Flying with black powder guns

Some great traveling stories !! I hate to throw a wet blanket on the situation, but the very real facts are that the rules are interpreted differently at different airports, and by different gate agents and TSA officers. What you might get away with in Chicago, for instance, you may not get away with on your return trip through Miami, or Atlanta.

You need to understand that swords are not much of a problem, and do not need to be declared, as long as they are in your checked baggage. Hard cases and locking are not required, (at this time). Firearms are another story entirely !!

You could run up on an agent that decides to get real "anal", and pull out the rule book. So then you ask to speak to his supervisor, and try to explain that you got away with whatever non-compliant container hundreds of times at such and such airport. The supervisor will look in the rule book, and no doubt back up his underling, unless he is blatantly wrong. So then....... You miss your flight, and then have to find another way to get your weapons shipped.

Hmmmmmm..... "Aha !!! I can take a cab across town to a UPS store, and ship from there !!", but it's 9pm... I guess I will have to spend the night, and ship my stuff in the morning.....

Refer to my pinned posting above to avoid problems. "Properly warned sez I"

>>>> Cascabel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to understand that swords are not much of a problem, and do not need to be declared, as long as they are in your checked baggage. Hard cases and locking are not required, (at this time). Firearms are another story entirely !!

To be honest, the locking case was to protect my stuff from the baggage handlers! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

To be honest, the locking case was to protect my stuff from the baggage handlers! :lol:

Protection is needed from the baggage handlers for certain, but I was speaking of LEGALITIES.....

>>>> Cascabel