Heading for Major Surgery

Rumba Rue

Well now it's my turn for surgery.

On Thursday morning, Feb. 19th, my back will be operated on.

No one has seen me since Ojai last year and since then, the pain has been horrendeous, walking is more like Frankenstein.

It turns out that bone has grown to the point of almost severing my spinal cord and two vertabrae are out of kilter.

Originally the doc was hoping just removal of the bone would do the trick - a two hour operation but, after seeing the new X-rays today has changed that to a four hour operation.

I will have to have the vertabrae fused and pins and a rod put in.

Now I'm only suppose to be in the hospital overnight providing no problems, so keep you're fingers crossed all goes good.

The Admins. know about this and will be covering these forums while I'm recovering. Not sure at what point I'll be back, but hopefully it won't be long.

Rumba

Scupper me, this be a trend! Bein' a moderator can be injurious to yer health, belike! Anyway, don't we have pirates here skilled in the arts of medicine...17th and 18th century style? Why cater to temporary modern tastes in surgery?

Anyway, I hope things go well for you, and you get hot looking nurses to help you along in the recovery process. (Hot being, of course, open to interpretation).

I was about to insert a bad pun about Anesthesia being a Russian princess, but I'll pass over that for now...

Damn, thats sharp!

Rumba,

Prayers for a speedy recovery and wishes you'll be dancing with yer bananas again right soon. Keep us posted luv. If you need anything ask.

Major * huuugs *

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Success Rumba... my dad went through something that sounds very similar... he is doing well now... we pray the same for you.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

You just take care of YOU Rumba...

The Pub will hold on by it's teeth until you get back to whip them all back into shape. :huh:

I may up the coast a bit but I'll come down if you've a need of me hon. You now that.... so tell Boats!

Healing energy and load's of love lass... we'll be after seeing you soon!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

May the Gods bless and a quick recovery

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

:::hugs::: Good luck to ye, Rumba.

Keep us informed if possible of where you are, how long ye'll there, etc.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Rumba dear,

My thoughts and prayers are with you now and always. I wish you nothing but a good surgery, fast recovery in post-op and rehab. Just remember when my fellow nurses come in to get you out of bed that first (or the twentieth) ... we are not the enemy! :lol: They are making you hurt like the devil to get you up and get everything moving again like it should. Be sure and ask for a dose of the 'good stuff' before they get you up. Move slowly when you do get up, even after you get to go home. It's going to take a while for you to recover from this major 'beating' but, you will recover and feel oh so much better for it.

If you need anything hon, holler and I'll do all I can from where I am. Boats - DON'T let her over do on anything! She's a stubborn one and will try her darndest to push herself to fast.

With love and healing thoughts,

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

My brother in law had the same surgery a year ago, and it helped him a lot! Years ago he had broken his back, which made it weak, and then it got really bad. You look at his x-rays, and he looks like the terminator inside—all plates and screws. But he feels great! Good luck to you, Rumba, and don't do too much too soon.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

May Peace and healing be with you Rumba during this tyme of tryal.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Best o' luck wit' the back surgery, Rumba Rue.

I'm sure we'll see ye in the spring, runnin' around the pirate encampments, good as new... Well would ye settle fer ridin' around the encampments, an good as slightly used?

Either way, get yer self better, an come collect yer hugs.