Your ships name.

Hawk the QM

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually own that game but I gave up after a week. I couldn't figure squat out and I hated not being able to change clothes after I made my pirate guy (can you still not change?).

I kept getting killed by awesome pirates. =(

When you go into the tailor's shop you can change clothes. Tailors are located in the major ports like Tortuga in the back of the auction houses.

PvP is deadly, and their ain't much profit in it so I avoid the PvP zones and pray on the NPCs. The real problem with PotBS is the pirate endgame is the same as any of the empires. If they modified that feature so pirates could operate as pirates instead of the Pirate Empire Navy it would be a great game.

If you get the urge to try again, I'm on the Roberts server, let me know when and where and I'll meet you there. Just look for this scurvy old seadog...

JoePyrat4L.jpg

Yaaar thank you Joe. I actually dug the game out of my closet and I'll probably be giving it a test spin tonight.

I just hope you're not planning a lead ball enigma for me :blink:

Let's move this to the POP section. I'll start a thread called Pirates of the Burning Sea.

Edited by Joe Pyrat

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

• 4 months later...
If I could have but one ship I'm not certain what I would call her, though a working replica of the Watch Dog would be too nice to pass up.

Ditto. I want the Watch Dog.

But the ship that I have created in my mind is called Virtue, cause what is more ironic then hearing the words "The Pirate Ship Virtue . . ." Seems rather incongruous. Think of her as the tricked out caddy of pirate ships.

Real or imagined it would be a fast galleon called the "Maire le Noir" named for the first lady to steal my heart...

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

3660251270_1501aa649b.jpg

A friend is giving us his 16 foot fiberglass sailboat. He says he never gets to use it anymore, and knew that I have wanted a real boat for some time. But we can't agree on what to name it. Red Bess, our boys and I have each tossed out names that the other three pretty much immediately veto. My first choice was Åderlåtningen, which is Swedish for "the Bloodletting", but that seemed a bit too intense for a small pleasure craft. Plus, it probably wouldn't fit across the transom. My next choice was toyboattoyboattoyboat, but that was thought to be too "cutesy" and had the same problem with fitting on the transom. So, we're stuck for the time being. Maybe I should assert my right to name it today, it being Father's Day and all. Then they'd have to accept my suggestion!

One of two . . .After my grandfather's boat,The White Cap, or my father's The Argo, (my first name would just match the Argo perfectly . . .)

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

One of two . . .After my grandfather's boat,The White Cap, or my father's The Argo, (my first name would just match the Argo perfectly . . .)

AH!

There you are, Son of Jason!

Are you still mad at They Might Be Giants?

They killed Jason off and countless screaming Argonauts . . .

http://www.paradise-engineering.com/quotat...inyoursoul.html

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

My sisters inlaws had a large house boat and a small speed boat ...yes I know we are talking sailing vessels but I thought this might get a chuckel from one or two of you. The Speed boat was "Fast Half", the large house boat was "Half Fast" :D

I came up with my Pirate name before we decided to name the ship. We thought long and hard about what would be the name of a ship that had a captain by the name of Justin Kase, and thus was born the D.P.S. SeaMonkey (D.P.S. standing for Dread Pyrate Ship).

It was really close too, because we almost named her the LoveMonkey, but we thought it better to not have to show up where there were children and try to explain that name.

Captain Justin Kase

Captain of the Dread Pyrate Ship SeaMonkey

Beloved of Anya Kase

Also Known As Silverback, The Naughty Bard

Quixotic Pyrate of the Desert Seas

We have a CAL 40 named Odin and keeping with the Norse deity theme we named our motor boat Loki. When I get my own sailboat I'll probably name it something like Thor, Freyr, or Njörðr depending on the size and amount of sails and what not. If ever happen to get a tall ship it would be named The Brass Arrow no questions asked.

If ever happen to get a tall ship it would be named The Brass Arrow no questions asked.

Why The Brass Ar . . .Sorry. Didn't read the second part. . . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Why not Ellida, the dragon ship that was gifted to Viking by Aegir? Or Skidbladnir! It's travel sized.

Skidbladnir has actually been considered...like I said depends on the ship really....

If ever happen to get a tall ship it would be named The Brass Arrow no questions asked.

Why The Brass Ar . . .Sorry. Didn't read the second part. . . .

....Thats right...No questions... ¬_¬

Edited by Niko

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...