Searle's Raid Weekend Report

Diosa De Cancion

Aye twas a grand tyme of it.

though i think the best of it was seeing hte aftereffects of micky's makeover, hunting up accomidating bikers to pose with and being part of the cloth button "sweatshop of hotties".. Thanks Kate for having the patience to teach me to do the buttons, hopeing ot learn more ways of doing different ones.

Salty

P.S. If any one foind a small black personals kit, looks like a makeup case and last seen sitting on a bench beside the fire it is mine. thinking that is was right where i left it. If anyone has it please PM me and let me know. it had various and asudry personal care / first aid items.

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Cheeky, I really am just about as innocent as a look (which is not at all....)

Will the bottle be something that makes me skip about like a crazy woman?

I should hope so!! :lol: What little I saw of you flittering about at PIP before I crashed that Saturday night. I'm sorry I missed the rest of the 'lady like' behavior!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Kate had a rough time (rougher than normal....) getting there. She recovered decently and then got to play some. Yes Salty, darling, more buttons next time.

And my poor, sweet Mickey...he's so pretty. :)

Oh right. And we're home. Finally. And my inbox is full of different bribery....

Banner.jpg

Uhm wow...

We're now home safe and sound... A rather uneventful journey this time with the small exception of a near death exerience because of me almost nodding off a mere 10 miles from our final destination. :lol: It's a good thing Callenish was awake enough to get me out of it.

That aside, this event was AWESOME!!!

Diosa and the ladies were a little too much fun to be around... Once those breeches are complete, it will fill me great joy to know I will have all of you so near and dear to my groin. :D But honestly thank you all for choosing to learn passementerie buttons and being willing to make them for me.

Hurricane and Diosa, I love your music and singing. You both sounded great individually and as a duet!

Fighting through the streets of a historic town was and will likely be for a long time one of the highlights in my re-enacting career.

As for the make over.... It's a good thing I have a sense of humour... And an amazing ability to remain conscious well into some serious intoxication. Good times, great pics, the cheque to hide the worst of the pics is in the mail. :D

The food was awesome, with perhaps the exception of the Jamaican rice that I made (took too long to cook and came out more "al dente" than I would have liked). But I think I have the proportions and timing worked out better so that if I get another chance to make it, it will go better.

Anyways, I have more to say about all of the wonders of Searle's raid once my head clears and I relax and enjoy seeing some of the pics for a while.

Michael_banner.jpg

It was so fun to spend more time with you. I have a small rash forming from Sunday morning. I hope it hasn't spread north... :) Doc says I should be fine after a few more shots of penicillin. Good times, bunky. :lol:

Seriously, you two are a blast to play with... Diosa and I enjoyed your delightful company and look forward to many more times together, fighting the good fight, roasting Snickers and marshmallows, shooting at the Spaniards, drilling at the fort and enjoying good times...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

mmmmmmm marshmallows. I don't have any idea how many marshmallows I ate. Conrad wins for best marshmallow cooking skills. He must have fed me a dozen perfect marshmallows Saturday evening....something about liking watching me eat them off the skewers... sugary goodness mmmmmm

Edited by Goddess in the Bodice

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

mmmmmmm marshmallows.... I don't have any idea how many marshmallows I ate.... Conrad wins for best marshmallow cooking skills... he must have fed me a dozen perfect marshmallows Saturday evening.... sugary goodness.....mmmmmm

Nuh-huh.... The sommelier (Pronounced "Small-Eh" in Canadian) was the best Marshmallow roaster.. And I would bet on her every time in a ROAST OFF! Red Handed Jill wins hands down!

Michael_banner.jpg

mmmmmmm marshmallows.... I don't have any idea how many marshmallows I ate.... Conrad wins for best marshmallow cooking skills... he must have fed me a dozen perfect marshmallows Saturday evening.... sugary goodness.....mmmmmm

Nuh-huh.... The sommelier (Pronounced "Small-Eh" in Canadian) was the best Marshmallow roaster.. And I would bet on her every time in a ROAST OFF! Red Handed Jill wins hands down!

I don't think you had any of Conrad's hot.... roasted.... marshmallows.... you wouldn't know. I also got style points for marshmallow consumption... you have to work on that... you got goo all over your fingers, I didn't even use my hands. :lol:

Mickey, the whole lot of us were thrilled to be in your pants....er... be attached to your....ummm... I think I mean make buttons for you...

