Ahoy from NC!

As a sailor and history student and enthusiast, I invite you to my party!

I am starting up a "maritime culture" reenactment group focused on the maritime heritage of North Carolina. As the home of Blackbeard's last stand, how can we not have a crewe??!!!!

All my members will be highly encourage to learn to sail (aboard my 22footer) and learn about the maritime activity in the area from 1750-1780. I don't say "pirate" group because the labels around here are kind of flimsy...not all pirates were pirating 24-7, it was more like "seasonal" work. And take a look at Gov. Eden, everything gets flimsy legally around here!

But don't be fooled by the titles...we HAVE FUN!

Our first activities will be to investigate pirate events IE Blackbeard festivals at Beaufort, NC and Hampton Roads, VA, and Charleston Harborfest. We will also be building a boat (not too big, not too small...well, small enough) in hopes of inspiring investors in an even bigger project...more info on asking.

My contacts are sestable@ncsu.edu and phone # (919) 463-7611. We welcome all reenactors and aspiring reenactors from NC and surrounding states (but be assured of the drive from NC...)

Thanks so much and hope to hear from you!

Betsy

If you're gonna swing, swing for the fences...if you're going after Jaws, bring along the tartar sauce.