Petty Annoyances

Ransom

This is not a thread for long rants. It is just a place to post the little things in daily life that bug you, or that people do that make you roll your eyes, and wonder "What the frack were they thinking?"

Here are three of mine—which all happened recently.

People who, parked on the street, open their car door wide, with no regard to traffic behind them. Which makes those driving down said road have to swerve into the other lane of on-coming traffic to keep from taking the idiot's door off.

Grocery shoppers who stroll down the middle of the row with their carts, blocking people trying to go around them from either direction. They go 2 mph, studying every stinken label, some while talking on their cell phones, "Well, Harold, they don't have that brand on sale, but they do have.......,.....,....., which one do you want?" :D

You're looking over titles at the video store, standing far enough out of the way so that people can go by you, and someone comes along and stops right in front of you, so you end up looking at their back. As if you're invisible, and it never occurred to them that you might actually be looking at the video selection in front of you. Sheesh.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grocery shoppers who stroll down the middle of the row with their carts, blocking people trying to go around them from either direction. They go 2 mph, studying every stinken label, some while talking on their cell phones, "Well, Harold, they don't have that brand on sale, but they do have.......,.....,....., which one do you want?" :D

It's always been my opinion that the same rules of the road we use when operating a motor vehicle apply to shopping carts: stay to the right, etc. Instead, it seems the rules of bumper cars are the law of the land! :D

You're looking over titles at the video store, standing far enough out of the way so that people can go by you, and someone comes along and stops right in front of you, so you end up looking at their back. As if you're invisible, and it never occurred to them that you might actually be looking at the video selection in front of you. Sheesh.

Time for a big, wet, uncovered sneeze!

Person Me :"What do you want to do today?"

Person the Other:"Oh, I don't care. Whatever you want."

"Okay. Lets go for a walk."

"No. its too wet out."

"Hmm how about a movie?"

"Not in the mood."

.Lather, rinse, repeat. This conversation drives me nuts....

Or those morons who can't wait the three seconds for you to drive past them and just pull out in front of you so you have to slam on your brakes.

Or people who talk on cell phones while driving in a parking lot - c'mon, it's challenging enough just driving in a parking lot and not hitting anyone. Or who answer their cell phones during a movie. (I SO want a cell phone zapper...)

RHJMap.jpg

Those who whack you in the can repeatedly with a shopping cart at the checkout as their tiny terror paws all your groceries. Someone needs a major hip check :ph34r:

or people who leave that last square of t paper, or 1 tsp of milk in the container (I have a major dairy issue - gotta b fresh)

and gum under things...never put your hand under anything in public eww * shudder *

and that gross jelly stuff on cold meat..that you never see in time..blargh :rolleyes:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Stupid people in general annoy me. Since having an annual pass to Disneyland I really see how the general public is in mass quantities. There are so many idiots out there and the scary part is they're breeding! <_<

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yesterday i was shopping for some viddels with me captain. Having a PRIVATE conversation about ice cream...buy ar not to buy. This lady stops starts pulling out flyers and telling us that blue bunny is on sale at adifferent store for $4 were as the current store is got it for $6.

I am not leaving current store to drive 6-8 miles to find ice cream $2 cheaper.

Bosun Red

or, if you have the intestinal fortitude, a release of vapours from the fundament never fails to make your point!

Or those morons who can't wait the three seconds for you to drive past them and just pull out in front of you so you have to slam on your brakes.

This may be my greatest peeve of all! I hate it when I am driving in the left lane, already going 5-10 mph over the speed limit, and someone (usually a male barely into his 20s) comes up from behind me at over 80 mph, flashes his lights, expecting me to either 1: increase my speed to match his, and thereby increasing my culpability in breaking the speed limit) or 2: get into the right lane, so he doesn't have to inconvenience himself by obeying the law and prevailing speed of traffic. I would love to be able to talk to him, to hear his argument for my breaking the law so he can drive the speed he feels like driving. I used to slow down to exactly the speed limit, but now that these guys are shooting people, I just continue in the left lane, not changing speed. If I can get into the right lane at some point, if it's not too inconvenient for me. Every once in a while I'm rewarded by seeing the offending driver get pulled over; or even better, in the ditch, plowed deep into snow, without a prayer of anyone stopping to help.

