...

So unless we get another volunteer by this evening, I am going to place Kate into the #10 slot and we will send in seperate cards rather than working together.

List of Participants

1. Michael Bagley

2. Ransom (Rançonner)

3. J8ksdad

4. Sjöröveren

5. Pew

6. PyrateLeather (Clay)

7. Patrick Hand

8. Canibal Chrispy

9. Brig

10. Kate Souris

Michael_banner.jpg

Okay, I should have posted this on Saturday, but the above list (my previous post) has the final list for this round of Pyrate Trading Cards.

Please try to have your cards in the mail to me by May 15th at the latest, this gives all of us a full month plus a few extra days (more for those keeners that started last week). ;)

Please private message me for the mailing address as you finish, I will be mailing the cards out the day after I receive the last batch, and hope that if no one is late getting the cards to me, that way all of you should have your new collections of cards by the end of May at the latest.

Cheers!

Michael_banner.jpg