A Pirate's Friendly Insult Thread

Hawk the QM

Uh, could I have that in pig-latin <snip>

AYeyay Avastyay ! Yeay Ortpay Olehay Uggingplay Arotpay Ankerspay Onsay ofyay ayay Enchway eastlay Iyay akemay arkshay aitbay ofyay yeay! Atwhay aysay yeay othingnay? I'llyay osstay yaray eepshay agginshay arseyay overyay ethay idesay arwhay onlyyay anyay Albatrossyay Ugginghay Easuretray Opperdray ebay Awaitinyay yeay inyay ethay Ockerlay! YArrray! Allyay isthay ebay erfay yeay otnay owingknay enwhay otay eepkay yeay attleray oxbay utshay aforeyay emay Aptcay.! Afteryay allyay ityay asway youay omwhay eppedstay onyay oardbay ithway youray Eftlay Ootfay irstfay, OTNAY EYEyay! Ustjay Ieday yeay ellybay awlincray otway itbay ilversay ollarday! Ybay ethay Owerspay ethay Evilday aketay yeay, oughthay ehay imselfhay esiresday etterbay ompanycay!

Is that a tear? No, I think my eyes are bleeding. Good show mate.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now a pirate, by definition, is the scum of the earth.

I disagree. But, a lot depends upon just who precisely is doing the defining.

If, by the mere label of "pyrate" one becomes the "scum of the earth", then I grant your point but note that it is therefore meaningless.

I counter that one need not necessarily become debased for simply living outside the law.

Now a pirate, by definition, is the scum of the earth.

I disagree. But, a lot depends upon just who precisely is doing the defining.

If, by the mere label of "pyrate" one becomes the "scum of the earth", then I grant your point but note that it is therefore meaningless.

I counter that one need not necessarily become debased for simply living outside the law.

Thank you for the counter, mate.

I would say that living outside the law would be living outside the jurisdiction of a specified society. Be it an island or neutral zone and having no government to dictate your actions.

A pirate lives by disobeying the "laws of conduct" by attacking ships and stealing what they would want. An honest dollar is hard to make and "criminal" acts would be the only other way.

It's romantic to think of a pirate as Robin Hood but that is hardly the case. Even if a thief has a giant heart and steals from the rich to give to the poor, he is still a thief. I also say the spirit of the pirate would be for ones personal gain. Otherwise you have a privateer, who is arguably the true scum. Stealing from another FOR another who is not the one in a desperate situation is just disgusting.

Edited by Thequartermaster

Thank you for the counter, mate.

I would say that living outside the law would be living outside the jurisdiction of a specified society. Be it an island or neutral zone and having no government to dictate your actions.

A pirate lives by disobeying the "laws of conduct" by attacking ships and stealing what they would want. An honest dollar is hard to make and "criminal" acts would be the only other way.

It's romantic to think of a pirate as Robin Hood but that is hardly the case. Even if a thief has a giant heart and steels from the rich to give to the poor, he is still a thief. I also say the spirit of the pirate would be for ones personal gain. Otherwise you have a privateer.

Hmmm...we may be coming from differing angles here.

I'm hardly being romantic, my motive being personal gain and the greater enjoyment of life. But that I take by force or guile that what I want from others who before me took the same by force or guile; or that I enjoy wenches, drink, and music, is hardly cause that I become a boor.

Strategically speaking, when about towne I do my best to engage in such pursuits without attracting undo attention to myself. Not all of us are swinging through the rigging to a Rob Zombie soundtrack types, some pyrates are more Baroque...

Edited by Quartermaster James

Not all of us are swinging through the rigging to a Rob Zombie soundtrack types, some pyrates are more Baroque...

Haha you got me there mate!

Scum of the earth should be taken loosely. A hero is just a hero to some but the villain to others.

You are helping me understand and cope with the D-Pirate indirectly as we speak. So I must thank you.

You are helping me understand and cope with the D-Pirate indirectly as we speak. So I must thank you.

It would be unwise to mistake us for D-Pirates.

We're more the "I'm here to kidnap your children and sell them in slave market" set. Really, unless you meant something else entirely by having them ready in time for dinner...

I hope I haven't fallen into the D-Pirate definition.

We're more the "I'm here to kidnap your children and sell them in slave market" set. Really, unless you meant something else entirely by having them ready in time for dinner...

Ha! No, I do not believe you are a D-Pirate, my friend. You have too much character for that.

Perhaps the D-Pirate is just in my head and no one truly falls under this term. Maybe it's better to title a pirate a D-Pirate for only the moment they judge someone for being "over the edge". It may be better to temporarily label them as such similar to revoking the man card from a fellow who is uses a man purse at the time. To be reinstated later when the feminine spirit has left. (I will feel bad if you carry a man purse, mate)

Ha! No, I do not believe you are a D-Pirate, my friend. You have too much character for that.

