Things I haven't done at PiP

Brig

1. Attend the trial...I've somehow managed to miss it the past THREE years in a row.

2. Fire something. Flintlock, cannon, squirt gun...take what I can get.

3. Out-drink Mission. I'd say Mission and Stynky, but that would kill me.

4. Actually have a conversation with Patrick. One that doesn't involve cutting something off of him.

5. Keep Mae awake for 8 consecutive hours.

What about the rest of you? Personal goals for this year?

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. See the trial... I'm with you on that one Brig... Although I have only managed to miss it once. :(

2. Get drunk with Mission and Stynky on mead they don't have to steal... <_<

3. Actually see some of Key West outside of the Fort. We did manage to sneak down to the Southern Most point monument and the Pirate Soul museum before leaving, but that really isn't seeing Key West.

4. I'm probably forgetting some thing.. Probably many somethings, but this will do for now.

Michael_banner.jpg

If'n I was t' list th' things I have naught done at PiP th' moderators would surely ban me fer life...for that matter, I have naught done any of them at any festival fer th' same reason :(

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Brig rocks! She invented an interesting new topic in PiP. Just for that, I'll have the journal completed for you tomorrow. The core of it is actually done, but I need to fix the navigational links and proofread it. I believe this is the first time I have proofed something before posting it on my web page. In fact, many of the things on there have never been proof read at all. I'll bet you never noticed. <_< (I hate proof reading my own material.)

3. Out-drink Mission. I'd say Mission and Stynky, but that would kill me.

Mission is absurdly easy to out drink. As for Stynky, you can't quite tell when he's drunk and when he's not. At least when you're drinking with him, you can't.

2. Get drunk with Mission and Stynky on mead they don't have to steal... :P

Hey, hey, hey! I stole nothing. I was naive enough to think he was going to pay for it. I actually bought the first bottle. (And then I got yelled at for giving part of it to Jessi.)

Hat_Stynky_Mead_Sunday_mark_Mary.jpg

(Seriously, who looks naive in this photo? In fact, who usually comes up looking (and being) naive?)

Things I have never done at PiP...gee. See this is the great thing about the journal. I get myself to do things that will give me fodder for the viewers at home (like get stuffed in a trash can on the Duvall Crawl with Anne and Mary).

1. I have never done a pretend surgery. Maybe I'll fix that. (Maybe I won't.)

2. I have never swam in the ocean there. Come to think of it, I've never swam in the ocean anywhere leaving directly from Key West's shore.

3. I have never camped in the fort. (Probably not gonna, either.)

4. Why does there have to a four? What is special about four? I'm only three and half.

5. I have never been allowed to dine at the Catt & Fiddle. :(

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Fear not, Mission. The Catt & Fiddle will be coming beachside to join forces with the Silkie's place to help quench your thirst and cook up some of everyone's favorites.

Let's see:

1. Not get sick again this year (two out of the last four, including last year).

2. Go beachside and set up our camp.

3. Take a dip in the waters there with Diosa.

4. Die in a horrendous duel on the beach there between Mary Read and the man who had challenged her man to a duel.

5. Continue to give my liver a much needed break.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

slept and been healthy

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

2. Fire something. Flintlock, cannon, squirt gun...take what I can get.

Brig, I'm not sure if we've ever met <_< , but you can fire off my pistol anytime.

2. Get drunk with Mission and Stynky on mead they don't have to steal... <_<

Actually it would be nice to drink something that wasn't stolen by Mission.

3. Actually see some of Key West outside of the Fort. . .

What a novel idea, it almost sounds scary. So one may find the time to undertake such a venture, Harry is going to have to accommodate us with a few extra days.

But aside from meeting and drinking with more of you, there's only one thing I can think of that I really wanted to do and missed out on this last year.

1. Appear in the Pyracy Pub group picture.

Speaking of which - someone should do another who is who thread.

1. Sleep for a solid week BEFORE Brig and I leave for Key West. Maybe then I won't be crying into my mead every night 'cause I'm so tired.

2. Make it in time for the entire parade. (Even though the "run to catch up just in time to stop for a drink and have to run to catch up again" game was kinda fun.)

3. Actually get the rest of our candlemaking gear together and set up for demos, so we don't end up as "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" again.

4. Attend Hat-Swap 2009. Guess this depends on how well my campaign to stay awake past midnight goes. <_<

MaeBar-1.png

The world stands out on either side

No wider than the heart is wide.

