The Last PiP '08 Surgeon's Journal Page

Mission

Some of you may recall the story of the baby lion stuffed animal I had as a child from the PiP '08 Surgeon's Journal. I told this story to Grace Thatcher (who was 8 at PiP) and she was very concerned that I had lost my favorite stuffed animal. So she did something about it.

This last Easter Egg page is especially for her. Be forewarned that it is not like the other pages because I wrote especially for her. I hope she can read it or Silas and Constance can read it to her. Perhaps she will learn a little bit about Mexico through Baby Lion's adventures.

You will find it here:

Baby Lion Surgeon's Journal Extra Page

If you don't remember the whole story, you can go back and re-read it in the Surgeon's Journal which starts here.

Thanks Grace!

Your pal,

Mission the Surgeon

:blink::D

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Some of you may recall the story of the baby lion stuffed animal I had as a child from the PiP '08 Surgeon's Journal. I told this story to Grace Thatcher (who was 8 at PiP) and she was very concerned that I had lost my favorite stuffed animal. So she did something about it.

This last Easter Egg page is especially for her. Be forewarned that it is not like the other pages because I wrote especially for her. I hope she can read it or Silas and Constance can read it to her. Perhaps she will learn a little bit about Mexico that way.

You will find it here:

http://www.markck.com/images/Piracy/PiP08/...g_Baby_Lion.htm

If you don't remember the whole story, you can go back and re-read it in the Surgeon's Journal which starts here.

Thanks Grace!

Your pal,

Mission the Surgeon

:lol::D

Well done, Suh !!! Honoring the gift from Grace is a wonderful thing. A gift from a child freely given is truly from the heart, and therefore priceless. Worth far more than gold, sez I !!! Treasure it always......

>>>>> Cascabel

• 3 months later...

Well, Baby Lion is leaving to visit one of the little girls I sponsor in Honduras tomorrow. I will report back on the second outing of the Baby Lion World Tour for everyone who's interested. (Both of you.) Although I understand from others who have visited and her letters that Sulma is very shy and she's at that awkward pre-teen age, so I don't know if she'll be willing to pose with BL...

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Baby Lion finally got his pics and info together from his Honduras trip. Since he's really no longer just a PiP thing, I am creating a new post in the Ports O'Call forum in this thread.

He's a world traveler, that Baby Lion.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well, it appears Baby Lion has been traveling without me. Grace just sent me some drawings illustrating his non-Mission travels, so I decided to post them on the Baby Lion main page.

Below is one of the drawings - the piratey one. You'll have to go to BL page to see the other one. (Break out the refrigerator magnets!!)

Baby_Lion_Sailing_small.jpg

In her accompanying letter she said she likes to make things for people and wanted to know what I like that she could make for me. (A new kitchen cabinet? A period accurate reproduction of a dental pelican? A new pair of lower class gentleman's breeches? No, probably not those things...) So I've gotta' do some serious pondering on that one, but if anyone has any good ideas what a nine year old might make for crusty ol' Mission, feel free to post them.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

hmmm, well now I think taking advantage of fine drawing skills would be proper. how about a small apothecarys book of common herbs with a brief description. maybe baby lion needs some spiffy duds for traveling?

Wow...what a project. At least Grace could probably spell the words as well as the 17th century authors.

Now the clothing idea I really like. Myabe he needs a traveling jacket. A maroon one like O.W. Grant had in Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road.

Mission_banner5.JPG