A Pirate's Friendly Insult Thread

Hawk the QM

I hope this is where I should put this thread as it seems the most suitable for my request.

Would the mods be so kind as to consider the possibility to add a Pirate Banter and Insult forum. Not a place to just be a jerk but a place to better ones skills at the art of bantering.

Nothing is worse then being face to face with a pirate and have no other abilities then to stare blankly as they cut you by a razor sharp tongue and wit. I find it just as essential as learning sword play and small arms in today's pirate world. This forum would be the place for all to vent on the willing instead of blind siding the innocent. Also would serve as a good ranting forum for any and all things that are truly too irritating to stay quiet about.

If this is a possibility then I also ask that it is led by the least PC and toughest skinned Mod that you have in your arsenal. This person would more then likely come under fire and they must hold their own to keep this a truly great forum.

It would also lessen the strain of the "Beyond Pyracy" forum as that's where most of this type of stuff ends up.

Thank you and Yaaaaaar

The QM

edit:

I probably should have guessed that the mods are busy enough as is. I would like to ask that you place me in charge of this possible forum if that is agreeable.

You will slowly gain more members from the "younger" crowd into the pub whom are more rambunctious and I am proof of that. I would really enjoy a place for us Party Pirates to blab without wrapping you into it. The calmer waters of the usual pub experience is very nice but in time the popularity of pirates will draw more like myself.

Just a thought and still a humble request.

Edited by Thequartermaster

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!

What? Wrong forum? Sorry.

Well, here then are a couple of places from which to start:

Captain Haddock Insult Generator

Shakespearean Insulter

And, forget not The Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue.

Edited by Quartermaster James

A couple of places from which to start:

Captain Haddock Insult Generator

Shakespearean Insulter

And, forget not The Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue.

Great teaching tools and a wonderful place to start a new forum with. =)

You won't learn a new language from a book nearly as well then with a live teacher.

edit:

I like the way you edit QM James.

Thank you...it's just that the brilliance usually arrives a moment after I hit the submit button...

Likewise.

Well it was worth a shot anyway. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

pirates shouldnt be this nice. =)

Well, scupper me hide and ram me into a mortar-piece! Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue is online?! I was looking at that back in college...tried to make photocopies of it, but didn't have enuff geld. Gotta keep this find!

Damn, thats sharp!

Well, scupper me hide and ram me into a mortar-piece! Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue is online?!

I've been looking at it for most of the day. It seems like some kind of weird alien language as most of these words have shifted meaning over time.

Really funny though. I've have been both The Admiral of the Narrow Sea and have been on the other end too. =(

Well... it wouldn't be a new forum, but a new thread or topic.... Just by starting it, you become kinda in charge.... well if it gets outta hand, then a moderator would have to step in....

POST NEW TOPIC.... you already figured that out.......Find a good place for it, The CROW'S NEST might not be the best place :lol: ... but the Moderator can move it for you...post the rules (you kinda gots to keep it sorta PG-13....) and have at it....

You know, way back when I first joined the Pub, I started a thread called Pyrate Insults, or something like that. Posts to keep to PG-13, and it ran for a while. The insults ran more to:

"Ya bilge swilling, keg-headed, son of a hermit crab." (Tame, by Jamie's standards :lol: )

But it was fun.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

You know, way back when I first joined the Pub, I started a thread called Pyrate Insults, or something like that. Posts to keep to PG-13, and it ran for a while. The insults ran more to:

"Ya bilge swilling, keg-headed, son of a hermit crab." (Tame, by Jamie's standards :lol: )

But it was fun. You just have to make sure stuff doesn't get too nasty, or too personal.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Hugh.... I don't 'member that one......

Startin' a thread is easy 'nough......but you do become responsible fer it..... hey... ask me... I started the single men's thread,,, and it got kinda outta hand..... Well not too bad... but now I'm kinda morally responsible to keep it fun and not too dirty......

I hope this is where I should put this thread as it seems the most suitable for my request.

Would the mods be so kind as to consider the possibility to add a Pirate Banter and Insult forum. Not a place to just be a jerk but a place to better ones skills at the art of bantering.

Nothing is worse then being face to face with a pirate and have no other abilities then to stare blankly as they cut you by a razor sharp tongue and wit....

Aye, but it would be wise t' naught allow th' women kind t' wear corsets for if they do they will 'cut ye down with sharp razor tongue' AND stare blankly....'n that be a stare'n contest I have never been able t' win! :D

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Ah-harr...git yee gone, ye mock manned tailor fer a trade, ye crossgrained bone idled crowin' grass combin' half masted foul lived paltry officious sluggard soul. Ye should be dead an quite beyond it, ye gallowsy spindle shanked twopenny. Enough of this stump winged attempt of spiritless epitaphs, by one so dawcocked an scupperlout. Trounce the devilment out of ye I will, and no bones 'bout it says I.

:rolleyes:

(translation...a banter was started over in crewes...Archangel crewe...under ...bowsin ken......).. :huh:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Ooo, I like Scupperlout. Going to have to remember that one! :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

AYe Avast ! Ye Port Hole Plugging Parot Spanker Son of a Wench least I make shark bait of ye! What say ye nothing? I'll toss yar sheep shaggin arse over the side whar only an Albatross Hugging Treasure Dropper be Awaitin ye in the Locker! YArrr! All this be fer ye not knowing when to keep ye rattle box shut afore me Capt.! After all it was you whom stepped on board with your Left Foot first, NOT EYE! Just Die ye belly crawlin two bit silver dollar! By the Powers the Devil take ye, though he himself desires better company!

Don't ask me to say all that in Person! LoL.

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

AYe Avast ! Ye Port Hole Plugging Parot Spanker Son of a Wench least I make shark bait of ye! What say ye nothing? I'll toss yar sheep shaggin arse over the side whar only an Albatross Hugging Treasure Dropper be Awaitin ye in the Locker! YArrr! All this be fer ye not knowing when to keep ye rattle box shut afore me Capt.! After all it was you whom stepped on board with your Left Foot first, NOT EYE! Just Die ye belly crawlin two bit silver dollar! By the Powers the Devil take ye, though he himself desires better company!

Don't ask me to say all that in Person! LoL.

Uh, could I have that in pig-latin you spoofy wiff of a man?

Uh, could I have that in pig-latin <snip>

AYeyay Avastyay ! Yeay Ortpay Olehay Uggingplay Arotpay Ankerspay Onsay ofyay ayay Enchway eastlay Iyay akemay arkshay aitbay ofyay yeay! Atwhay aysay yeay othingnay? I'llyay osstay yaray eepshay agginshay arseyay overyay ethay idesay arwhay onlyyay anyay Albatrossyay Ugginghay Easuretray Opperdray ebay Awaitinyay yeay inyay ethay Ockerlay! YArrray! Allyay isthay ebay erfay yeay otnay owingknay enwhay otay eepkay yeay attleray oxbay utshay aforeyay emay Aptcay.! Afteryay allyay ityay asway youay omwhay eppedstay onyay oardbay ithway youray Eftlay Ootfay irstfay, OTNAY EYEyay! Ustjay Ieday yeay ellybay awlincray otway itbay ilversay ollarday! Ybay ethay Owerspay ethay Evilday aketay yeay, oughthay ehay imselfhay esiresday etterbay ompanycay!