Pyrate Artist Trading Card Exchange

Ransom

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too late for me to take the #10 spot? My watercolors are kinda rudimentary in comparison to some of the example pages, but I'd like to play.

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

Okay, remember, everyone makes nine cards, one for each player...unless Michael and Kate split up, then we each make ten.

My wife might leave me?!?! :o I don't wanna split up!!! I thought we were happily married!

But I was going to offer to divide our efforts on this project, but if Chrispy wants in, we'll still work as a team to acommodate him joining, as long as everyone else is okay with him being a few hours late.

Michael_banner.jpg

Okay, remember, everyone makes nine cards, one for each player...unless Michael and Kate split up, then we each make ten.

My wife might leave me?!?! :o I don't wanna split up!!! I thought we were happily married!

But I was going to offer to divide our efforts on this project, but if Chrispy wants in, we'll still work as a team to acommodate him joining, as long as everyone else is okay with him being a few hours late.

LOL Maybe I should have worded that a bit differently! :o

Welcome Cannibal Crispy!

Gotta say, I got into PTC mode the other day, and did all ten cards! I can see where these things could become addictive! I'm kinda thinking like Patrick, I may do more then one series of ten. The first ten were just too much fun.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Besides.... only the people in the first round get the limited edition of the Candie Kane Pyrate Girl trading card........

I like that idea. 'Limited Edition'. 'PEW's limited edition scratch and sniff'. Yeah, that's it. Bilge water, Rum, gunpowder, metal, this could be interesting.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Ok.... so we finished ours today -- Chrispy and I - I just need to know where to mail them. They are in a box with out names on them and are ready to be mailed.

I only made 9 -- is that going to mess you up? ( I don't really want one of my own)

Most of mine are kind of 3D as well I hope that won't present too much trouble either. I was kind of stuck on what to do... and well... I kind of got inspired by some fabric and little things i had lying around and such, and once I got started...well I finished them all in one sitting. They're all very different - you'll have to decide who gets what.

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Nell, if you don't mind, do all ten cards. If people start keeping back one for themselves, or because they don't want one of their own, it will make things WAY too confusing for me trying to keep track, when it comes time to mail them back out. I'm a little dyslexic, and trying to remember who did all ten and who didn't would make my brain hurt! Besides, then it will be a surprise for you when you get the cards back, so see which one of yours you ended up with. Thanks!

A little 3-D is okay, but keep in mind the usual display method for these is in plastic baseball card sleeves, which are fairly thin, or photo album sleeves. Also, I don't want mailing them back out to become too complicated, since I think most cards plus the goodies will fit in a standard 6x9 padded envelope, or maybe even the next size smaller. I don't want to get into mailing out boxes.

I'll PM you my addy. I'm guessing you and Chrispy are mailing yours to me all together, right? :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Yes, we will ship together. one of mine is extremely 3D. And since you started the game I kinda made the big one with you in mind, however if it does not call to you please feel free to pass it on.

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

:blink: Ooooo, a surprise card, just for me! Can't wait!!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I got the Patrick Hand card photoshoped and ready to print..... I'm going to print them on card stock, and then using fusible pellon (it's kinda a sheet of glue that is ironed on and used for glue fabric together) I figure it will give the cards almost the heft of a baseball trading card.....

I don't think the ink from the printer will be "moist" enough to use gold embossing powder on them... so I might have to use imitation gold leaf for the Candi Kane Limited edition Collectors Cards.... :D I think I'll make 20 of them, 10 for this exchange, and ten for the future, and then delete the file.... Maybe even hand number them, and then shuffle 'em up then seal 'em in something, so they are really limited.....

No worries, Nell. Mine don't have pyrates, and only have a few pyratey things on them. Mine are sort of a collaged theme story...with a twist. ;)

I've got another idea in mind, so may do another ten cards. I just had too much fun doing the first ten. Hummm, I kinda like Pew's idea of a scratch and sniff! LOL That idea could get really........strange/scary! :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hey, that's the fun part of PTCs, you can make them look however you want. Besides, I know all the players are waiting with breathless anticipation for the limited edition Candie Kane cards! I know I am! :unsure:

Nice job, Pew! (Now, go post in Terra! LOL)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

;):unsure:;)

Wow, I just got through making another ten cards. So, everyone will get two cards from me. These things are just soooo much fun. ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg