How to Make Them...

Capn Bob

Make: Technology on Your Time magazine has a special "steampunk" issue out, March 2009. This issue includes how to build a steampunk "raygun" (Pg 76: The "Discrete Companion" Ladies' Raygun), a Florence Siphon Coffee Extractor (a mad scientist brewing apparatus), a teacup Stirling Engine, and for the really mad scientist, a Wimshurst machine.

Check your local bookstores, libraries, or www.makezine.com

Just to let you know, I'm not a mad scientist...I'm not even a mildly upset one.

Damn, thats sharp!

Great Article! This lovely little item will come in handy! I am sure that there can be several different variations on this look…I would do it in silver with black accents.

3349140547_6d2bc2201b.jpg

3349974044_bfcba85820.jpg

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Maker Faire 2009... Held in the San Francisco Bay Area on May 30-31,

http://makerfaire.com/#1

I went to a previous one...unfortunately it was 80% crap...not something I'd pay to get into again....

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

I went to a previous one...unfortunately it was 80% crap...not something I'd pay to get into again....

Wow... I enjoyed it last year....(too bad I didn't know you were going, ...rats....) anyway, I'm planing on going again this year....

I really like seeing how people put stuff together, and what they ended up with.... Sure, I'll probably never make a "Bristle Bot" (it's part of a toothbrush with a mini motor attached, (some "google eyes "glued on for fun) and they wiggle around the table....) Some of the stuff/information is useless to me "as is" but there was enough stuff that could be modified to fit my use, and "how they did it" was what I was looking at..... :ph34r:

Anything that gets my mind working can't be all bad.... (unfortunately, the same thing can be said 'bout Rum.... an' we know wot kinda stuff I post then..... :ph34r: )