Petty Annoyances

Ransom

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who are dissatisfied with your behavior or how you are treating them and they don't tell you or make suggestions on what they want because clearly, since you have made no changes, you are unaware of their dissatisfaction with how things are being run!

Is that vague enough?

Amen my friend!!!!!!!!!!notworthy.gif

Noticing small spelling errors in your posts two to three days later, after everyone has already read them. :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Well hey, there is no spell check when writing stuff here at the Pub.

Short of using the big ol' Webster's Dictionary I have, I just guess most of the time.

Besides, I have no idea how to access a spell check here. I'd welcome any suggestions.

Rumba....almost a good speller. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

What is it with gardeners who have to get everybody up at 8:00 in the morning on a Saturday with their hedge trimming that should have been done during the week?

Or on Sunday mornings with sounds of saws and such as people upgrade their homes?

Arrrggggghhhhhhhh!

This is not a thread for long rants. It is just a place to post the little things in daily life that bug you, or that people do that make you roll your eyes, and wonder "What the frack were they thinking?"

Here are three of mine—which all happened recently.

People who, parked on the street, open their car door wide, with no regard to traffic behind them. Which makes those driving down said road have to swerve into the other lane of on-coming traffic to keep from taking the idiot's door off.

Grocery shoppers who stroll down the middle of the row with their carts, blocking people trying to go around them from either direction. They go 2 mph, studying every stinken label, some while talking on their cell phones, "Well, Harold, they don't have that brand on sale, but they do have.......,.....,....., which one do you want?" rolleyes.gif

You're looking over titles at the video store, standing far enough out of the way so that people can go by you, and someone comes along and stops right in front of you, so you end up looking at their back. As if you're invisible, and it never occurred to them that you might actually be looking at the video selection in front of you. Sheesh.

Oh Oh Oh! This is lovely! If you will permit me, I have ways that you can cure EVERY ONE of these bad habits one person at a time! These methods have been tried and tested true!

The first is quite easy and kind of self explanatory, if you have good timing and don't mind a little minor right front end damage to your car. But believe me when I say, the next guy that does that to you will NEVER throw his door open in traffic again (so you can consider yourself an educator as well)! The grim truth - taking a door off because someone swung it open in your path is not your fault....sideswiping the car next you while trying to AVOID an open door IS. How messed up is that?

The second is rather fun. Just act as clueless as they are by waving a hand frantically and calling out YOO HOO (the shriller, the better) EXCUUUUUUUSE ME! Keep a stupid grin on your face and the blocker will usually nudge a couple of inches off to the side. Then when struggling to get through the very minor hole they have made for you, slam a corner of their cart with your own. This will usually catapult the front of their cart into the safety stripping on the aisle shelving and remove them completely from your path. Then apologize profusely for the run-in and emphasize your apology with a few personal-space-invading pats on the arm of the blocker. If you follow these directions to the letter, the blocker will be far more alarmed by your bizarre behavior than angry (nobody says YOOHOO anymore, or apologizes either), and you have not only gotten past them, but have done your public service for the day as well...not to mention being able to release that pent up stress you've built up while creeping behind the chucklehead to begin with.

The third is similar to the second, only this time excuse yourself while reaching past them as though to take a DVD off of the shelf ,(choose a DVD that is high enough on the shelf so that the elbow on your upraised arm is level with their head) then give them a solid nudge with your elbow (the force of the nudge to be determined by how badly they have annoyed you). Follow the same instructions for post-impact as for those in number two, only this time (if you are able) grab their head with both of your hands and vigorously rub the spot that you have just struck with your elbow while you are apologizing. When you eventually release them, they will leave your immediate area post-haste and will not block your view again as long as you remain in the store - in fact, they will probably stay as far away from you as possible, if not leave the store entirely. Again, your public service requirements for the day have been fulfilled, and you are free to shop the store unhindered.