Thank you. Right back atcha.

Perhaps the D-Pirate is just in my head and no one truly falls under this term.

Well, I did just note your locale. You could be experiencing a certain localized phenomenon.

(I will feel bad if you carry a man purse, mate)

Possibles pouch & game bag in the field, snap sack in town...got to have some way to carry the take.

Possibles pouch & game bag in the field, snap sack in town...got to have some way to carry the take.

Sacks, duffel bags, pouches, COIN purses and satchels are in.

Prada and fanny packs are right out!

edit:

Well I fell better now. :rolleyes:

Edited by Thequartermaster

If I understand this correctly then this is nothing more then standing before an officer of the law with your fingers in your ears, shouting "La la la la la, I can't hear you!"

:rolleyes:

Yes, by all means, if that's what you want to do with your autonomy.

But we digress, shouldn't we be lobbing insults, you malodorous heap of parrot droppings?

But we digress, shouldn't we be lobbing insults, you malodorous heap of parrot droppings?

Quite,

Your banter reminds me of a pleasant outing I once had. I was at the zoo and a monkey was making kissy lips against the glass.

(I forgot to mention, the insult thread is not limited to pirate speak)

Your banter reminds me of a pleasant outing I once had. I was at the zoo and a monkey was making kissy lips against the glass.

Great Neptune's man nipples! You were outed by a monkey!

Timbers were shivered with that thought.

Impossible says I, It's the natural instinct to peel fruit which be a might bit too painful for me.

If God were to grant you half a brain extra, it would die of loneliness.

Not all of us are swinging through the rigging to a Rob Zombie soundtrack types, some pyrates are more Baroque...

Aye. Agreed. Personalities range too far afield for me to place labels. I avoid labels when I can. If I had to use any description I would use convincing or not convincing. I look at Cascabel and think, convincing. Braze, convincing. Edward O'Keefe, convincing. Jim Warren, convincing. Haunting Lily, convincing.

Patrick Hand, oh so very convincing.

Besides, you have pressed pirates, who took...or were rather taken...to the sea. You have pirates who were labeled thus by slander, libel or some other malediction. You have pirates that were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Strangest of all are those pirates that carried a sword in one hand and a bible in the other. Several pirates in history refrained from drink and lechery for religious reasons, but were not above slaughtering entire crews without a second thought. And you have the bloodthirsty, devil-may-care, half way to the noose 12 hours out of every 24. Too many kinds for labels.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

All thought is immoral. Its very essence is destruction. If you think of anything, you kill it. Nothing survives being thought of. I am afraid that you have been listening to the conversation of someone older than yourself. That is always a dangerous thing to do, and if you allow it to degenerate into a habit, you will find it absolutely fatal to any intellectual development. However, I think anything is better than high intellectual pressure. That is the most unbecoming thing there is. It makes the noses of the young girls so particularly large. I am afraid that we are beginning to be over-educated; at least everybody who is incapable of learning has taken to teaching -that is really what our enthusiasm for education has come to. Ah! that quite does for me. I haven't a word to say... Too much care was taken with our education, I am afraid. To have been well brought up is a great drawback nowadays. It shuts one out from so much.

All thought is immoral. Its very essence is destruction. If you think of anything, you kill it. Nothing survives being thought of. I am afraid that you have been listening to the conversation of someone older than yourself. That is always a dangerous thing to do, and if you allow it to degenerate into a habit, you will find it absolutely fatal to any intellectual development. However, I think anything is better than high intellectual pressure. That is the most unbecoming thing there is. It makes the noses of the young girls so particularly large. I am afraid that we are beginning to be over-educated; at least everybody who is incapable of learning has taken to teaching -that is really what our enthusiasm for education has come to. Ah! that quite does for me. I haven't a word to say... Too much care was taken with our education, I am afraid. To have been well brought up is a great drawback nowadays. It shuts one out from so much.

^

Headlights

:unsure:

^

Deer

Yaaaaar It's like he sent me an email letting me know to call him so that he can notify me of a letter being sent on his behalf stating that I'm an idiot.

:unsure:

Tis the insult & banter forum, no?

Charming conversation it has been! Quite reminds me of old days. And I see that there are just as many fools in society as there used to be. So pleased to find that nothing has altered!

Don't fret, mate. He always talks like that.

Unless he's had a bit too much rum, is tied to a post, and being flogged by several wenches. I know, I have the pictures. :unsure:

(In true pyratical style, Jamie, if you want the negatives, it's going to cost you.)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

(In true pyratical style, Jamie, if you want the negatives, it's going to cost you.)

Cost? I've been waiting two years for you to post them on the web. All press is good press...

Besides, I'm a bit past shame by now.

It is absurd to divide people into good or bad. People are either charming or tedious.