Things I haven't done at PiP

Brig

I just heard you may be in the merchant area at the Thieve's Market. Now I have to break open my piggy bank again. Just finished gluing it together.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year I plan to do something unheard of for the Roberts clan and stay for the duration!!

That would be wonderful! It would be nice to not have to watch the clock to try and catch you when you arrive for an few hour appearance after a bazillion hour drive!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I must say I haven't been to downtown in the last three years at any time during PiP. So, I'm anxious to spend a lot of time there this year, reconnecting with other aspects of the festival and doing a little Duvall Crawl with me mates who will be in town.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

ppppeeeettttteeee get a thrum cap! TTHHHRRRRUMMM CCCAAAPPPP i dont want to be the only one......they are ssoooo period appropriate!

Every hat looks funny on me.

I have always had trouble picking the right hat - my civil war re-enacting days at least I could live with a kepi, cause I could never find the right slouch hat...

I do like the Monmouth I got from William - but it may be a bit warm fer florida. How about a flamingo print head scarf ? :lol:

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

ppppeeeettttteeee get a thrum cap! TTHHHRRRRUMMM CCCAAAPPPP i dont want to be the only one......they are ssoooo period appropriate!

Just the thing for a tropical island.

I have one but I only bring it out when it is cold or wet.

Mark

Oh if t'is too hot for a thrum, just wear it the way Josh wears his...folded in half and laying on top of his head.... :D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I must say I haven't been to downtown in the last three years at any time during PiP. So, I'm anxious to spend a lot of time there this year, reconnecting with other aspects of the festival and doing a little Duvall Crawl with me mates who will be in town.

-- Hurricane

Wait? There's a downtown?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I am being reminded of that by my crew daily, dear Captain. I had almost forgotten that there was one.

Even after a dozen or so visits to KW over the years, I have still never made it to Hemingway's home (still hoping to keep that record intact) and I really want to finally get to the East Martello Museum which has such fascinating stuff to see, including that possessed doll, Robert. And I haven't been to BOs Fish Wagon in something like three or four years. Egad, where has the time gone?

Between the fort, the Thieve's Market area and the town, I haven't yet figured out when there is to be sleep. :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

.....fine all yee thrum haters.........ill just stay on duvall street with hurricane........though he may want to avoid the bars i frequent.........

You'd be surprised, sir, you'd be surprised. I've never met a bar I didn't like. :D

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I am being reminded of that by my crew daily, dear Captain. I had almost forgotten that there was one.

Even after a dozen or so visits to KW over the years, I have still never made it to Hemingway's home (still hoping to keep that record intact) and I really want to finally get to the East Martello Museum which has such fascinating stuff to see, including that possessed doll, Robert. And I haven't been to BOs Fish Wagon in something like three or four years. Egad, where has the time gone?

Between the fort, the Thieve's Market area and the town, I haven't yet figured out when there is to be sleep. :)

-- Hurricane

Officious Mission Key West Site Reviews

Hemingway's home: full of cats.

E. Martello: full of old stuff. (W. Martello: full of flowers)

People who tell you inanimate objects are/can be possessed: full of...

Now BOs Fish Wagon is something that must be seen at least once a trip. (Ditto Cafe Sole and Blue Heaven.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ah, Blue Heaven. Lot it for breakfast. Also like Camille's though... looking forward to reconnecting with old favorites and old friends.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually planning on being there longer than Friday and Saturday night this year, so I would love to:

1. See the Walk the Plank Competition

2. See the outside-the-fort festivities (like drinking in costume with a number of fellow pirates)

But I am equally looking forward to the activities I have enjoyed each year, such as:

1. Cafe Sole' and the crazy good breakfast place Mission knows

2. All Girl Canon Crewe

3. getting to hang out with all you fine folks!

• 1 year later...

2. Make it in time for the entire parade. (Even though the "run to catch up just in time to stop for a drink and have to run to catch up again" game was kinda fun.)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Bwa-HA ha ha ha ha ha! Hee hee hee! Oh, that's rich. Gotta' wipe a tear from my eye, here. (Sorry, Mae, but it IS funny after last year.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...