A new game its called Name that Flintlock

D.man

http://www.muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com/europeanpistolsets.html check out the european pistol sets. Well worth the money and very well made.

As for the indian made pistols and muskets, most are one in the same, are they not? Loyalist and Middlesex and most others for that matter purchase from the same company... http://www.hhandco.com/guns.htm Now before you get all excited and hit em up for a two pistol order, don't bother. Like loyalist and middlesex, you have to put in a rather large order and the pieces you purchase will need a ton of work. I don't mind smoking the barrels, but I would never blow a ball out of any of my india replicas no matter who set them up. My two cents.

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Yes Sir, I owned one of those and the only problem I had was the Pan would not flip open when the flint struck the Hammer. Turns out it was the tang (or whatever it's called) under the Hammer. Ground a bit of that away, and worked a charm.

Quite a common problem with these reproduction guns, and this is certainly a viable solution.

The culprit is very often an overly stiff and overly strong frizzen spring.

Trimming the cam will effectively reduce the pressure. Another approach, not for the faint of heart, is to slightly deflect the spring beyond its normal range of compression. The key word here is "slightly." Both of these fixes can ruin the part if not properly performed.

Sometimes it is poor lock geometry and the gun can be made operational simply with a longer flint or by seating the flint more forward in the jaws.

Just ran across that site last night....http://www.muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com...

Nice components they offer as well....Pricey...but....If yer an acomplished gun maker, ya can make a beauty ta fit yer personal needs. Quality locks and barrels...That's what makes a good gun. I would guess their completed guns to average in the 7-800. dollar range. I haven't inquired yet on finished guns but I think my next personal gun will be one of their kits......I've never had any issues with all the guns I've purchased from Middlesex...Just put the right size flint in and yer firing. The Murdochs have a really heavy mainspring creating a hellish trigger pull, but that was my only issue with any of their guns....I don't even mess with mainsprings....I'd leave that to the more qualified amongst us like Cascabel and Callenish.... I won't buy Spanish or Japanese...Period...in regards to guns......I do like Pedersoli's Queen Annes and Bessies but, like Patrick says it all depends on what ya can afford ta spend and how much ya wanna mess with em,or somethin' like that...One time I traded a buffalo robe for a cusom built left handed Queen Anne cape gun, 20 ga., made special for my ex psycho-alchohlic girlfrind...God what a beauty....The gun not the girl....Wish I stil had the gun....One of a kind, handmade lock,stock,and barrel....Light as a feather....God only knows what happened to it...Barrel is marked "Tidwell"....Oh well....

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

If the Queen anne pistol appeared on your door step, would this mean that your crazy ex girlfriend would be holding the said pistol? hahaha..Close your blinds!!

Cape Gun, Cape Gun.....But if it showed up on my porch, she'd probably be holding it. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the weapon either. Ya see... I'd have ta kill her....And they don't allow weapons in prison....But God....That was a pretty weapon....Kenneth bein' from the south valley ye might of heard of her maker...Paul Tidwell... He lived in B'field before movin' to Oklahoma... Hellava gunsmith and craftsman....

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

• 3 months later...

Just ran across that site last night....http://www.muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com...

Nice components they offer as well....Pricey...but....If yer an acomplished gun maker, ya can make a beauty ta fit yer personal needs. Quality locks and barrels...That's what makes a good gun. I would guess their completed guns to average in the 7-800. dollar range. I haven't inquired yet on finished guns but I think my next personal gun will be one of their kits......I've never had any issues with all the guns I've purchased from Middlesex...Just put the right size flint in and yer firing. The Murdochs have a really heavy mainspring creating a hellish trigger pull, but that was my only issue with any of their guns....I don't even mess with mainsprings....I'd leave that to the more qualified amongst us like Cascabel and Callenish.... I won't buy Spanish or Japanese...Period...in regards to guns......I do like Pedersoli's Queen Annes and Bessies but, like Patrick says it all depends on what ya can afford ta spend and how much ya wanna mess with em,or somethin' like that...One time I traded a buffalo robe for a cusom built left handed Queen Anne cape gun, 20 ga., made special for my ex psycho-alchohlic girlfrind...God what a beauty....The gun not the girl....Wish I stil had the gun....One of a kind, handmade lock,stock,and barrel....Light as a feather....God only knows what happened to it...Barrel is marked "Tidwell"....Oh well....

Murdoch pistols have a heavy pull for a reason - they have no trigger guard. Every one that I have had in stock has had a hard pull, I have to think it's intentionally a safety measure.

ihtcbanner.jpg