Your ships name.

Hawk the QM

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You two have some sense of imagination. :P;)

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

She was carrying the name Enterprise when she fell into my hands last year. She has been re-fitted and will sail this year as Nefarious Enterprise. She be a speedy 24 footer but rather long in the tooth and sails out of Rheault Bay (near Kenora, Ontario) - freshwater pirates be we :P. If I can find a crew, she'll sail against the merchant ships on Lake of the Woods.

She may not be wood and sail but she be a REAL pirate ship! ;)

LonestarAug2010007t.jpg

Captain of Enterprise out of Rheault Bay

She was carrying the name Enterprise when she fell into my hands last year. She has been re-fitted and will sail this year as Nefarious Enterprise....

LonestarAug2010007t.jpg

LMAO!!! Oh, I love it! So incredibly perfect. :) Gives a whole new meaning to "Star Trek: INSURRECTION"! ;) Can ye just see Picard or Kirk all pirated out? Hmm... I wonder if Shatner would dress up like a pirate?

Tis a fine vessel with a perfect name. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

LMAO!!! Oh, I love it! So incredibly perfect. :) Gives a whole new meaning to "Star Trek: INSURRECTION"! ;) Can ye just see Picard or Kirk all pirated out? Hmm... I wonder if Shatner would dress up like a pirate?

~Lady B

The year that the Great Lakes Medieval Faire had a pirate themed year, where pirates were playing oppasite king Aurther, There was a pirate captain on cast name 'Captain Tiberious Dirk' of the galleon 'Enterprise' and they have puns like that for characters' names every year.

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

She was carrying the name Enterprise when she fell into my hands last year. She has been re-fitted and will sail this year as Nefarious Enterprise....

LonestarAug2010007t.jpg

~Lady B

Lady B - ;)

Reminds me of a Don Bosquet's cartoon of a seedy lobsterman standing in the stern of his lobsta' boat 'ENTERPRISE'

Cartoon was captioned: Captain James T. Kirk of the Enterprise.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Oh, I love it! So incredibly perfect. :) ..... Tis a fine vessel with a perfect name. ;)

Thank'ee m'lady, me 'n' me ship be flattered ;)

Captain of Enterprise out of Rheault Bay

Ye be welcome, Di.

LOL, those are things that should be posted on the Facebook page for Trek Fest. :)

I really have to appreciate the Kirk puns.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Our ship is and will always be The Jade Dragon.

Sleek, fast and a growl to not challenge.

When the storyline for the BC Renfest began she was a sloop but since that time Charity has taken her Uncle's flagship and renamed it (Challenging the bad luck of renaming a ship) in order to make it hers. The Sussex Rose is no more and her revenge on her uncle is nearer completion. The Jade Dragon is now a Caravel and the original battered old sloop became a fireship.

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Now and then a bit more of Luna's past comes to light. this is part of a letter Scott, the gentleman we bought Luna from, sent me. We knew Luna was a form of his wifes maiden name of Moon, but this is so great to add. Also, this will appear in our next news letter which goes to print on monday with a guest article by the pubs very own Capt. Bo!

I wanted to pass on a little info on why I named "Luna". Lt.

Commander L. Guy Moon was my father-in-law. He gave me half of the money

I needed to buy "Luna", then known as "The Old Girl" . I felt that a

name change was in order, but did not want her to revert back to her

original name of "Privateer". As a tribute to Guy, I chose his surname.

The color scheme that I chose for her was that of a Luna moth. The

attached photo was painted in watercolor by Alex Raymond, originator of

the Flash Gordon cartoon series and many tribute drawings done of

servicemen during WWII. Pops, your grandfather, is probably familiar

with them. Guy was a Navy Chaplain during WWII in the South Pacific. He

was asked to pose for Raymond while in Philadelphia , while

commissioning a newly launched ship. The original watercolor is on

display at the National Marine Headquarters , behind the chaplain's

desk. We are currently trying to get an official reprint put on display

at the Veteran's Memorial Cemetary in Jax, Fl. , where Guy is buried .

Keep up the good work on "Luna". We are all so proud [as would be Guy]

of the efforts of all of you at CSF, Scott

Well, my best friend and I are going to take a 28ft. pontoon he has been trying to get rid of for three years and disguise it as a small flatboat with cabin and a mast with a square rig, and a big rudder for the lake/river. Ought to be fun. We are mounting a 20 foot jon boat between the pontoons for cargo hold and extra bouyancy too. Shouldn't be able to see any of the aluminum when we get done with it. Using old barn wood and plywod to cover it with. We are calling it Le Farb. ;)

Bo

I thought I would post a photo of what the flatboat LaFarb will look like when we get it done:

Flatboat_Replica_Mud_Island_Memphis_TN_01.jpg

angelas_ark_at_alton.jpg

Tis is what we are going to try and accomplish. It will be on a pontoon base so we can trailer it easily.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

still thinkin

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

pickup4_scale.jpg

fla3_scale.jpg

My first sailboat, a 1976 Com-Pac 16 I bought off eBay. Named her Floridaze. Since that time we moved up to a Com-Pac 19 called Gypsy Soul and now own a Seaward 22 named Panacea. I sure miss that little 16, I was able to trailer sail that one. Pan has been on the hard the last two summers, no cash for a slip. B)

fdz11_scale.jpg

Floridaze

asail5.jpg

Gypsy Soul

pan3_scale.jpg

Panacea

wil22.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Now that be a good question. If'n I had a ship, I'd call her the Bobbie Lou, fer Robert Louis Stevenson, o' course! And it'd be a full-fledg'd Pirate ship, dedicated to all good-hearted Buccaneers everywhere!

And o' course, the first thing ye'd see upon enterin' the Cap'n's Quarters would be me favorite Pirate poem:

The meeker the man, the more Pirate he,

Snug in his armchair, far from the sea,

And reason commends his position:

He has all o' the fun and none o' the woes,

Masters the ladies an' scuttles his foes,

And cheats both the noose an' perdition!

Our ship is the Hellion, formerly HMS Hellion, but we had a disagreement with the management.

She has served us faithfully lo these many years and has taken her share of prizes ( and a few lamp poles too, as anyone who was at Fells Point this year can tell you).

Pics can be seen on http://thebrigands.com

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands