SteamPunk events

RedJessi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh...can't wait to hear more, Rats.

Excellent you two!!

I've heard back from a couple folks on my end, and I'm putting the word out so that folks can throw some dates that "could" be open for scheduling.... So let me know when you folks might have an open weekend???

I will be in contact with the folks from the Rock with the info as to how much they'll be willing to allow us in the exhibit areas... (maybe some night tours and such??) I'll be sure to pass any additional info.... But this could really be fun!!!

I mean the place itself is like a living adventure!! Besides, with the folks we run with.... I'm almost afraid for the staff that works there!!

Also... after looking at the rates... we can also get a larger rooms that sleep like 6..... for an after venture..... party???

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Um. I'm packed. I have it mapquested. When are we going? ;)

That would be up to you folks!!

How does May 9th and 10th sound??

sig2.jpg

Waaah......no fair to us folks trapped on the West Coast! ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Waaah......no fair to us folks trapped on the West Coast! ;)

The madison airport is only 15 -20 minutes away from the Rock!!

sig2.jpg

Waaah......no fair to us folks trapped on the West Coast! <_<

Oi Rats, do us a favor, before Kitty and Obediah start packing their gear and gum, run dates past me... as the Crewe just won that little summer long gig in that place called Chicago... seems we are wanted for that event, not once but numerous times this summer... I will be posting more info in private crewe emails... Oh and the Blackbeard Festival sounds like it is going to be VERY BUSY for us so plan to roll a lot of cartridges and expect to do a lot of "hands on!" Thanks Bosun....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Waaah......no fair to us folks trapped on the West Coast! <_<

I know, but the airfare would kill us! :lol: Dang it!

Maybe you all can fly out for the SF Steampunk Convention? End of October, first of November? That would be kewl!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Can't....thats the weekend of our Santa Maria event. <_<

May 9 and 10 is Santa Maria??

Well in that case... I'll have to look into flights!!

sig2.jpg

Anyone open in July for some Steam-fly misbehavin'???

Seems like folks have dead time and the humidity is usually a bear. But since this place is inside???!!

Might be worth the trouble??

Maybe say..... July 11th and 12th??

Yes, please do, Rats. Let me know and I can arrange to pick you up at the airport!

sig2.jpg

Seems like folks have dead time and the humidity is usually a bear. But since this place is inside???!!

Yes, please do, Rats. Let me know and I can arrange to pick you up at the airport!

Hey Rats,

July is a for the most part clear and free... But July 11th 12th is the Lockehouse event in Maryland... If you could pick any other weekend in July it would make it easier for me (and maybe some others?).

Michael_banner.jpg

Ooh, I currently have a show scheduled for the first 3 weeks in July. Keep us posted.

Oh man!!!

You guys are killing meeee!!!!

Ok I'll see what else I can whip up!!

Ooh, I currently have a show scheduled for the first 3 weeks in July. Keep us posted.

sig2.jpg

Oh man!!!

You guys are killing meeee!!!!

Ok I'll see what else I can whip up!!

September is a blank slate! :rolleyes: Thank a ton for trying to put this together Rats! You rock!

Michael_banner.jpg

Alright you'se guys... :o

Let me know when folks have some free time... and might be able to make a trip???? ;)

I do have a roatating schedule and have certain days available... and with our other gigs happening.... just let me know!!

I think I have found an event that I need to be steampunky for.

http://www.congaloosh.org/

Sophia! Are ye with me??

sig2.jpg

I want to go to this one...

http://steampunkconvention.com/node/4

In trying to get more info, I discovered that this web site is now down. There is a facebook site, but with no real information on the 2009 con, other than possible bands.

Does anyone know if the lack of a website for the con is temporary? I kinda like to plan ahead of time for stuff. Also, I don't know how quick you'd have to get in your reservations —either for workshops or events.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I found this on another page, and was going to post a link, but couldn't find one, so I'm quoting the entire thing.....

I went to one of their Pyrate themed dances about 6 years ago, it was fun, but it is kind of a long drive for just a dance...

But I figured someone might find the info interesting....

Steampunk Ball in San Mateo, California, April 4, 2009

THE GIRL GENIUS VICTORIAN MAD SCIENCE BALL

A Steampunk/Gaslamp Fantasy Ball

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Masonic Lodge of San Mateo

Doors Open: 6:45p.m.

Dance Lesson: 7:00 p.m.

Dancing Begins: 8:00 p.m.

Tickets: $15.00 in advance (by March 28)

At the door: $20.00

Advance tickets may be ordered by sending a check or money order to:

PEERS

2144 B Buena Vista Ave

Alameda CA 94501

You may also purchase tickets until March 28 with a credit card using the PayPal system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don’t need to be a genius, a spark, or even a mad scientist to enjoy the Girl Genius Ball. Join us for an evening of adventure and dancing in Europa, home of Agatha Heterodyne, Baron Klaus Wulfenbach, and the irrpressable Jägermonsters. This is a Victorian Steampunk themed event. Imagine the Victorians with high technology: flight (often in Zeppelins), highly programmed “intelligent” robots, and computer-like machines.