Trust me, THESE WORK!biggrin.gif You also get the added benefit of chuckling to yourself on the way home instead of talking to yourself under your breath about how *^#%* stupid and rude people are while gesturing at nothing and basically looking like a crazy person.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok... add to my list people who have no regard for other people's pets! Especially if they run over one and just keep driving! At least they should stop and apologize for what they did, compensate in some manner! Just hurt me horribly to see my nieces cry at the sight of Maggie (their dog) as a fresh kill on the side of the road, obviously dead, just bloody all over! At least the neighbors were kind and helped comfort the kids. Dalton (nephew) was just pissed, angry at how someone could do such a thing! Apparently the dog had slipped outside, no one knew about it.

I consider pets to be just like little kids... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!... people be careful! I had to go through loss of pets like this and it's just horrific beyond measure. It's like watching a family member shot down dead before your eyes and you can do nothing about it.

So... people who have no regard or care for other people's pets... Yeah, they are on my shyte list.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ok... add to my list people who have no regard for other people's pets! Especially if they run over one and just keep driving! At least they should stop and apologize for what they did, compensate in some manner!

I've never ran over someone's pet so I've never actually had to put too much thought into this, and I'm very sorry for the lose of your family's pet.

I just have to add this in as a thought, and I was curious what other people thought.

I was always taught to never stop at the houses near by if you have hit a dog or cat. The concern being that the owner may take out their anger on you and hurt you or worse, especially if you are a woman and it's at night. I've always been a bit torn on this topic. Not everyone lives in a safe area, but then again almost everyone loves their pets and doesn't want to think they've hurt a beloved animal.

Overall the best answer is to be careful when you are driving and to always stay alert to avoid hitting anything, people or animals. However, if it were to happen, what would be the best way to handle this situation without putting yourself in a potentially dangerous place?

Edited by Rogue Mermaid

In my life, I have had the awful experience of hitting one cat, and one dog. Both times it was late at night after midnight. The cat was white, hunched over eating from a white bag of MacDonalds trash someone had thrown into the middle of the street. I thought it was just that, a pile of trash. Right as I was about to drive over the top of the stuff (not run over it), the cat looked up...right at me...as I hit it with the undercarriage of my car. It was dead, but I was in a commercial district at 2 am in the morning. There was no way for me to know where the cat had come from. I cried all the way home. To make it worse, it was about a week before Christmas, and I felt sick thinking I had killed someone's pet as an early Christmas gift. That happened over twenty years ago, and I can still see that cats eyes looking right into my own before I hit it.

With the dog, I was coming home late on the freeway at a stretch between our house and town. It was dark, no lights, no houses, just forest. Out of nowhere, a dog came running out of the trees right in front of my truck. I had no time to slow down, as there was a big rig semi tractor-trailer coming behind me. The animal wasn't a coyote. It looked more like a golden lab. It went under my truck, and then..well, with a semi behind me, you can guess the rest. What the dog was doing way out there I have no idea.

So, my plea is...if you have cats, keep then indoors. They are safer and live longer when indoor kitties. I know, I have five indoor furbies, and would just die if anything happened to any of them. If you have a dog, make sure it is in a secure enclosure or yard. Yes, they get out, but drivers can't always avoid them, and if it is late at night, it is too dangerous to go knocking door to door to find the owner. I would suggest calling 911 and letting the police know the dog has been hit, and let them contact animal control if the dog is wearing a tag. They will notify the owners.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

People who ar so connected to texting on their cell phones they cannot even put it down while carrying on a conversation with someone.

People who are walking and talking on their cellphones, suddenly stop, flailing their arms about and start walikng backwards, and take up a fifiteen foot circle of space to animate the phonecall.

People who have to walk all-over the place against any sort of flow in hallways, try to crowd past you when you are going through a door (while coming the other direction)seeing you are already halfway through.

College kids!!! HAAARRUUUMPHH!

Bo

LOL.. completely understand, Bo. Annoying how everyone things they are right, know more than others, and HAS to be the one to give advice even when you don't want it. I have a hard time with people because of that reasons. But then again, who doesn't have a tough time with people. :)

Wouldn't know about the tabs and moustache, Morgan. Hehehe, but yeah, that would be ouch, wouldn't it?

My sister's dog was an inside dog. Somehow, she got out. And well, the rest you know. But it was horrific to hear my neice's blood curding scream and watch my nieces bawl they poor little eyes out.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Leaf blowers! Loud, smelly things! Use a broom or a rake for God's sake. :P

RAKEHELL-1.jpg