Airship Pyrates at Burning Man

Patrick Hand

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wonderin' if anyone read this.....

and wonderin' bout running around the playa naked.....

Yeah sure... it ain't something I ever do... (and probably won't any way....)

But the thought that I could if I wanted to......

Hummmmmmmm....

And NO I WON'T POST ANY PICTURES...... well unless Ranson post first... but she ain't going to Burning Man... so I'm kinda safe on that one.... :rolleyes:

One of that parts that is so much fun about Burning Man, is you can be who your wanna be..... but awh heck... I already do that..... (If I posted that I was typing this totally naked..... (well I am, because I'm about to go to bed, and it's kinda hot) who cares.... (OK... I don't wanna know who cares....) (and I still ain't goinna post picture of that also...)

Awh heck... I shouldda gone to sleep about two hours age...... but th' rum is still workin' .... so wot the heck.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just wonderin' if anyone read this.....

and wonderin' bout running around the playa naked.....

Yeah sure... it ain't something I ever do... (and probably won't any way....)

But the thought that I could if I wanted to......

Hummmmmmmm....

And NO I WON'T POST ANY PICTURES...... well unless Ranson post first... but she ain't going to Burning Man... so I'm kinda safe on that one.... ;)

One of that parts that is so much fun about Burning Man, is you can be who your wanna be..... but awh heck... I already do that..... (If I posted that I was typing this totally naked..... (well I am, because I'm about to go to bed, and it's kinda hot) who cares.... (OK... I don't wanna know who cares....) (and I still ain't goinna post picture of that also...)

Awh heck... I shouldda gone to sleep about two hours age...... but th' rum is still workin' .... so wot the heck.....

What you don't know, Patrick, is that I have a camera computer. If we're both logged on some night, best make sure ye got yer clothes on! LOL (Just kidding. I don't have a camera attached to my computer.)

As for me running around Burning Man naked, wouldn't happen. I'd get so burnt, I would be Burning Woman well, unless you first dipped me, like a candle, in a vat of sunblock . ;) Besides, I'm a little long in the tooth to be running around without me clothes on.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Besides, I'm a little long in the tooth to be running around without me clothes on.

Awh... but you'd have so much fun in the Critical Tits Parade..... :(

Packin' tomorrow....wonderin' if I wanna take my Pyrate (1720's)garb just fer funsies one night....

Burning Man is as much fun as PiP... just in a more twisted way......(really twisted way.... that must be why I like it so much....)

• 2 weeks later...

WOAH.....WHATTA BURN......

The Weather was nice....well as nice as you can expect out on the Playa...

The Dust only got bad on Saturday and Sunday, but it read the schedule, and stopped just in time for both the Burning of The Man on Saturday, and for the Temple burn on Sunday.

Lotsa really cool stuff to look at....

I'm already thinking about what I wanna do for next year......

Awh heck... th' puter is messing wit me.....-(it couldn't have nofin to do wit alla the gin I drank (hey... I was outta rum)

Anyway..... this is a picture of me camp.... kinda funny... it did look better than the photo shows it,,,, oh well.....*

Camp-1.jpg?t=1253170710

You can't see the pritty brass telescope .... an' just a little of th' bike that didn't work...... alla that marron stuff was dust scarfs wot I wanted to give away.......

but I still hadda good tyme......

So was it hot and windy out thar... Didja meet up with

other steampunkers than wanna make this some annual thing?

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I've been doing regional burns for a while. But after getting off the phone with my boss a few minutes ago.

I have decided to finally make it out to Black Rock City for the 2010 burn. I will also be at Burning Flipside (Austin, TX)

in May.

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

• 5 months later...

Eye found a nother cool Message Board site for steampunkers... Me thinks Patrick could Get the Columbia off the ground here as a real group and eye would join .... be fun to have a steampunk get together in a year and a bit of planning...Wot say ye Patrick,Ransom? http://steampunk.ning.com/groups

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Great find, Eyes! I agree, we need to register with this site and start planing! :angry:

Patrick, whot say you?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 4 months later...

Well it's that time of year again..... Time for me to start working on my camp for Burning Man....

For the Local 3rd of July Parade, I made a 16 foot tall "Blue Frog of Liberty Statue"...(Yeah.. I gotta post pictures of it) Unfortunately, the wheels broke off at the start of the parade, so it wasn't in the parade.... (Rats... and I wouldda won first place for the second year in a row...)

Anyway, that's what I was working on for the last few weeks, and now that it's over, I can start to spend time on my Burning Man stuff...

I will use the same tent again this year, all I have to do is add some ties on the inside for mosquito netting... Not that there are any mosquitoes out on the Playa... but it looks good inside the tent.....

I have to make new poles for my awning... someone stole my last ones....But I will use the 2x2s that I made the "Blue Frog of Liberty" outta (and store them in a more secure place this year...)But the same set-up as last year.

I will be recycling the painted fabric that I covered the "Blue Frog of Liberty" for a new awning, so I can use the two Polish (I think they are Polish) cammo nets at the back of the awning. I'm thinking of painting "Dazzle" camouflage on the awning... and a buncha ties for the netting...

I have to re-build my cot for this year.... I forgot to bolt the legs in place last year, and the hinges twisted.... (hey... when I mess up, I do a good job of it...)

I have to make a stand to hold my 5 gallon water jug... I put it on top of one of my chest last year, but I want something better this year....

I have to find a sturdy table and chair to take....

And finish my Steampunk radio....

(After Burning Man, I can start working on fancying up my doglock and getting it ready for PiP.....)

• 1 month later...
Eye found a nother cool Message Board site for steampunkers... Me thinks Patrick could Get the Columbia off the ground here as a real group and eye would join .... be fun to have a Steampunk get together in a year and a bit of planning...Wot say ye Patrick,Ransom? http://steampunk.ning.com/groups

Me procrastinate.......

I finally got around to looking at that web page.....

OK so I will get something started (hopefully kinda soon...)

• 2 weeks later...

5 days

Made a sign...

"HEADQUARTERS

JMP-GRP #1

Columbia's Revenge"

for the camp.... Just a few small things to work on, then pack....

I'd like to take and post pictures..... but I always forget to do that.... But my camp and garb will be showin' off my Airship Pyrate finery....

Th' way my life works is always interesting.....

We traded a "second" Pizza mascot (one we use to train someone how to make them... but it had a lot of mistakes...) For a buncha coupons good for Pizzas....(a LOT of Pizzas...)

So we went out and had Pizza for lunch...

Well the wicker chair I took to Burning Man last year kinda fell to pieces, and I couldn't find anything cheap enough to take out to Black Rock City... so it looked like I was going to be stuck using a folding Directors Chair...

The Pizza Parlor is next door to the Humane Society's Thrift Store....

We were just finishing eating, when someone walked into the Thrift Store to donate a wicker Chair....

And it was only $7.00 !!!!

It's time like that; that make me believe there is a God, and she wants me to have a good time at Burning Man..... :blink: