Pirates: By Roman Polanski

Jib

I had a friend, who knew I did pirate entertainment, suggest this movie. I thought I had heard that it was just a non-stop comedy, the type of movie I have to be in a mood for. I have discovered that while being far from serious it is an entertaining film.

I had a friend, who knew I did pirate entertainment, suggest this movie. I thought I had heard that it was just a non-stop comedy, the type of movie I have to be in a mood for. I have discovered that while being far from serious it is an entertaining film.

It is one of my personal favorites, but I always recommend seeing with a large group of people. Somehow it is far more fun with a big group. We watch it every few years for Talk Like a Pirate Day.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Been since the 80s since last I watched it but loved it! Absolutely hilarious! :blink:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

For me, it's kind of a sleeper of a movie - only seeing bits an pieces over the years, it didn't really seem to have much energy and slipped under my radar.

But I watched it recently and was pleasantly surprised. Walter Matthau does a frick'n amazing pyrate! Who knew? And the costumes alone are great to look at.

Maybe it would have done better at the box office if it had car chases, gun battles and space aliens or something. It's a very fun movie and I recommend seeing it.