Seriously, you were an awesome sport.... I can't think of the last time that I've seen 4 women (me included) turn into obnoxious teenage girls picking on the little brother.... (which is essentially how the scene played out) lucky for you we didn't think of the dress although Melissa was trying to find some rouge for your cheeks... You were a fantastic Barbie doll (I would say a ken doll, but his hair was too short, so you get to be Barbie)

Did you say the cheque? Are you sure you don't mean the stays? the mantua? the any of the things i don't want to sew? :) Those will keep me quiet so much longer than money. Just remember, there are still pictures of you Sunday morning...

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Conrad's roasted marshmellows were pretty tasty. And Michael, you win the prize for best hair post-Raid. :lol:

It was great meeting you all (finally, I met the Pirates of the Coast!), and I should have pics and an account up in my blog in a day or two.

For now, I'm off to have a gander at Diosa's pics. I love the ones with the bikers. :D

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I saw pics ..... Mike .... pretty girl.

Girls were all prettier girls, tho'.

Sorry to hear about your "rash" behavior Hurricane.

Hope there were more "haters" of the two of your "Chargers"

As always I can stop the hate.

Sorry I missed it, looks like a good turnout.

Jim

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

Conrad's roasted marshmellows were pretty tasty. And Michael, you win the prize for best hair post-Raid. :lol:

It was great meeting you all (finally, I met the Pirates of the Coast!), and I should have pics and an account up in my blog in a day or two.

For now, I'm off to have a gander at Diosa's pics. I love the ones with the bikers. :D

Sophia, It was also a pleasure to get to see and spend time with you this time around. Also, there would be quite a few more pics of you if you didn't have your blasted eyes shut all the time! I swear over 50% of the shots I had of you ended up with your eyes shut! How the heck did you see where you were going with that pike?!?!?!?!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

LOL! I tell yah it's a family curse, but the plus side is I can see with my eyes open (hence, no tripping with the pike). :lol:

I like the pics yah did post though. Heck, all of the pics are great! It was great meeting you and Hurricane and your crewe.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I was on the side with the most sun (at the end). We were squinting for the cameras half the time. :D

Edited by Cpt Sophia M Eisley

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Hey there! It was great seeing you to Sophia. We must play together again soon.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Michael,

How are those shoes I gave you working for you? I think the black ones looked great with your kit. They obviously were a bit small for me but Loyalist had inadvertently sent them to me last year by mistake and no one claimed them. Sad, since they were the smashing looking black leather ones instead of the suede. Shame no one else claimed them.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Michael,

How are those shoes I gave you working for you? I think the black ones looked great with your kit. They obviously were a bit small for me but Loyalist had inadvertently sent them to me last year by mistake and no one claimed them. Sad, since they were the smashing looking black leather ones instead of the suede. Shame no one else claimed them.

-- Hurricane

They fit like a glove!!! If you think they looked good with my early period gear, you should see how sharp they are with my Queen Anne Red Coat gear!

I'm glad Loyalist shipped those to you! I hope you put the cash I gave to you for them to good use. I'm still glowing from what was an amazing event and the joy of now being the proud owner of not just one, but two pairs of the Loyalist Arms shoes!

Sophia, it was so much fun to spend time with you again. Your gear is looking brilliant, you were a brilliant pike man.

Michael_banner.jpg

Glad you liked them. I know that they were originally someone else's... I just can't recall. I'm glad they found a new owner... especially one of my fellow mates on pyracy. I don't know why they ever ended up with me.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

:P:P:P:P:P:P Wot ever they said about me, my dear Lady Kate, believe not a wurd o it. I am as pure as the driven snow, really!!!!! Just ask me!!! ;)

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Damn yet another fyne event I missed. Practically in me own back yard too. Well I'm glad you all had fun. Sorry to have missed it.

Aye, I am pretty sure we just need to come over that way, kidnap you and not let you free until you are at the event (although if Sterling shows up you may not even be freed then....)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Okay Diosa. I think this picture needs some sort of explanation…

Part 1 of the explanation is that he is 'Dead Man #1' as Kate and I labeled him. He happened to die in the area where Kate and I were taking pictures....so I stood over him for a few minutes discussing CPR options and he desperately tried to control laughing. Kate then joined in and we went into detail about the stripping of him...and then just taking his things and leaving him naked and in St Augustine with no payoff... etc etc... I am pretty sure we abused the poor dead man for about 10 minutes....

Part 2 was me asking him to put me out of my misery for having to wear the blasted cap :) Just because I can dress the part (kind of) doesn't mean I am going to behave. <_<

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Part 2... Was me asking him to put me out of my misery for having to wear the blasted cap :). Just because I can dress the part (kind of) doesn't mean I am going to behave. <_<

Hmmm...Now who in the world have I heard this reasoning from...Well, I guess I'm not the only Mistress that Captain Sterling will scold now. <_<

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"