Milwaukee Art Museum taken over by the Crewe!

Once again, the Crewe proved they could rub elbows with culture! We made it home after a full day of fun, interacting with Milwaukee's young pyrate afficionados. Billie's had almost too much culture for 3 days...his skunk is beginning to behave like a french poodle! Cheeky, we look forward to hearing the official review...

http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh298/b...nt=IMG_2383.jpg

Ok, can someone please tell me what I need to do to make the photo show in the post, rather than the link to it? Billie & I thought we had formatted it right on photobucket last night so it would show in this post, but between our 2 brains, apparently somethin's still missing! :D We thought this was the best picture we had on my camera of the Crewe. We're looking forward to seeing others! :D

The Crewe of the Archangel - Family Sunday Event at the Milwaukee At Museum

3359883830_2c1210bb69.jpg

To the Crewe Members who showed up at the Milwaukee Art Museum (MAM) - A HUGE Thank you to all of you.

Sylvia Peine, the Event Coordinator of Children’s Events was very happy and extremely please regarding our turn out and our interaction with the visiting children.

Everyone one jumped in and did what they do best! Billie and Gwen entertained the children with ‘the French Poodle’, Matty Bottles charmed the kids by making art project with them then led them on the great treasure hunt!

Merchant Mary made sure that our crewe grew in numbers yesterday as she helped signed up as many children as we could and made them “legal Pyrates”. Diver Jamie and Shipmate Diane played and interacted with the children with questions and coins.

Even Bess made sure that the kids were welcomed with big smiles and even helped take pictures of the various families with the Archangel Crewe.

You all should be very proud of yourselves. You worked hard and played hard. I have not heard the numbers for this event yet, but Sylvia did mention this was the biggest March Family Sunday event that they have had in quite some time.

My cap is off to you all!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Just a few choice shots from the Milwaukee Art Museum Event -

Matty Bottles helps read clues aloud for the Treasure Hunt

3359051687_8561460774.jpg

Merchant Mary signing another child to our ranks!

3359041091_a255c280c2.jpg

Matty Bottles decides he needs a Parrot or maybe a McCaw to wear upon his shoulder.

3359041087_88beeca322.jpg

Showing the kids a Letter of Marque

3359883842_fb3e451ac9.jpg

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"

We got a visit from the Lord Mayor

3359883834_89be66d1dd.jpg

Bess promised the Captain she'd keep all the crewe in line that day...some more than others!

3359883838_16c111fde9.jpg

Billie and his woman (Gwen) posing - I think she's trying to remind Gunner to eat?!

3359041081_3efe67e469.jpg

Gunner Beach with 'the French Poodle

3359041077_76f59b4267.jpg

More to come!!!

Member of "The Forsaken"

Here's a few more...sorry for the poor quality of photos though.

Diver Jamie, Sylvia and Shipmate Diane

3359051679_6bba284b20.jpg

Diver Jamie with Matty and the kids

3359041085_889abbe037.jpg

Bess was extremely happy to know that they were giving babies away that day. Look! She found one she liked...though the baby doesn't know what to make of Bess?!

3359041069_b0dc255402.jpg

Thanks to John and Sylvia, we had a really wonderful layout and display area!

3359051689_4f882ec7b9.jpg

And after all that fun with the Kids...Bess even helped clean up!

3359883846_a8f6bb2e29.jpg

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"

Yes - it was an exceptionally awesome time.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Mr. Bottles reading the clues? Damnation Matt, did not know ye could read!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Ah yes, makes sense now

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

The Crewe of the Archangel - Family Sunday Event at the Milwaukee At Museum

3359883830_2c1210bb69.jpg

Now THAT'S what I was tryin' to do!!! And that's the same picture too! Did we manage to hold that pose thru the camera changes, or is it from mine?

Great overview w/the pics! But you should see the ones we took AFTER the event out at the shore... Billie kept asking passers-by whether they'd seen his boat... but alas, we had to return home by land.

Thanks for the pictures

Crewe of the Archangel

Received the numbers from this past weekend's event at the Milwaukee Art Museum.

Sylvia Peine, the Event Coordinator for the Children's Events said, The Number was 2,326! I’ve had a few events with that many people.....It was definitely YOU!

Congrats Archangel Crew....a bit of Rum is in order, right Captain?

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"