SteamPunk events

RedJessi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chain Shot and I will be bringing our Airship Pyrate garb to Nor Cal, so we'll be ready to play. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Post in the Steampunk Forum (Brass goggles) and let alla the bay area Steampunks know wot we are doing.....(and I've met a lot of them they are nice people like us Pyrates...)

The Sage Lion (Pyracy Pub Member) sells goggles for Steampunk here's his website:

Sage Lion's Goggles

He does good work and can be depended upon to deliver by agreed to dates.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I know you were thinking about going to the Ball at one time.

I still would like to go, but with Burning Man and PiP, and alla th' other stuff I'm doing, I don't know when I'll be able to make it.....

I still gotta ask Clair.... but so far it looks like an all ahead ... fast forward..... We gots it kinda GO thing.....

Find the Tales of the Seven Seas Camp on Sunday at the Northern California Pirate Festival ...... because ...One ye'll find the greatest buncha Pyrates ye could ever wanna meet.

But...

Two.... off to one side of the camp will be the sexiest buncha Airship Pyrate ye ever wanna meet......

Hey... Two fer th' price of one..... woah... wot more can ye ask fer....?

Hey Patrick ..Tell Clair Oderlesseye will be thar..would like to hang out with the TO7S again.. Thanx

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Oh, good! I was hoping you'd be there again, Eyes. I'm sure the young girl at the Pyrate Pizza will be thrilled to assist you with your, umm, facial skin condition again! B)

(That really was incredibly funny)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Ransom, Yes! And eye likewise look forward to seeing you, Chain Shot,Patrick,Dman,Claire,Mr. Smee, and the rest of the crew... My Wife is coming as is The Capt. of Stranglehold Capt. Syn And his , Marogga Dune. Most Likely eye will get to go on the firing line this tyme once I make arrangements for black powder...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Ransom, Yes! And eye likewise look forward to seeing you, Chain Shot,Patrick,Dman,Claire,Mr. Smee, and the rest of the crew... My Wife is coming as is The Capt. of Stranglehold Capt. Syn And his , Marogga Dune. Most Likely eye will get to go on the firing line this tyme once I make arrangements for black powder...

I don't know if you guys are camping, or staying at a motel, but the Best Western in Benicia is really nice, and has a great free continental breakfast each morning, so it saves you having to buy a meal. Also, the hotel is really close to the event. If you remember how we came off the freeway to go to the pizza place, we turned right. To get to the Best Western you just turn left instead. It's like maybe 5-10 minutes from the event. It would be kewl to sit around in the morning and share a meal before heading out for all the fun. ;)

It will also be fun to meet some of your Strangle Hold crewe, as we never get down to your neck of the woods, other than Ojai. Can't wait!!!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Excellent find dear lady!

Getting any ideas???

Here are just a few folks from Tombstone, NV having a great time doing a bit of Jules Verne...Journey to the Center of Tombstone this past weekend.

3421546828_559fc5ab59_o.jpg

3421601434_3125848bda_o.jpg

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Well...let's see. Here in Wisconsin we do have several places that offer pretty much of the same thing. There are the iron mines up north in Door Country area. Oh, and let us not forget Cave of the Mounds that isn't too far from Mount Horeb and the House on the Rock.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Another great shot from the gang in Tombstone, NV. Just wish the photo was just a bit clearer.

3421997386_a0d8359eef.jpg

Agreed!

I'm putting the venture to the House on the Rock into the works. I just needed to get a heads up for scheduling of this season. Especially for crew events....

I should have a ? soon as to the $ for the venture. So start getting yer gear together!!

sig2.jpg

Great News, Rats....

OK so here's my plan... they have package deals that include rooms and tickets to the attraction.

Saturday: Tour and venture the House on the Rock. Spend the night! This is good for party time and maybe LARP??

http://www.thehouseontherock.com/HOTR_Attr...GalleryShow.htm

http://www.thehouseontherock.com/HOTR_Attr...StayAndTour.htm

Sunday: Evacuate the house... then check out the Forevertron!!! http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2239

Both places are perfect for pics and ventures!!

sig2.jpg

Patrick,

I also had seen something on tv last year about Maker's Faire...another thing I would like to visit as well.

Also this past weekend I landed on Huel Howser and he was at the Coachella Valley Music Fest (a past one)...and I thought of Burning Man due to all the Artwork there...they had a Treehouse that looked def Steampunk...! Same expense almost as burning man 3-day pass 269 buckaroonies. Mostly a music and artwork event but some of the folks look def like Burning Man material. Have you gone before?

Coachella Music Fest

And it begins this Friday.

ooooh and I was right about guessing the treehouse was steampunk...

Steampunk Treehouse at Coachella Music Fest

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

I don't know.... I checked the link for the Coachella Valley Music Fest, and the list of what you can't do is way too long....(You can't bring in a mister, but they will sell you one..... ;) )

Burning Man also has a can't do list, but you are also living there the whole time.... (most of the can't do list has to do with Moop (Matter Out Of Place/garbage) and how to have fun without killing anyone......

I guess the difference between the two, is one has music and Art exhibits, stuff for you to look at, listen to, and buy.... and the other has music, Art exhibits, but you are a participant, not just a spectator.... ;)

Dang, that sounded a bit harsher than intended..... I really like the weirdness that happens at Burning Man, somehow, the Coachella Valley Music Fest just doesn't "strike " me as the same kinda thing.... ;)