Upcoming Surgery...

Black Syren

Not th' drugs she has t' worry about... but ensuring she doesn't really stress, strain and lift more than 5 lbs for at least a couple weeks. Otherwise she'll be back in the hospital.

I did get ahold of her after 7pm (she and I in the same timezone)... VERY groggy lass. :) But she was sounding good despite the drugs and soreness.

It was non-invasive surgury so makes for faster recovery. She was lucky. But it's all better and down hill from here (at least that's what my sis says)... and she will be MUCH better after two months she will be completely better.

Will call Syren sometime today, see if she's made it home yet or still in the hospital.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Syren luv,

Though they come to late for your surgery, which from the sounds of things went very well indeed, my thoughts and prayers are with you for the road ahead. Take it easy and don't overdo anything. Take your pain meds and let hubby wait on you hand and foot (what girl doesn't like to be pampered?). Take one day at a time and measure your advancements by being able to sit up without pain, being able to walk across the house without tiring, etc. Small steps now ensures longer, well being strides later on.

If you need anything, have hubby holler at me, I'll do all I can.

Here's to a well deserved recovery!

Emerald

Edited by Captain Emerald Shaunassey

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

I just got off the phone with Syren and she says "Hello everyone".

It looks like she'll be staying another night or so. Apparently she lost quite a bit of blood during surgery and with her low blood count such as it was, they are giving her a blood transfusion. She was on the first pint when we spoke getting ready for a second. They aren't quite sure if she is bleeding internally so they might have to do a second surgery. She is scheduled for more testing at 8pm. Let's hope her blood count stays high so that won't be necessary.

She did sound very chipper and is craving a hamburger.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Not th' drugs she has t' worry about... but ensuring she doesn't really stress, strain and lift more than 5 lbs for at least a couple weeks. Otherwise she'll be back in the hospital.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Ye Hear That Men?!!?

GET ALL THAT RUM INT' BOTTLES, There Will Be NO Caskets For At Least A Couple Weeks!!

:ph34r: ....I think we be need'n more bottles fer t' keep'n th' groggy lass groggy!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

It looks like she'll be staying another night or so. Apparently she lost quite a bit of blood during surgery and with her low blood count such as it was, they are giving her a blood transfusion. She was on the first pint when we spoke getting ready for a second. They aren't quite sure if she is bleeding internally so they might have to do a second surgery. She is scheduled for more testing at 8pm. Let's hope her blood count stays high so that won't be necessary.

Do we know how this went last evening?? :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I talked to Syren a little while ago and she's doing pretty good. She says she is in a little bit of pain and is tired of being stuck by needles. She had the tests done last night but didn't have much to say other than her blood count is still a little low and seems to be fluctuating. They are keeping her another night and hoping that her blood count stabilizes. They are giving her solid foods now so that a good sign.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Just talked with our lass...

She's weary to the bone, not eating much although her little one picked the menu for tonight so that might change.... not overly fond of one of her care givers and wants to get out of there!

Tomorrow if all is well she may get the old heave-ho the day afterwards so... send good thoughts everyone! :unsure:

Bless her heart...

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Dearest Syren,

I am so glad you are finally going to be well. I will light a healing candle for you and say prayers for a speedy recovery.

Many Blessings to You. And may the Angels surround you with Love and Healing Light.

Hugs and Blessings,

BriarRose

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

In honor o' Syren's transfusion, I done gave blood this mornin'. Right, wot, the rest o' ye scabrous dogs, if'n yer not already on the Deferred list, into the blood bank with ye!

(ALYX, red-cell double-donation. And I felt great, before, during, and after -- which is saying something, for someone who usually passes out when the needles go in. They're really getting good at this stuff. Seriously, look into it.)

Syren, dear lady, you are in my prayers. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Im OUT!!! Was released yesterday and Im feeling ok, still with lots of pain and movement is slow *which annoys me to no end* But Im home!

I did have complications, Doc said i was a bleeder on the table *not good* and lost some blood. Then did not wake up from the surgery well so it took some time to get me to a room *Thanks to all those who called and yes groggy Syren remembers lol* then was told my blood count continued to drop overnight leading them to believe I may have to go for another surgery as I had some internal bleeding so they gave me a transfusion to watch the blood count and of course it did not stabilize much but fell again, then I developed a fever for two days and they watched that and fed me antibiotics like crazy. I did gain a reputation while I was there as being unstickable! They could not find my veins and having them dig for them was not easy for me, it hurt like hell and I wanted to kick a few of them especially when they brought a novice in training to stick me and she dug about till I really thought I was going to hurt her. *so not like me* But in my defense it hurt and im terrified of needles. So my arms are lovely shades of blacks and blues and purples with a hint of green here and there, just in time for St. Patrick's Day! Then I got in trouble with my nurse for tidying my room, by the look on her face you would have thought I was robbing the National Treasury! *Grins, ok bad because Im a wee bit stubborn, but all this stuff was on my tray and I could not see my lovely flowers!*

Thanks to ALL who called me, again I remember each one of you! Thanks to Leigh, Captain Sterling and the Crewe of the Archangel for the lovely flowers! But most of all thanks to all of you who posted in this thread and Long Tom I think it's great you donated blood because i ended up having a second transfusion before I was allowed to come home. I know there is more I should be saying but Im tired and need to rest so will leave shortly for such. But just wanted you to know that I thank each one of you...love you all!

Syren

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Aye!

Welcome Back!

We're all so very happy to have you back in the fold, recovering well, and soon to be 'terrorizing' the Pyrate world again.

Slainte Lass!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Welcome back home, Syren! Sleepin' in yer own bed will do you a world of good. Sounds like you had just oodles of fun (Am I allowed to say "oodles"?) at hospital. Do you have anything for the pain (besides rum), and is there enough to share? Hope your recovery will be a rapid one...and at need, we can always ship you some leeches.

Damn, thats sharp!

Welcome back Siren!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."