Geoffrey Rush AKA Capt Barbossa Found Dead

Can't believe I fell for that! Nice one. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

(chuckle) We at the Studio know better... :lol:

Nice one. (His wife might not think so though...)

Yeah, and wait until Lady Barbossa see's this and comes after you. : D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

OH SO MEAN!!!!

Speaking of which, the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary. Probably not even under the right spelling. (is that the right spelling?!)

If you're gonna swing, swing for the fences...if you're going after Jaws, bring along the tartar sauce.

Ooo! Do NOT do that ever again!

I know that he's currently on Broadway.

I saw the word, "Dead" and thought, Gosh...I guess his reviews for his role as a 400-year-old king "Exit The King" weren't that great.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I saw the word, "Dead" and thought, Gosh...I guess his reviews for his role as a 400-year-old king "Exit The King" weren't that great.

Naw, they love him of course...

NEW YORK (AP) — We haven't seen a star turn like this in quite a while.

Geoffrey Rush, making his Broadway debut, manages a mesmerizing high-wire act of balancing outrageous comedy and overwhelming tragedy in a fascinating revival of Eugene Ionesco's absurdist "Exit the King."

Rush, an Academy Award winner for 1996's "Shine," not only stars as the extravagant title character but co-wrote this often hilarious translation (with director Neil Armfield) which opened Thursday at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre.

The actor is a total chameleon, part vaudeville comic, part circus clown, part overwrought tragedian, in his larger-than-life portrayal of a monarch who's dying while his kingdom collapses around him — dying, but refusing to go quietly. "I will die when I feel like it," he sniffs royally.

The king, named Berenger, is sort of an everyman (think of one of Samuel Beckett's more forlorn characters) but done up in regalia that accentuates his cadaverous, hollow-eyed face.

In fact, the trappings could not be more kingly. This ruler wears an ornate crown and a robe with an never-ending train. The same wardrobe goes for his two queens: his cynical first helpmate, Marguerite, played by Susan Sarandon, and a younger second wife, portrayed by Lauren Ambrose.

The two women, as well as the king, are fussed over by a comic servant, Juliette, played by a raucous Andrea Martin. A very funny woman, she brings a burlesque zest to the proceedings, a sense of fun that is not only verbal but physical. Watch as she scampers across the Barrymore stage with the sure-fire alacrity of a demented gazelle.

Ionesco's play, written in the early 1960s, is a meditation on death, from the cynical to the sentimental and all points in between. The cynical is represented by Marguerite, whose sardonic wit is nicely captured by Sarandon. She's the voice of unadulterated realism, as she literally ticks off the hours and minutes until the king's death. This being absurdist theater, Marguerite announces his demise will occur at the end of the play.

Her tough-mindedness is echoed by the king's physician, who also tries to prepare Berenger for his exit from this earth. As portrayed by William Sadler, the man displays a cheery sense of the practical, no matter how unsettling.

On the opposite end of the emotional spectrum is the king's weepy second wife, played by Ambrose with a permanent wail as she valiantly tries to keep him from losing hope. Despite the incessant crying, Ambrose manages to make the young woman sweetly appealing.

The play's fifth character is a soldier (Brian Hutchison), fitted in armor, who serves to proclaim bulletins on the king's declining physical condition. He also announces the play's intermission.

This cheeky awareness of the audience is one of the pleasures of "Exit the King," which, under Armfield's inventive direction, exults in its own overt theatricality and a breaking down of the fourth wall. At one point, the king marches up and down the aisles of the Barrymore, talking to the theatergoers as if they were his subjects.

Late in Act 2, as death gets closer, the play gets more somber. One by one, the other characters leave the stage until only the king and his first queen are left. It's a haunting, disquieting moment as Sarandon's queen, in a calm, gentle voice, leads her husband to his final moment.

Watching Berenger on his throne as the light fades is a guaranteed shiver you won't forget.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Ooo! Really?! That would be great seeing that it is a limited run on Broadway. I wonder how much something like that could go on the 'Black Market', eh Bess? :blink:

OMG... Hello!!! PIRATE! B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:P

Ye be a VERY, VERY cruel man, pappy. Tis a good thing realized before hand it was an April Fool's joke. An' a good thing ye didn't say ye skewered Barbossa... cause I'd be skewerin' ye!! Bess, Cheeky an' th' other ladies 'll have a hell of a time keepin' me from gettin' at ye. :lol:

Rush dead... phfst! HA!

LOL... Rush portrayin' a King now! Fancy that. Good Lord, he's a wide range of rules. :)

Glad t' hear he's doing well with the play. Kudos to him. :::thumbs up:::

Oooo... a DVD would be lovely. :) Hehehehe... Well... th' special "black market" pirate Pub leak or something like that whatever ye would call it of his performance.

Shine was an awesome role.

Sooo... shall we refer t' him as High Highness? or His Majesty? Or His Worship? Hmm? ;) He's gone beyond Pirate Lord now. LOL... Perhaps now he's become th' Pirate King? LOL....

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

See now??

I told ye the wench would be miffed! :lol:

(And as if I would try to stop her from reach'n ye.... we've not had a good bit of entertainment in here for some time and that would fit the bill rightly! :P )

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I have to admit, you got me right between the eyes with that one! I have been trying to get a couple of my works in front of him to see if he'd be interested in recording some of me poetry for a CD (especially "A Tale from Devil's Tavern" - he would be GREAT as the "laughing unbeliever"!) and when I saw that post my heart actually skipped a beat!

Well done, I says!

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

*heart stops for a brief moment* Dear God......how did I not even see this post until now? That was a pretty mean joke, but then I laughed and breathed a sigh of relief when I realized it was only a joke. Thank goodness!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Twisted joke nonetheless, Christine. Nearly given we Ladies a bleedin' heartattack! :::Glares at Pappy:::

See now??

I told ye the wench would be miffed! :o

(And as if I would try to stop her from reach'n ye.... we've not had a good bit of entertainment in here for some time and that would fit the bill rightly! :o )

Oooh, Bess, I can still skewer 'im if ye be needin' some entertainment. I need some excersize anyways. :)

Oh, an' Pappy... that was undead until Jack shot him! ::: still not happy Jack shot him::: Findin' ways t' bring someone back t' life is not so easy. We pefer him ALIVE!!!!

:::fondles sword hilt::: I can still deal with him, Bess. ::: eyeing Pappy still with a cold stare as a wicked grin appears::::

~Lady B

:::fondles sword hilt::: I can still deal with him, Bess. ::: eyeing Pappy still with a cold stare as a wicked grin appears::::

~Lady B

(Bess ponders the possibilites.... Hmmm, out at Sea no one can hear you scream)

Yeah , sure, knock yerself out! :D

Run Pappy run!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hehehehehehehehe.... Oooo, goodie! I gets t' play! ;:::evil grinz:::

:::right hand wraps around massive saber as the left goes for the massive doglock; pulling them out and gives a frightening chuckle-yell and a twisted entertained face that would frighten even Blackbeard:::

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ye best RUN, Pappy!!!!

Hahahahahaha...

:::Goes after Pappy:::::

~Lady B