SteamPunk events

RedJessi

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Boy... so much to do and finish before Nor. Cal..... (wot... less than three weeks....)

But, it's goinna be awesome...... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... it turns out that we can't do a tent/welcome center for Steampunk Pyrates at Nor. Cal. on Sunday...........

But being a good an' proper Pyrate. wot I be.... I say the 'ell wit them wot don't knows any better.... And I still will be an Airship Pyrate on Sunday......(an' a damn fyne good lookin' one at that....)

So I can't set-up a Steampunk tent/welcome center for non-Golden Age Pyrates.....

Now I'm PISSED....

'bout three days to see how many Airship Pyrates want ter invade a farb fest........

A CALL TO ARMS.... fer all AIRSHIP PYRATES.......

Let's show them wot fer.......

(that part from Animal House... about the German's bombing Purl Harbor would fit in so nicely right about here.........)

I wsooooo wanna post something nasty about the chunka shot wot says I can't set-up an Airship Pyrate Camp at Nor. Cal....

I have two choices.... not go.... (the safest)

or go there and confront that piece of low life.....

Yeah - we've been gnashing our teeth over this one. The pirates of Emerson can do zombie pirates but we can't do airship pirates.

We've basically been told we can't do Steampunk in our camp but if you want to walk around as a member of the "public" as an airship pirate and if other steampunk enthusiasts just happen to want to hang out in the Tales camp...

RHJMap.jpg

Come on Patt. No one knows why the event changed their minds, but even if it was Ace, why let him win? Don't let one guy spoil our fun. You have all the other steamers still planning on showing up Sunday to hang out with us. We can wear our airship stuff and still have fun, if we're smart about it.

Besides, I've been looking forward to that kilt tilting. How am I gonna do that if you don't show up? :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Calm down, Patt. Don't let one guy, who may or may not be the reason for the issue you're upset about, spoil the event for everyone. It's going to be fun, and I really hope you change your mind and come, as you had planned. You'll be missed if you stay home. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

When I first heard that I couldn't set-up an Airship Pyrate Camp, I was kinda pissed, but then took some time to think about it, and figured..... hey... I'll just dress that way on Sunday as planned this year, and maybe next year they will let us do something.....

But to find out who was behind it...... well.... like I typed, I can't go now..... I'd hurt someone......

I am above just being pissed.......

Well, I hope between now and Saturday you change your mind. It's a shame that you would let one guy ruin the fun for a whole group of people who were looking forward to playing. I'm still taking our airship pyrate stuff, so if you do change your mind, we'll be ready.

It really is a shame, and I can understand why you're angry. But...if you must shoot him, do it with your new ray gun! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Sorry Patrick, but that's pretty weak. If you have legitimate news about why this festival shouldn't be supported, then share it. If you have a personal greivance that's not appropriate for public discussion, then keep it to yourself. But to ask anyone to cancel their plans of attending NorCal simply based on your unsupported statement is unfair to all involved.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Yeah, you're absolutely right....I posted that in a fit of rage...

It's more than likely I'm reacting to a rumor, but unfortunately, the damage is already done, and true or not, I won't be going so I don't get into trouble.

I'm just going to drop the matter and continue with other projects.

Steampunk Pyrates are greatly welcomed at the Pyrate Daze event, Sept. 19-20. The metal-hulled, smoked-stacked QUEEN MARY, rivets and all, will make a great background for Airship Piracy.

Saturday will be more focused on historical pyrates, but Sunday will celebrate and honor Airship/Steampunk Pyrates. The headliner band for the Masquerade Ball on Saturday night is Abney Park, who have the song "Airship Pyrates", heard on Bilgemunky Radio.

Here's an event that celebrates and welcomes Steampunk Pyracy! Make plans to come, rather than trying to invade events that want to focus more on historical piracy.

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

• 9 months later...

Wild hair moment. Looks like Chain Shot and I are headed for Seattle come April. Nice birthday prezzy! :rolleyes:

Abney Park Circus at the End of the World Concert

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Back from Seattle late yesterday afternoon. What a grand time! Seattle is beautiful, and the concert was a blast...

It took place in a refurbished warehouse, which was fairly small. The concert sold out. Abney Park did one set, then took a break while a man and woman did a fire-eating act, which was very impressive. Next was a lady doing a very gymnastic act with a large hoop hanging from a beam in the ceiling. There was also a carnival barker doing all the introductions, and also singing. Then Abney Park came back on, and really rocked the house. During their last song,two rappers came on stage, and were rapping AP songs, while AP kept going. The place was hoppin'! We were about three feet from the front of the stage, which was great, as we could see and hear the interaction between the band members between songs. It was pretty funny, as Captain Robert's steamy microphone stand slowly fell apart over the course of the last set. And lead guitarist/violinist, Nathanial, was killer that night.

Most surprising moment? When the first blast of the bass hit the room...I expected the windows to shatter, and thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest. I actually held my hand over my chest, as if it would! Very bizzar feeling. Made me wonder if anyone ever had a heart attack during a concert. Seriously, with all that vibration going through your system, something has to happen! If I had any trace of kidney stones, they are long gone! LOL

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

CYPHAN Convention!

Here is is folks! The midwest's own Sci-fi and fantasy convention!!

http://www.cyphan.com/

We're talking Stormtroopers! Steamers! Fireflyers! Demon Hunter! With a fully functional and "visually correct" starwars styled cantena! Not to mention guests like Jewel Staite and Nicki Clyne, a Browncoat bash with Jewel Staite (Which should be renamed The Browncoat Kaylee!) and a Saturday night Imperial Ball where everyone "Plans to misbehave..." you would be a gorram fool to miss it!!

Yours truly (That's me... Rats)will also be running the "Jail and Bail" bounty hunting for charity!!!

So don't miss this opportunity to meet some of the best folks in the Verse!!

Check out the website and and make port before we're sold out!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

• 1 month later...