Costumes can range from historically accurate Victorian costume (1840-1900) to Victorian attire with technological updates (leather corset bodices, crinolines that can be converted to step ladders, utili-kilts, etc.), to perky 19th century peasant garb in synch with the vaguely Germanic, vaguely Eastern European setting of the “Girl Genius” graphic novels.

PEERS is honoured to welcome Avalon Rising as our guest band for the evening. Celebrated for their brilliant arrangements of Medieval and Renaissance rock, Celtic and Celtic Fusion, Avalon Rising is a rock band equally at home playing Victorian and vintage ballroom dance music – and just about everything else. Dance music for the evening will range from wonderful 19th century waltzes, polkas, and mazurkas to Celtic reels and jigs, elegant Renaissance dance music, to straight-up rock. While some of the set dances are highly choreographed (and will be taught or called on the spot), some of the other dances are open to free-form styling. We’ve seen people dancing polkas, Irish Polka Sets, swing, and rock – all to the same Avalon Rising tune. Even if you think you can’t dance, you CAN dance to this band but there will also be a pre-ball dance lesson to help you get through the ballroom dances on the program.

Punch and a light snack buffet will be served throughout the evening (your potluck contributions are very welcome).

This isn't exactly Steampunk... and I posted it in making stuff.....but a lot of the stuff is, or can be used for Steampunk..... I went last year (first time I saw Abney Park) and there were a lot of steamers there.....

I'm going again this year......(and taking my camera this time...)

Check out the video.....

Makers Faire

http://makerfaire.com/#2

More info on ConGaloosh:

First, thank you ALL for your interest in the event! We are still working on more surprises and fun, but I wanted to address a question that I've been asked a few times regarding ConGaloosh 2009 and if attendees are required to book at the hotel in order to register for the event. . .

The event takes place over the weekend (9/25-9/27 2009) and does NOT require that you stay at the Royal Plaza (our host hotel).

We have two packages available for the ConGaloosh 2009:

Open House - (Saturday 9/26) features a 1937 themed "Adventurers Life is Best Banquet" which includes and Adventurers Club Cast Member Panel Discussion, PI Historian Discussion (different content that what was presented at the NFFC), "Always Dress for the Hunt" ConGaloosh Competition (spin your own tale of adventure) and more. .

(Cost $100)

HOOPLA! VIP Party (Friday 9/25) Includes ALL of the Open House Package PLUS: Dinner inside the Adventurers Club, entertainment by Adventurers Club Cast Members and TWO Library shows!

(Cost $225 - this is for BOTH the Open House and the HOOPLA event inside the Adventurers Club)

Our official all purpose website: www.congaloosh.org has details on our host hotel, The Royal Plaza, which does offer a special room rate of ONLY $99 per night for the event (A steal for an "on property" hotel) - however it is NOT required that you stay at the Royal Plaza to attend ConGaloosh 2009

Registration (via Pay Pal) should be going live in the next few weeks and will be available through our all purpose website. (We are waiting our web designer to return from Safari)

FYI - the board and staff of ConGaloosh 2009 is completely voluntary and does not make any money from the event (all staff are paying for their event attendance out of pocket). This not for profit organization has a "break even" budget. Should any funds be left over from the event, they will be put towards next year's ConGaloosh (or, in the event the club reopens, or the ConGaloosh Society Inc. dissolves, any remaining funds will be donated to charity)

The Congaloosh Society is a 501©3 Florida Not For Profit Corporation with a mission of educating and preserving interactive theater such as that of Walt Disney’s Adventurers Club. The Congalosh Society is not part of nor endorsed by the Walt Disney Company

QUOTE (William Red Wake @ Feb 21 2009, 10:18 PM) *

I want to go to this one...

http://steampunkconvention.com/node/4

I read that

In trying to get more info, I discovered that this web site is now down. There is a facebook site, but with no real information on the 2009 con, other than possible bands.

Does anyone know if the lack of a website for the con is temporary? I kinda like to plan ahead of time for stuff. Also, I don't know how quick you'd have to get in your reservations —either for workshops or events.

I read that there were some problems, and they might not be doing it this year.... but I haven't seen anything else about it.....

But I did find out about this one....

http://www.steam-con.com/

Hummm, that's a bummer about the SF con. However, the Seattle one looks to be pretty exciting. Maybe that's a possibility if the other one gets canceled?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I ain't checked with Clair (Pyrate Mom ( Tales of the Seven Seas)) bout if this is or can happen or not.....

Clair's cool, I don' know if the event promoters will let us do this or not......

But I know there are a few Pyrates that are interested....

But at the Northern California Pyrate Festival....

What I want to have happen... On Saturday... I'm going to be a Pyrate (1720's)... but on Sunday... I wanna play Airship Pyrate.....and set-up a place for Steampunk Pyrates to get-to-gather.... Tale of the Seven Seas hosting a place fer Steampunk Airship Pyrates to be.....that sorta thing.......

Post in the Steampunk Forum (Brass goggles) and let alla the bay area Steampunks know wot we are doing.....(and I've met a lot of them they are nice people like us Pyrates...)

Drat... I gots ter write out a collage kinda paper ter make th' proposal kinda work..... I gots it in me mind.. I know it would be cool... Just gotta write it all out nice and pretty......

Heck.. I think it's a good idea.... Anyone else going to the Northern California Pyrate Festival think the same?