I swear to god, I think most of these younger drivers have learned to drive while playing Grand Theft Auto, and think that those rules apply to real life. Yesterday, some kid tried to pull into my parking spot at the grocery store while I was backing out! My front wheels were still in the parking spot, and he was already driving into it! Did he think he'd get more points for getting there quickly?!?

People in general who have no patience whatsoever for the common, everyday frailties of their fellow human beings. :huh:

I’ve seen people be very rude indeed for no reason whatsoever other then they thought their own value, opinion or worth was greater then that of someone that was in their way. <_<

I guess…. Rudeness for it’s own sake annoys me. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

You are engaged in a conversation with someone. Someone else you both know comes up and interrupts to talk to the other person.

They totally act as if you are non-existent.

Helloooooo????? Do I look like a fencepost?

At least acknowledge my presence.

Usually I just walk away.

And they don't even notice that.

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

Here's another couple of favorites....NOT

People who have been standing in line for several minutes waiting to pay for something, then wait until the checker has rung up the item/items, before searching through a zillion credit cards looking for their debit card. Meanwhile, the rest of us are standing there waiting for said idiot to empty their wallet, still looking for their card. Why couldn't they have started looking for it while they were standing in line?

Those who let their dogs poop on the beach and leave it there, or scuff sand over it, turning it into a smelly land mine just waiting for someone to step on it. Yuk!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Those who let their dogs poop on the beach and leave it there, or scuff sand over it, turning it into a smelly land mine just waiting for someone to step on it. Yuk!

Oh yeah!

Being the proud mother of a dog that is capable of leaving Mega mounds I ALWAYS have baggies with us when we hit the beach. (She is a service dog and can go anywhere) I've often called out to folks to tell them they *forgot something*

"Oh, I don't have anything to pick it up with..." says they.... "Here! Have one of mine!" says I....

They come back like little dogs wapped on the nose with newspaper. <_<

(Good Phoebe!)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

ARRRGGHHH!!! People who don't scoop their dog's poop drive me nuts! I always scoop up after my yellow lab mix, and then carry his "presents" around in a baggie for the rest of the walk.

So I was really annoyed to watch my neighbor let his massive mutt poop in my yard. When he caught me looking at him he smiled and waved as if nothing was amiss. Grrrrrrr..... <_<

I also can't stand "blinker nerds". The people who have their blinker on when they are driving but they never actually turn. Worse is when people turn but never put on their blinker!

Or cigarette smokers who just throw their butts wherever - the world is NOT your ashtray.

And something I've been dealing with lately (not here, though) - people who are incredibly ignorant but constantly make snarky remarks about things they don't understand or know nothing about. And insist that if there's something that they know nothing about or are unaware of, it can't really exist or isn't true. The person I've been dealing with lately refuses to admit that she is not the total and complete font of all knowledge (even though she's gotten more than enough feedback about her ignorant state for almost fifty years...) And she's not nearly smart enough to be acting this way just to annoy people.

I've dealt with other folks like that (religious fanatics come to mind...) and they bug the hell out of me but the person I'm dealing with now takes the cake. She's a relative, so perhaps my having to deal with this personality type for so much of my childhood has made me more intolerant of this type than most people.

RHJMap.jpg

As with cigarettes, so with people who litter. The world is NOT your garbage can! <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oh, I thought of another one!

My coworker who sleeps all day but feels entitled to dump all his work on a different coworker and treat her like she's less than human. Did I mention he knows everything?