~E. Millay

4. Attend Hat-Swap 2009. Guess this depends on how well my campaign to stay awake past midnight goes. <_<

Attending a hat swap is easy (as long as you can stay awake for it), but if you want to make you goal a real challenge... You should make your goal to attend a hat swap and leave with the same hat you arrived with... <_<

Michael_banner.jpg

Brig, I'm not sure if we've ever met :D

*siiiiiiiiiigh* :o

but you can fire off my pistol anytime.

I bet you'd remember THAT... :D

3. Actually get the rest of our candlemaking gear together and set up for demos, so we don't end up as "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" again.

Hey, I did plenty! Lounged on the beach...spooned a Beach...

Okay, yeah, we need to work on that. :D

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

4. Attend Hat-Swap 2009. Guess this depends on how well my campaign to stay awake past midnight goes. :D

First you need a hat...

Besides, it's not a game, it's an evil plot to get my Patrick Hand original Planter's Hat. Stynky got so drunk, he forget the goal this year.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Be on time ~ for anything. *sigh

I have the best intentions, I truly do. But, my dressing maid ran off with the cabin boy, so I spend entirely too much time getting ready (and being late) or hauling stuff back and forth (and being late). But, at least I get to see everyone into the wee hours of the morning ~ which doesn't help with the being on time part, but it is fun.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Be on time ~ for anything. *sigh

I have the best intentions, I truly do. But, my dressing maid ran off with the cabin boy, so I spend entirely too much time getting ready (and being late) or hauling stuff back and forth (and being late). But, at least I get to see everyone into the wee hours of the morning ~ which doesn't help with the being on time part, but it is fun.

Mary,

If you need help dressing, wander down to the buccaneer camp. I'm sure you can find one of us upstanding buccaneers to help. :P

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Good thread topic Brig! I've got a few things I'd like to participate in this year:

1. Get to PiP early, meaning the first day...not two or three days in.

2. Check out the "Walk the Plank" competition (MadDogge's retelling later that evening had me very interested).

3. Train and take part in one of the battles, and firing off a gun or cannon, or using a pike

4. Sing at the Hide or Pub (by myself or with a group...doesn't matter)

5. Get to the parade earlier so's I can see it start, and then join in again (that was fun) ;)

6. Talk philosophy and other pithy stuff with a variety of folks - I was a silent observer from time to time this year, though I learned a lot.

Should #7 be meet Stynky? I hear he's infamous. :P

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

2. Make it in time for the entire parade.

Hey... it don't matter when ye join th' parade... it just kinda happens.... I was out doin' somethin' (it probably had somethin' ter do wit drinkin').... but why walk alla that way to war th' parade starts when I can just sit on the side O' th' street and wait till the Pyrates comes ter me.... NOTE: clappin' and yellin' gets lotsa candy thrown yer way (or at you)....

<the little girl, her brother an Mom got their bags fulla candy swag.... I waz jus' doin' me civic dooty....>

Should #7 be meet Stynky? I hear he's infamous.

Just glue yer hat ter yer head first........

I wanna type.... "get lucky..." but that would be tacky... (it would put on quite a show fer Capt. Jim and most of camp tho......)

There is just so dang much going on, that if you miss one thing, it's because ye were doin' something else wot was just as interestin'.....

I missed the Pyrate Olympics.... I wanted to see that, but Then I woulda missed wot I was doing.... (can't remember wot I was doin".... see I had a good time...)

DANG... PIP needs to be a month long......

Old pirates never die, we just go to Pip ... forever...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

You say that as if it's a bad thing...........

Hugh.... no wonder they call it Pyrates in Paradise....

We gots th' rum... the HOT babes.... the fantastic ocean front view.... an' the sexists Pyrates gathered anywhere in the would....

Without getting too religious.... ain't that Paradise...... :wub:

YEAH

the only thing I want to do that I feel I haven't done is yet is to SLOW DOWN and breath it in.!

I'm so busy trying to enjoy everything and trying not to miss anything that I forget to really experience it.

Its all such a blur...thank GOD for all the photos!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

You say that as if it's a bad thing...........

No Patrick, you read it as if I wrote it that way... and I certainly did not....

Crewe of the Archangel

For those of you that want to see things "outside the fort", it can be a fun and SCARY place.

Fun

100_0245.jpg

Fishing on a charter boat

100_0251.jpg

Going to famous bars and seeing Elvis

and sunset at Mallory Square

100_0248.jpg

Scary

100_0273.jpg

Giant Transvestites! and seeing Elvis

100_0071.jpg

So there are things outside the fort, just be very careful!

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net