Anti-Pirate Water Cannon

Graydog

-

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Actually, not a joke but a real device to ward off modern day pirates:

Anti-Pirate Water Cannon Site

Unifire AB of Sweden Presents ...

Anti Pirate Water Cannon Systems for ships, yachts and all types of marine vessels. Made entirely of marine-grade stainless steel (type 316), fully networked, controlled from safe remote location, and automatic ship protection available with pre-programmed defensive spray patterns.

(An interesting website with pictures. With systems like this being remote controlled it explains how they avoid the operator from getting shot.)

But now, the secret is out. That's why you see so many pirates with dirt on their faces at the various fairs, they are actually afeared of water! Why think of all the gun powder that could have been saved during the GAOP. Instead of "Pirates! Beat to quarters. " the command would be "Pirates! Man the pumps." :rolleyes:

Hows about since this is not about a film, book or other Pop media we trundle this topic along to another Forum?

What say?? :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Actually except for it being made in stainless steel, it looks just like the 'deck guns' on my Volunteer Fire Dept. pumper engines.

And though some of them are able to be used by remote control, it is a lot more fun bringing it around by hand. We get over 1000 gallon per minute out of ours and you can uproot small trees with it, but it is really a close quarters weapon, as the water starts to spread out the more the distance from the bore tip. I don't think you could knock a man over if he was more than 70 yards away, but he would get very wet!

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Now, if it was a SOAP and water anti-piracy cannon, I could see pirates being afeared of it........

Uh, yup, they got that covered, on our Engines we have the capability of 'foam induction' so your feared anit-pirate weapon is already out there :huh:

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I