Now when I catch him sleeping I take a photo with my phone, e-mail it to myself and post it to facebook with a poem that I write about him. It's immature, but it makes me smile. <_<

People who complain annoy me. <_<:lol:

(Which means this post is a recursive loop.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

My peeves:

Here in California a law was passed so that people could not talk on their cell phones while driving.

It's amazing how many don't think the law applies to them!

People who leave their blinkers on for miles and miles while driving in a trance.

People who don't use their blinkers and expect everyone else to know what they are going to do while they cut across lanes of traffic to turn.

Workers of businesses who go just outside the doors of the business to smoke....while customers are having to walk through a horrid stinky smell.....

When Interstate 5 between Oceanside and San Clemente become the Autobaun of Calif. and if you're not doing at least 95 or better in the 'fast lane' you'll get run over by rude a**holes who think they own the road.

People going south on Interstate 5 and slowing down while passing the Border Patrol check on the north side....do they think they will get caught bringing drugs to San Diego?

Big dual-wheel trucks that mosey along the roadways at low speeds....trying to conserve gas? Get a smaller car!

People with big vehicles complaining about gas prices..... OH PLEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a clue!!!!

When 'south of the border' types leave shopping carts all over the place....though it's illegal to take them from the stores, it doesn't matter, it's illegal just like them.....

When the 'south of the border' people marched through Escondido last year complaining about equal rights and carrying Mexican flags.....well if you like Mexico so well, go back...PLEASE!

Junkyard homes: In every state that Boats and I visited last year we came across tons of homes that looked like junk yards especially on main highways and it was obvious people didn't care......is this the way you want to represent your State?

Trash: Along virtually every road in Calif. there is trash: I bet if collected it would reach to the moon and back!

Along the same vein: People who just throw their empty containers on the ground instead of a trash can just a few feet away.

My Pet peeves: People who own pets and don't take care of them properly, like leaving parakeets outside in cold, rainy weather (before I moved from my apartment there were people doing it; I sent them a note telling them to get on the Internet or go to the library and learn about how to take care of their birds), not cleaning their kitty boxes regularly (so the whole place stinks!). BTW- we have three cat boxes (with 7 cats here) and they are cleaned every day and my home does not stink!!!!

My worst peeve: Boats who takes things out and then never puts them back!!!!! Arrrggghhhh! <_<

This may be my greatest peeve of all! I hate it when I am driving in the left lane, already going 5-10 mph over the speed limit, and someone (usually a male barely into his 20s) comes up from behind me at over 80 mph, flashes his lights, expecting me to either 1: increase my speed to match his, and thereby increasing my culpability in breaking the speed limit) or 2: get into the right lane, so he doesn't have to inconvenience himself by obeying the law and prevailing speed of traffic. I would love to be able to talk to him, to hear his argument for my breaking the law so he can drive the speed he feels like driving. I used to slow down to exactly the speed limit, but now that these guys are shooting people, I just continue in the left lane, not changing speed. If I can get into the right lane at some point, if it's not too inconvenient for me. Every once in a while I'm rewarded by seeing the offending driver get pulled over; or even better, in the ditch, plowed deep into snow, without a prayer of anyone stopping to help.

I swear to god, I think most of these younger drivers have learned to drive while playing Grand Theft Auto, and think that those rules apply to real life. Yesterday, some kid tried to pull into my parking spot at the grocery store while I was backing out! My front wheels were still in the parking spot, and he was already driving into it! Did he think he'd get more points for getting there quickly?!?

One of the funnier posts I read somewhere about this: If you're not transporting livers and kidneys for transplant - stay off my ass!

RHJMap.jpg

or, if you have the intestinal fortitude, a release of vapours from the fundament never fails to make your point!
I have come to the conclusion that both the sneeze or the gaseous cloud make you look bad and does nothing to correct the problem. I simply step towards the products that I am viewing to allow people to pass behinde me rather than stepping back and allwoing them to step before me. That way they can get past but not cut me off. However this behavior creates another problem, others who have adopted the same behavior and camp out in front of the item that I want to pluck off the shelf. <_<