Pyrate Trading Card Pics

Ransom

Okay, it's been over a week since I sent out the cards, so I'm going to go on the assumption that all the cards have reached home ports safe and sound.

So, time to post some pictures, so everyone can see how much fun we had. Also, post a brief description of how you made them, in case anyone wants to play in the future.

Here's what my dinning room table looked like the day I divided up the cards and goody bags, and had the mailing envelopes ready to go.

100_3087.jpg

Now, let's see some cards, guys! :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Ha! Ye should have played in the round. Ya had a card all ready. :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Here's mine. I apologize for the sideways ones. Photobucket hung up when I tried to rotate them.

sc00efae28.jpg

sc00ed33cc.jpg

sc00edf063.jpg

sc00ee3ae6.jpg

sc00eec61b.jpg

sc00eff620.jpg

sc00edadb4.jpg

sc00ee802d.jpg

sc00ef57f7.jpg

sc00ef12d1.jpg

How I did it:

I very scanned maps from a book called "The Sea Chart" by John Blake. I resized the scans, then very roughly traced them onto water color paper. Most of the coloring was done with water colors, I used colored pencils on a few, but I liked the results from water colors better. I wrote some quick factoids on the reverse of each. That's it! Took me most of a day, but I had a great time.

Edited by Sjöröveren

whoever got the leather map I made, the ship is an iron on patch held on with a small drop of fabric glue, please feel free to remove the patch and iron it on any arrrticle of clothing that needs that "pyrate touch"!

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

I had so much fun doing the first set, that I ended up doing another.

Here is a sample from the first set, titled "Father Turned Pyrate."

I took cardstock and photocopied a brocade pattern on it, then ran it through again, and printed an astronomy chart over that. The figures were clipped from a magazine, then I added stickers and stamping. The edges were lined with a gold glitter pen.

PTCs22-09.jpg

This second set was called "Treasure".

Cards stock with the astronomy chart printed on it, then pictures of jewels cut from a magazine, stickers and stamping. Also with "jewels" glued on each one. Same glitter pen border. (Oh, and I forgot to remove the transparency shield I usually put over my scanner glass for protection, which is why there is that weird border at the bottom of the photo. :lol: )

PTCsTREASURE2.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Are you volunteering to be the wrangler? :lol:

I wouldn't mind doing another set of cards, I just don't want to be the organizer. I've got a full plate between now and Nor Cal with costume projects. The cards are easy, and I can do them in a day.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Are you volunteering to be the wrangler? :lol:

I wouldn't mind doing another set of cards, I just don't want to be the organizer. I've got a full plate between now and Nor Cal with costume projects. The cards are easy, and I can do them in a day.

I would be willing to take on the role as wrangler... Heck I would even offer to cover the postage as you did for the first run...

It's a matter of time... If there is enough people interested, and we can take let's say until the middle of May (if not the end of May), then it would work for me... But the next few weeks are looking rough for me... So yeah, if those interested are willing to have a go with a 1 1/2 to 2 month deadline, count me in and as wrangler if no one else wants the honour.

Michael_banner.jpg

My original set:

DSC_0257.jpg

So yeah, if those interested are willing to have a go with a 1 1/2 to 2 month deadline, count me in .....

In.

And I second Michael for head-wrangler. 13.gif13.gif13.gif

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Which translates to "Kate is going to be the trading card wrangler for this round." Fine, fine....who is in?

BTW- I apologize for forgetting to put our names on the back of ours. And for making them all the same. All the ATC swaps that I have ever been in have been everyone making 10 of the exact same cards so everyone got one of everything.

Banner.jpg

I'm in for another round!

And Pew, your set just cracks me up! I love the "Sailor Brave" one, but I still think I got the best one! (the gritty fellow on the bottom with the red bandana.)

Ransom, the one of yours I got has one of my favorite words: salmagundi. Alas, I have never eaten any. But the word is useful when no other will suffice. It can mean anything to the uninformed.

Edited by Sjöröveren

Count me in.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

• 1 year later...