A little gift to myself

Duchess

gallery_249_74_531934.jpg

A couple of things I've picked up in the last month or so...

The top two are VZ24 Mausers, they don't look like much but the actions are pristine(under the grime). :unsure: I'm going to sporterize one and keep the other military.

The bottom is a semi sporterized Arisaka. Say what you will about them, but I'm a fan...

They are selling cheap mossy somethings.... old Russian guns..... about $100.00....

Anyway, I wanted to get one to modify... I figured they were common enough that I wouldn't be messing with a real collectable....

But then as I was looking for information, the arguement about preserving old guns got int the way....

So now I guess I gotta find an already messed up (as far as pristine collectable) gun to play with......

Missed the gun show in Angels camp.... bu I'm kinda sure I can find one...... :unsure:

They are selling cheap mossy somethings.... old Russian guns..... about $100.00....

Anyway, I wanted to get one to modify... I figured they were common enough that I wouldn't be messing with a real collectable....

I'd tell you to have at it. The world, as in the planet earth, has Mosin Nagant's everywhere. It's a discussion of what markings on what rifles that gives them much value these days.

For example the most numerous of the many different types, the Model 91/30, there were 13-14 million made as a low estimate. Total production of all variants would be over 25 million with even over 30 million possible.

Compared that to the M-1 Rifle of around 5.5 million made.

So, they are cheap and no real history impact of re-configuring one these days. Plus, they can be very good shooters! Some of the best shooting rifles I have ever fired are Mosin's, then again, I can also say some of the worst rifles I ever fired were Mosins! LMAO

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!